• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia just announced a handheld - releasing Q2 2013

My prediction: Nvidia announces this at CES and we never hear about it again. Unless this things launches at $50 I am about 99% sure this thing will fail.
But hey, maybe I am just super pessimistic and this takes the world by storm.

Croc

Banned
Sounds cool but

that's literally worse than the worst design I could have come up with for a handheld.

RM8

That's gargantuan for a handheld. I don't think you could sell me one of these and I love handhelds.

Derrick01

Banned
Already a more legit platform than ios.

But honestly this feels like the 90s again when there were a few real platforms and a ton of crappy competitors.

So, what is this thing actually running? Android developers aren't going to do anything exclusively for chips past the Tegra 3 (since that's what the Galaxy S3 is packing, and that's the biggest name in Android right now.). And a Tegra chip for PC gaming is laughable.

WalkMan

Banned
qXkPn.jpg

Sup.

hatchx

Banned
Why release a portable gaming device with the wait they have been going?

Someone just make a little shell that smart phones can 'click' into with buttons. That is all that is needed.

Fusebox

Banned
I like the idea of playing a game on the bus home, walking in my front door and hooking this controller/console up to my TV and continuing the game from where I was on the big screen with 5.1.

markot

Banned
So, what is this thing actually running? Android developers aren't going to do anything exclusively for chips past the Tegra 3 (since that's what the Galaxy S3 is packing, and that's the biggest name in Android right now.). And a Tegra chip for PC gaming is laughable.
Gs3 uses an Samsung made chip. Nexus7 is like the only good selling tegra device.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
If this happens to come out, I think it will sell 1/4 of what the Vita is selling now.... And I'm being optimistic.

Top Bottom