• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia just announced a handheld - releasing Q2 2013

The only thing those crazy attempts at the console industry are going to show us is that the real problem with portables is the price of the games. 39 bucks is not gonna cut it, and those machines giving average ass games for 5-10 bucks will make this even more clear.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
IS THE GRAPHICS AMAZING GUYSZ?!

And then they zoom in but at side angles where we can't see the screen directly!

Striek

Vitas first year has been very healthy, and 3DS keeps meeting Nintendos forecasts. However could another system compete.

Is this thing can handle 4K video playback, it seems like a no-brainer baseline for next-gen hardware. Not necessarily excited for Shield, but excited for what the future will bring.

Kyou

that looks like the android controller I got for free

DPAq0.jpg

You and maybe 3 other guys on planet earth agree.

The thing is, even if it sells like shit, you know software support won't drop because Android itself will remain popular. It's really a risk-free investment for Android enthusiasts.

Edit: And it streams from PC. Gamechanger.

RM8

Pretty much, if this plays the same games as Ouya but can be played stand-alone or hooked up to a TV I'd get this over Ouya for sure.
This might be more expensive than Ouya, though. I love handhelds and I'd rather have an Ouya than this at the moment - mostly because we know nothing about it other than the fact that it's ugly, though.

JDSN

Banned
Ouya am cry

For the makers at least, but the bigger the market, the more people will be interested in making games that are compatible with these devices.

Unless they release one of these things monthly and theres an Android console crash....which is probably what will happen.

Top Bottom