• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover: San Antonio |OT| Glorious Rumble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
arena seems a bit empty, is that normal 45mins before the show starts? :/

somedevil

It's a little harsh, but quite frankly he's probably gonna have a more successful and long career in WWE post-retirement than he ever would have as a wrestler.

Yep. I remember before his final concussion people were labeling him CM Punk lite and not a fan of his wrestling style.

Also Aaron Solow worked the dark match aka Bayley's boyfriend.

NXT feels like a dead product. The brand split killed any momentum it had.

I think HHH himself admitted (I cannot remember where, maybe on the conference call), that they spread themselves too thin; having NXT worldwide tours ahead of the event. That means they could not give the storylines the work they needed to make them great in the last few weeks before Takeover.

Personally I think NXT has a good chance to improve between now and Mania. Roode is not going up anytime soon, so they can build a program around him. They have Chris Hero, who can do great stuff. Nakamura should go up, but if they keep him there for a few more months wherever they position him can lead to a great feud/match. Eric Young has it in him to pull out a great match when needed. DIY are fantastic, and if they decide to break them up Ciampa v Gargano could be one of the best things in all of wrestling for 2017. Roderick Strong is one of best guys on the roster, they just need to give him something interesting to do - he feels like "just a guy" right now. They have Itami and Aries coming back from injury. Both can do great things. Even Almas, who has been abit of a letdown in NXT, has a chance to do great stuff if they let him. I think his character is great now, but they need to not limit his moveset. Also, I still believe they have access to many of the Cruiserweights. There are amazing wrestlers in there - who are underutilized on RAW/205.

I do admit the Women's roster lacks in terms of quality. At the very least Asuka/Ember Moon has a chance to be great if they start to build to that. Kay/Royce are an amazing combo. They are not the best wrestlers, but they are getting there. There characters/friendships is amazing to watch. Crazy Mary Dobson / Sarah Bridges is a good wrestler too, but yet to put in actual work on the show.

I think NXT will be okay. Tonight might not be great, but they have more than enough quality in their ranks to build to a great show down the line.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Shush they are wonderful

Wasn't specifically talking about Royce and Kay. I dunno about you but I'm not looking forward to guys like No Way Jose and Andrade hitting the top of the card.

Nekofrog

Banned
I think HHH himself admitted (I cannot remember where, maybe on the conference call), that they spread themselves too thin; having NXT worldwide tours ahead of the event. That means they could not give the storylines the work they needed to make them great in the last few weeks before Takeover.

Personally I think NXT has a good chance to improve between now and Mania. Roode is not going up anytime soon, so they can build a program around him. They have Chris Hero, who can do great stuff. Nakamura should go up, but if they keep him there for a few more months wherever they position him can lead to a great feud/match. Eric Young has it in him to pull out a great match when needed. DIY are fantastic, and if they decide to break them up Ciampa v Gargano could be one of the best things in all of wrestling for 2017. Roderick Strong is one of best guys on the roster, they just need to give him something interesting to do - he feels like "just a guy" right now. They have Itami and Aries coming back from injury. Both can do great things. Even Almas, who has been abit of a letdown in NXT, has a chance to do great stuff if they let him. I think his character is great now, but they need to not limit his moveset. Also, I still believe they have access to many of the Cruiserweights. There are amazing wrestlers in there - who are underutilized on RAW/205.

I do admit the Women's roster lacks in terms of quality. At the very least Asuka/Ember Moon has a chance to be great if they start to build to that. Kay/Royce are an amazing combo. They are not the best wrestlers, but they are getting there. There characters/friendships is amazing to watch. Crazy Mary Dobson / Sarah Bridges is a good wrestler too, but yet to put in actual work on the show.

I think NXT will be okay. Tonight might not be great, but they have more than enough quality in their ranks to build to a great show down the line.

most accurate assessment of the "NXT is terrible now" stuff going around

ngower

Patrick Clark looks like someone who can do decent work on NXT's midcard. Tommy End is on the way. Getting one or two of the UKCT guys in and figuring out what to do with some old guard like Buddy Murphy et al could be taht much better. TM61 getting injured pretty much ensures Gargano and Ciampa are down there for a while. I'd love to see some main roster guys come down (Breezeango for example).

Nekofrog

Banned
yeah, patrick clark is actually super fun at house shows. dude can go and his character is hilarious. he has an innate kind of charisma and you can tell he wants to succeed

ShadyK54

No sold some hecklers accusing me and my brother of "cutting" when we got dropped off at the drop off point.

Takeover experience off to a good start.

EDIT: Bate!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the fuck at Ember's eyes, is she supposed to be a vampire?

They've got several women waiting in the wings including Heidi Lovelace and Kimber Lee joining recently and Evie and Nixon Newell coming in on April.

ReiGun

the fuck at Ember's eyes, is she supposed to be a vampire?

She's supposed to be a supernatural/mythical warrior.

She's mostly just "girl who wrestles" though.

They've got several women waiting in the wings including Heidi Lovelace and Kimber Lee joining recently and Evie and Nixon Newell coming in on April.
They've also got some homegrown talent. The women's division should start shaping back up this year.

pbayne

lol the red contact lenses. I wish ember moon would cut some goofy vampire promos with those, otherwise it just looks dumb and distracting as fuck.

Rhaknar

lol the red contact lenses. I wish ember moon would cut some goofy vampire promos with those, otherwise it just looks dumb and distracting as fuck.

this. if youre gonna go dumb, go full dumb

Authors of Pain is a fantastic wrestling tag team name btw.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ember clearly just had producers barking in her ear telling her not to predict anybody was going to beat Asuka. My guess is the Aussies are going to walk away with it.

edit: guys, Ember Moons gimmick is werewolf shit, not vampire shit, get your stupid monster shit straight.

Mahonay

Banned
Ember clearly just had producers barking in her ear telling her not to predict anybody was going to beat Asuka. My guess is the Aussies are going to walk away with it.
This was all pre-taped earlier. I don't get why they didn't just reshoot it. Not enough time maybe?

WgYx0l6.gif

ReiGun

I'm still not sure if I love or hate the name "Authors of Pain." It's so dumb, but that's almost the best thing about it.

It's unfortunate they couldn't get the AT&T Center. Freeman Coliseum is old as fuck and garbage. I remember going there 2 decades ago for house shows. It must have been their only choice because that place is tiny and sucks.

Rhaknar

is this the british commentator from the UK tournament btw?

Yeee yeah that was a mouth before brain moment, she's done better before. The answer for the second half should've been Peyton or Billie due to having the advantage or "it doesn't matter because I'm coming after the winner" or something like that. I could see it being someone telling her not to actually predict a winner.

LOL Billie and Peyton back. They're so not winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom