• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYCC 2015 |OT| Spider-Man pulls the 7 train all the way to 34th street from Queens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh, I can't go this year. You guys have fun at Comic Con. I hope I can go the year after, but I might miss it for a couple of years.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I have a question for the New Yorkers here. Are there any good brewpubs within walking distance of the Javits? Or any place I can grab a mixasix and try some of the local craft beer?

I usually leave the convention around 5 on Fridays but stay on the Jersey side and the drive through that part of Jersey at that time is downright horrible so I figure I might as well burn some time by getting beer.

How many blocks from the convention center are you willing to walk?

Jhoan

Anyone know yet how the Hammerstein panels are going to work? Are they going to do wristbands for those too or are they just a line?

And yeah, I'm really excited to see the prints Bottleneck are going to have.
No wristbands, only lines. The Hammerstein has its own system. Wristbands are only for Main Stage and Funko Pop toys (yes, that's new folks). The Funko Pop toys wristbands will be doled out in two sessions; one at 11AM and the other at 2:30PM.

A few changes have been made. There's an info booth at the end of Queue Hall, there's a dedicated Cosplayer Changing Room and Cosplaytality lounge around the corner from that room. Have seen the show floor and Capcom has Street Fighter V set up including tournaments and a chance to meet Yoshinori Ono. Joe Madueriera will be at Artist Alley this year, saw Rob Liefield when at Artist Alley and Amy Reeder and oh yeah, the thirst for NYCC passes is real. Tommorow is gonna one hell of a day going forward. This gonna be good.

Ask me anything and I'll answer once I get home. Saw seductivepancakes so shout out to him for joining the ranks to work this rodeo.

Mdk7

Tomorrow will be my very first day at my very first Comic Con (a media), i'm honestly pretty excited and have no idea on what to expect (i don't even know the place, being from Italy and having never been to the Javits Center). :)

Jhoan

Tomorrow will be my very first day at my very first Comic Con (a media), i'm honestly pretty excited and have no idea on what to expect (i don't even know the place, being from Italy and having never been to the Javits Center). :)

All I have to say is don't spend a single cent on food at the Javits Center because when you see a bottle of water priced at $3.95 when there's water fountains at bathrooms left and right for free, you know the sky is falling. Only a fool with deep pockets would buy food at the Javits Center. Also, the program book is your best friend for anything that you need and please drink plenty of water or else suffer the consequences of dehydration.

I'll be working at the Autographing area in the afternoon all weekend long starting at 2PM(14:00) Thurs-Fri; 1 PM (13:00) Sunday so you can ask me any questions pertaining to that area or anything in general if I'm not too busy. That's me in my avatar except that I'll be wearing black framed glasses all weekend long. Good luck, enjoy the show, and welcome to our lovely, expensive old city.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Ill have time to spare and I really dont mind walking.

There's Twins pub for a very Irish "Cheers" feeling:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/twins-pub-new-york-3

Hudson station is less run down bar and more of a sports bar:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/hudson-station-bar-and-grill-new-york

Pony Bar, what I recommend for you, because they have a ton of craft beer selections:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-pony-bar-new-york

I only listed the first two because they're closer, but ya, Pony bar is what I recommend. Example of their menu on one day

If for whatever reason you don't manage to get a Brooklyn beer they sell single bottles at Seven-Eleven.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Got here 20 minutes ago... Lining up with all the other pros. Maybe it's just me but it seems longer this year.

Penguin

Got here 20 minutes ago... Lining up with all the other pros. Maybe it's just me but it seems longer this year.

Seems like Thurs is becoming just as packed.

Alas, I'll watch from a distance for a few hours

I'll be there during lunch (12:30-2pm) and then after work like 5:15 or so.

What after events is everyone going to?

Jhoan

@Salaadin, I second Pony Bar. Love that place for their ciders and while I've never had it myself, their grilled cheese sandwich is a GAF favorite. It can get a bit cramped in there during happy hour/towards the evening but overall, it's a great bar so I would highly recommend it.

So how do I get a main stage wrist band? Wanna go to the Netflix panel on Saturday.

What time are they handed out?
Go to Queue Hall (1C ) before the show floor opens. There will be two lines: one to get wristbands for panel, another to the right to get into the show floor stay on the right, and follow the signs. Also wristbands for each day get doled out on their respective days, not ahead a time so if you want a wristband for Saturday, get to the Javits around 8AM. Good luck!

As much as I would love to be in the thick of it right this moment, I won't be in until around 1PM because I'll be meeting up to sell a pass to someone. If anyone sees a tall, Hispanic guy with aforementioned thick, black glasses, a black messenger bag and New Balance sneakers, holler Jipan and I'll look around. I might be wearing a black Nike headband from time to time. Most likely will be wearing earphones so will be hard to hear. Seeing pics of a bunch of friends already working and meeting people bums me out a bit but all that changes soon.

Also, I think the LexCorp Wi-Fi should be up by now because it wasn't on yesterday although the Javits Center now has free Wi-Fi that will quickly be overloaded.

I have an extra 3-day since my brother bought his own this year without telling me. Would rather this go to a GAF member before I fish it around on reddit.

edit: SOLD

Salaadin

There's Twins pub for a very Irish "Cheers" feeling:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/twins-pub-new-york-3

Hudson station is less run down bar and more of a sports bar:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/hudson-station-bar-and-grill-new-york

Pony Bar, what I recommend for you, because they have a ton of craft beer selections:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-pony-bar-new-york

I only listed the first two because they're closer, but ya, Pony bar is what I recommend. Example of their menu on one day

If for whatever reason you don't manage to get a Brooklyn beer they sell single bottles at Seven-Eleven.
I appreciate this. Thank you.

Guys, I have tickets for Saturday and I just found out my brother will be in town and he's dying to go. Anyone have a ticket for Saturday for a gaffer at a decent price? :)

Edit: possibly need 3. Anyone have any? :D

Fuck me. I turn my back for a few hours and a ticket gets sold. I thought I wasn't going to be in New York during Comic Con, now I suddenly find out I am, and I have no tickets.

Jhoan

Hell of a day. Shook Danny Glover's hand, Chris Sabat and Sean Schemmel were pretty cool when I was managing their line, got a portable charger from the Lex Corp table near the DC booth, and I ate Chik-Fil-A which is as damn good as people say it is and the lemonade is bananas. Tomorrow I'll be in early to roam the show floor for swag and hunt some stuff before working. The Autographing area was pretty chill but tomorrow and on will be hell to pay.

Penguin

Fuck me. I turn my back for a few hours and a ticket gets sold. I thought I wasn't going to be in New York during Comic Con, now I suddenly find out I am, and I have no tickets.

Any interest in a Friday pass at.. normal price?

Or ANYONE who wants a Friday pass?

Hell of a day. Shook Danny Glover's hand, Chris Sabat and Sean Schemmel were pretty cool when I was managing their line, got a portable charger from the Lex Corp table near the DC booth, and I ate Chik-Fil-A which is as damn good as people say it is and the lemonade is bananas. Tomorrow I'll be in early to roam the show floor for swag and hunt some stuff before working. The Autographing area was pretty chill but tomorrow and on will be hell to pay.

Chik-Fil-A line is so well managed too
And their chicken sandwich!

But told some friends won't eat there again due to their stance on gay rights

On Demand

Banned

Might be weird asking you this but did you see any scalpers? Haha.

Never got a chance to get a ticket. Midtown comics announcing tickets the night BEFORE wasn't any help. :(

Penguin

Might be weird asking you this but did you see any scalpers? Haha.

Never got a chance to get a ticket. Midtown comics announcing tickets the night BEFORE wasn't any help. :(

Whatcha looking at?

I have 2 friends trying to get rid of their 4-day passes (too crowded for them) and I got a spare Friday to sell.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Some pics from Thursday: https://flic.kr/s/aHskmi92So

Wait... they gave out portable chargers?

I want one.

Mdk7

All I have to say is don't spend a single cent on food at the Javits Center because when you see a bottle of water priced at $3.95 when there's water fountains at bathrooms left and right for free, you know the sky is falling. Only a fool with deep pockets would buy food at the Javits Center. Also, the program book is your best friend for anything that you need and please drink plenty of water or else suffer the consequences of dehydration.

I'll be working at the Autographing area in the afternoon all weekend long starting at 2PM(14:00) Thurs-Fri; 1 PM (13:00) Sunday so you can ask me any questions pertaining to that area or anything in general if I'm not too busy. That's me in my avatar except that I'll be wearing black framed glasses all weekend long. Good luck, enjoy the show, and welcome to our lovely, expensive old city.
Thanks buddy!
I love New York, it's my favorite place in the world actually.
As for the show, god there was SO MUCH STUFF i wanted to buy, holy shit.
I'm usually accustomed to E3, which is a lot of amazing fanfare but almost nothing you can actually take home with you, and here it was just tons of crazy awesome goodies pretty much everywhere (and particularly in that "the Block" section full of Pop-Surrealism stuff).
I really enjoyed it, and tomorrow morning i'll be back to finish my tour.
Yay!

toneroni

Can't wait. First time i'm going alone for the day. Figure it'll be fine though. Damn not prepared at all. Is there a marvel unlimited event? Have to find my membership thing. Any must get items or things I should definitely see?

Just glad the 3 day gamification conference I had at Yotel is over. Side note - lots of hot cosplayers are staying here and it's a cool bar to hang at! Happy hour drinks were $4

BlazinAm

Kinda late to be mentioning this but I got two spare Fridays willing to sell, people flaked on me unfortunately.

Edit: Now three, Dm if you want .

Seeing all these cosplayers on the train to and from work I'm getting serious FOMO for not going this year. Aaaaauuuurrrhgghghhhhhh :(

latest

If anyone knows where I can procure some decently priced Saturday passes this kitty wouldn't be so sad :3

Sure hope they got the crowd control going better tomorrow than they did today. That artists alley hallway was a MESS.

Had a fun time though. Got some really nice prints and also had the hero cats artists make a cover with one of my cats on it. Probably not going to be there that long tomorrow as the crowds get a bit nutty on Saturday. The panel for honest trailers was pretty good and might try and check out a few tomorrow if lines aren't that crazy. (they will lol)

MG310

Sure hope they got the crowd control going better tomorrow than they did today. That artists alley hallway was a MESS.

Had a fun time though. Got some really nice prints and also had the hero cats artists make a cover with one of my cats on it. Probably not going to be there that long tomorrow as the crowds get a bit nutty on Saturday. The panel for honest trailers was pretty good and might try and check out a few tomorrow if lines aren't that crazy. (they will lol)

Those Progressive lockers are a great idea in an incredibly bad location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom