• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYPD kill a man after he breaks up a fight between others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dali

I'm not going to PM you, sorry, I prefer to thrash out a problem in plain view. I am going to say that you seem to be taking a weird position. Everyone in the universe agrees that sometimes force needs to be used. But everyone with a modicum of intelligence should see that there are safe ways to do that and unsafe ways to do that. All you have been repeating are semi contradictory statements saying 'force must be used' and 'these police should be punished'. You haven't agreed (as far as I have seen) that some techniques are unsafe and should not be used regardless. I have not seen you acknowledge there are very effective techniques which pose much less risk of harm to the person being subdued.

If that is not correct, apologies.

Ugh.

No id doesn't you ignorant fucks. It means he is exhaling.
Yeah wasn't that the same thing the guy with his family leaving a movie theater said before the cops murdered him in similar fashion?

Somewhat related to this incident, but I'm completely disgusted at the new movie coming out, "We are Cops" or something like that. I know it's a comedy but it fucking embodies and glorifies all the excessive police actions used in incidents such as these. It's disgusting that that movie will easily gross 100mill+

NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio and Police Commissioner Bill Bratton hold press conference on the incident:

http://7online.com/news/mayor-hold-press-conference-on-staten-island-mans-death/199186/

So de Blasio starts out with sympathy and condolences, only to then turn and spend most of his speaking time defending the NYPD starting with this gem:

I want to note something that is true every day in New York City--the men and women of the NYPD are handed an enormous responsibility. The responsibility of keeping us safe, but also the responsibility of making very difficult, split-second decisions in trying circumstances. It is too early to jump to any conclusions about this case--we must wait for all the facts and details of the incident to emerge. But I assure all New Yorkers, there will be a full and thorough investigation.

What fucking hold do cops have on these politicians? A man just got murdered for no reason and the Mayor feels the need to remind us of the commonly used bullshit propaganda line, 'cops have to make split-second decisions'? It's neither the fucking time nor the place for this tired garbage. It's totally inappropriate to take a moment to praise an organization the day after a bunch of their members killed someone in cold blood. The disconnection to the community - and basic human decency - is just shocking.

J10

Banned
So de Blasio starts out with sympathy and condolences, only to then turn and spend most of his speaking time defending the NYPD starting with this gem:

What fucking hold do cops have on these politicians? A man just got murdered for no reason and the Mayor feels the need to remind us of the commonly used bullshit propaganda line, 'cops have to make split-second decisions'? It's neither the fucking time nor the place for this tired garbage. It's totally inappropriate to take a moment to praise an organization the day after a bunch of their members killed someone in cold blood. The disconnection to the community - and basic human decency - is just shocking.

The cops don't have any hold on the politicians. The politicians hate brown people too. They just work together on this shit.

I'm not familiar with the NYPD union but I would imagine they hold a lot of sway and power. This disgraceful bullshit is pretty much the heart of politics...don't piss off the wrong people, especially those who could threaten your reelection bid

But yeah, I agree with you. Its fucking disgusting

What fucking hold do cops have on these politicians?

You have to understand, cops exist to "serve and protect" the ruling class, not the peasants. Cops are not only the control mechanism between the ruling class and the peasant class, but also the protective buffer.

The politicians, as corrupt and lawless as they are nowadays, know their safety depends on fanatical, militarized police forces protecting them from the teeming, still-armed unwashed masses. That's why politicians make excuses for the cops, and pretend not to see how police forces are being converted into domestic armies of occupation who see the American people as the enemy.They actually want it this way.

None of it is an accident or oversight.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

DiBlasio is an unbelievable shit head. How is a "choke hold" a split second decision? You hold chokes down for minutes, which is how someone dies from one. You have 4, 5, 6 officers on ONE guy...you don't think "it's okay, I can let go now, he's out numbered".

My NYPD friends (retired and approaching) have been calling it for the past year, with DiBlasio crime in NYC and NYPD incidents will only increase (and it has dramatically spiked over the past 3 months year over year, especially gun violence). He doesn't care about actually protecting people, he used all of that shit as a ploy to win the election.

You have to understand, cops exist to "serve and protect" the ruling class, not the peasants. Cops are not only the control mechanism between the ruling class and the peasant class, but also the protective buffer.

The politicians, as corrupt and lawless as they are nowadays, know their safety depends on fanatical, militarized police forces protecting them from the teeming, still-armed unwashed masses. That's why politicians make excuses for the cops, and pretend not to see how police forces are being converted into domestic armies of occupation who see the American people as the enemy.They actually want it this way.

None of it is an accident or oversight.

Excellent post. The Mayor actually says, in regards to his promise to reduce police brutality, "conditions have improved on the ground". That phrase stuck out to me, because I have only heard it used in reference to countries occupied by the U.S. military. I think it was a telling slip.

J10

Banned
not just brown people there plenty of whites that have been fucked up by the police.

No, not plenty. Multiple times throughout this thread (and several other threads on the topic) people have sourced evidence to the contrary. White people have been disproportionately unaffected by police harassment and abuse.

commedieu

Banned
mine was sarcasm .__.

6BTSRsO.gif

Chariot

Please, we all know that minorties have it difficult, but that doesn't mean that white people have some ultimate immunity. If you think that, you're disrespectful against all the white people who were victim of similiar things. There is more than skincolor that can give you problems.
Just think homosexuality. You think there is no predjustice against white homosexuals? Please don't give me that "LOL". Take it and tell it the LGBT-community in the face.

TheFatOne

Please, we all know that minorties have it difficult, but that doesn't mean that white people have some ultimate immunity. If you think that, you're disrespectful against all the white people who were victim of similiar things. There is more than skincolor that can give you problems.
Just think homosexuality. You think there is no predjustice against white homosexuals? Please don't give me that "LOL". Take it and tell it the LGBT-community in the face.

It's another bullshit me too argument. The question isn't whether or not white people have been targeted, but why are minorities being targeted at a disproportionate rate. Simply saying me too is a nice convenient way to sweep issues like this under the rug. Also, it's hilarious that you somehow tried to turn this into a gay rights issue. It has absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about now, and it's again another form of the argument me too. You do know that being gay isn't a white exclusive thing right?

MikeDown

Banned
I want to note something that is true every day in New York City--the men and women of the NYPD are handed an enormous responsibility. The responsibility of keeping us safe, but also the responsibility of making very difficult, split-second decisions in trying circumstances. It is too early to jump to any conclusions about this case--we must wait for all the facts and details of the incident to emerge. But I assure all New Yorkers, there will be a full and thorough investigation.

Fuck that guy! Where are the justice brothers when you need em?

1774.jpg
rev-al-sharpton2.jpg

It's another bullshit me too argument. The question isn't whether or not white people have been targeted, but why are minorities being targeted at a disproportionate rate. Simply saying me too is a nice convenient way to sweep issues like this under the rug. Also, it's hilarious that you somehow tried to turn this into a gay rights issue. It has absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about now, and it's again another form of the argument me too. You do know that being gay isn't a white exclusive thing right?

its just a corrupt system thats why mentioned whites being affected by police brutality.

The police is underpowered in Europe and overpowered in the US, so which system is better/ morr effective in fighting crime?

Neither really, since the primary function of police isn't to fight crime, but to control the population on behalf of their masters. In that sense, police serve the same role that a sheep dog does for a shepherd. They exist to maintain and control the herd of sheep, so that they are more easily exploitable for the shepherd.

Modern human societies work much the same way. Police do fight some crime, but it's mostly incidental, and their crime prevention is only aimed at the lower classes (the sheep). That kind of crime can be bad for business and hurt the bottom line of their masters. But they never go after the crimes of the ruling class they work for (the shepherds) because all those crimes are made perfectly legal.

So the question, as asked, can't produce an accurate answer. Heavily armed cops are much better at curbing the crimes of the poor, but will act to better preserve the crimes of the rich.

holy fuck at the responses on that forum.

yeah, one of the commenters called the deceased a "fat fuck"
The officer did what he had to do to get this fat fuck to the ground. I'd like to see the mayor, police commissioner, and community activists handle this situation.....maybe with some kind words or verbal judo. Good luck officers......you're already being thrown under the bus!!

Like really? The people on that site are officers of the law?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
DiBlasio is an unbelievable shit head. How is a "choke hold" a split second decision? You hold chokes down for minutes, which is how someone dies from one. You have 4, 5, 6 officers on ONE guy...you don't think "it's okay, I can let go now, he's out numbered".

My NYPD friends (retired and approaching) have been calling it for the past year, with DiBlasio crime in NYC and NYPD incidents will only increase (and it has dramatically spiked over the past 3 months year over year, especially gun violence). He doesn't care about actually protecting people, he used all of that shit as a ploy to win the election.

Yeah gun violence is getting worse little by little but the NYPD have always been killing black/brown people and getting away with it.

rjinaz

Here's the video after he was murdered. At around the 5:30 mark you see these "good" cops laughing.
http://youtu.be/vT66U_Ftdng

It's hard to tell but are you talking about the cop in green that choked the guy to death? I can see him in the background at around the 5:30 mark and it does seem like he has smile on his face while talking to other officers but it's not a clear video.

What is even more disturbing to me is that he seemingly mock waves at the camera at the 6:58 mark. This guy gives no fucks that he killed a guy on camera. Of course he knows the police will protect him, it's what the family does no matter what.

I can't watch these videos anymore. They are making me both incredibly sad and disgusted at the same time.

Excellent post. The Mayor actually says, in regards to his promise to reduce police brutality, "conditions have improved on the ground". That phrase stuck out to me, because I have only heard it used in reference to countries occupied by the U.S. military. I think it was a telling slip.

Good catch. Sometimes the politicians level with us, though not always intentionally.

For all intents and purposes, the United States is an occupied country. It just hasn't been officially acknowledged or revealed by the multinational banks and corporations who truly run the show. They haven't taken the kid gloves off just yet.

Enzom21

It's hard to tell but are you talking about the cop in green that choked the guy to death? I can see him in the background at around the 5:30 mark and it does seem like he has smile on his face while talking to other officers but it's not a clear video.

What is even more disturbing to me is that he seemingly mock waves at the camera at the 6:58 mark. This guy gives no fucks that he killed a guy on camera. Of course he knows the police will protect him, it's what the family does no matter what.

I can't watch these videos anymore. They are making me both incredibly sad and disgusted at the same time.

No it's at about 5:20, it's the one at the beginning telling people to back up. If you listen closely you can hear someone ask if they are laughing.

MikeDown

Banned
Here's the video after he was murdered. At around the 5:30 mark you see these "good" cops laughing.
http://youtu.be/vT66U_Ftdng
Just watch the girl take his pulse, she knows he is dead at this point and at the same time she is being told to play along as the cops know they are being recorded.

at 6:36 the guys ask "why aren't they doing CPR?" and the cop resonds "he's breathing." Really? all you did was quickly check for a pulse, didn't see anyone there check his ability to breath. lying bsatards

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Just watch the girl take his pulse, she knows he is dead at this point and at the same time she is being told to play along as the cops know they are being recorded.

at 6:36 the guys ask "why aren't they doing CPR?" and the cop resonds "he's breathing." Really? all you did was quickly check for a pulse, didn't see anyone there check his ability to breath. lying bsatards
They know what they are doing otherwise there might be a riot on the street.

bill0527

Yeah I caught that on the video. "He's breathing".

No he wasn't. And every single police officer standing around him knew it.

I seriously wonder if they don't practice this shit behind closed doors. They probably have a secret "how to cover your ass" manual.

The Cowboy

This is something truly shocking, i mean the cops just killed a man for no reason at all and the paramedics are actually helping the officers in covering up what they did - the bloomin paramedics!.

Homosexuals are targeted at a dispropriate rate by police?

Links?

Studies to support this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom