• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYPD kill a man after he breaks up a fight between others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azih

Poorly trained cop on a power trip kills somone.

Their fellow, I guess non poorly trained less prone to power trips, cops go into blue wall of silence shut down mode to protect bastard who killed someone unjustifiably. System goes, huh, ok, no problem, as you were.

Further poorly trained cops on power trips get the message that anything they do is A-OK!

Blue wall of silence can fucking die and these murderous bastards should burn in hell for killing an innocent.

Jeff-DSA

He wasn't even resisting them. He asked not to be touched, but he didn't even struggle when they went all in on him. That takes a lot of control not to lash out and start kicking and swinging when you can't breathe.

I have asthma, and when your air gets cut off, you start thrashing and doing anything you can to get some air. This man managed to contain himself.

This is murder. Straight up. There was no need to take this man down.

mackattk

RIP. I felt bad for him at the start of the video when he was talking about always being harassed. Then the cops doing nothing while he kept saying "I can't breathe". Afterwards someone said that there was something wrong with him. Awful, awful way to die...

wildfire

Banned
To imply that that is indicative of the behavior of most police officers in America is nonsense.
Are most police officers bad people? No.

They are if most of them defend or excuse this behavior. That remains to be seen if that is true, but if cops get more paid leaves and aren't processed through the justice system as a lot of people in these discussions usually like to say then the whole way we train police needs to be overhauled.

Big-E

Sickening behaviour and these cops need to go to jail. He had given up and they still persist. I have said this begore but I think the big reason we see this horrible police behaviour is due to America's gun problem. A lot of police see every single encounter with the public as a life or death situation when there is no reason for it but the fear is there because the perception is everyone is armed in America. These police murders are never going to go away unless there is a cultural chang in America.

justjohn

What I find odd about all this is that there clearly needs to be a massive overhaul of American policing to stop their abuses, yet either the American society doesn't care or no politician is brave enough to even bring this up.

Basically this will keep happening because no one really gives a fuck. This thread will probably will reach 6 pages and die out and by tomorrow we will all have forgotten about it.

Happen to me this, almost exactly the same, but it was three bouncers that were choke holding me and pinning me down, after I got glassed amusingly. It was actually the cops that saved my life.

DC R1D3R

Banned
Basically this will keep happening because no one really gives a fuck. This thread will probably will reach 6 pages and die out and by tomorrow we will all have forgotten about it.

only until the next hu
e
man is murdered for no reason by cops….you'll see!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I don't understand how the NYPD keeps letting this shit happen. DiBlasio and the new Commish haven't done crap to change things around. You don't see these stories in other states as much as you do in NY, or specifically NYC.

American police are scum.

Wonderful sweeping generalization. Go away.

If I fancy a few weeks extra paid time off work on top of my annual holiday allowance, I call my boss and pretend to be sick. If an American cop does, he murders a human being for nothing. Who exactly are your police protecting and serving, Americans? Because it sure as hell isn't the average citizen. You guys have a serious problem on your hands with the militarisation and complete lack of accountability of your police forces. After watching a number of these videos over the last few months I am glad not to live in the States.

Human garbage.

Absolutely disgusting, but not surprising. Bro tried to stick up for himself in a peaceful fashion. I respect that, but I was raised to never, ever question the police or ever try to argue with them lest something like this happen. My dad has had plenty of very, very unpleasant, life threatening experiences with cops despite playing by those rules.

Ugh.

RedStep

If I fancy a few weeks extra paid time off work on top of my annual holiday allowance, I call my boss and pretend to be sick. If an American cop does, he murders a human being for nothing. Who exactly are your police protecting and serving, Americans? Because it sure as hell isn't the average citizen. You guys have a serious problem on your hands with the militarisation and complete lack of accountability of your police forces. After watching a number of these videos over the last few months I am glad not to live in the States.

Thanks for that stunning insight.

Instro

What I find odd about all this is that there clearly needs to be a massive overhaul of American policing to stop their abuses, yet either the American society doesn't care or no politician is brave enough to even bring this up.

I don't think the entire system needs an overhaul, but on a city by city basis changes need to be made where this activity is prevalent. I mean it seems to me that the overwhelming majority of these incidents are in the larger urban forces like the NYPD, so that's where our efforts need to be focused. Obviously these would also be the areas with the highest crime and gang activity levels, which is probably part of the reason the police in these areas are so aggressive and are so well protected from repercussions, but pushing for reforms there would cut down on these problems big time.

rtcn63

gotta walk real cautious in the NYC.

hoodie.gif

geomon

I thought chokeholds were prohibited by the NYPD since the 90's when they were killing a whole bunch of folks using it.

Aim_Ed

Not how I wanted to start my fucking day, I try my best not to hate cops but stories like this scare the living hell out of me.

RIP

Thanks for that stunning insight.

Thanks for your useless, utterly pointless shitpost. I wonder why cretins like yourself even bother sometimes. Did you expect a round of internet high fives or something for your searing sarcasm? You obviously disagreed with some aspect of my post, why not address that with me instead you idiot.

abadguy

Banned

Basically people tend not to give a shit about things until it begins to effect them. This is for the most part happening in poor neighborhoods to minorities, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread the cops are seen as cleaning up "crime ridden" areas and the innocent ones that get caught up in it are seen as nothing more than collateral.

I saw this attitude back when Giuliani was in office and Diallo was shot 41 times ( oh and congrats to the NYPD for breaking that record with Sean Bell, nice work guys!) reading the section of the newspaper were people send in comments was pretty infuriating.

So many tirades about how police are facing such dangers every day and we should all be thankful for them, or people using strawman arguments directed at the protesters. You know " i'd like to see what these people would do if their were no police to protect us from the criminal hordes" because we just would like to be treated fairly, has nothing to do with police gunning a man down for a wallet and getting off with barely s slap on the wrist. Nah we just want all the police off the street so we can go on robbing sprees unmolested by the law. One thing i remember seeing pop up in a lot of these posts were people saying "Diallo's death was unfortunate, but..."

Me losing 20 bucks is "unfortunate", a man was basically gunned down here it's not a trivial thing! That kind of attitude is why nothing is done about this shit.

They probably just thought he was resisting arrest.

Not sure how they would think that considering he put up no fight.

Funny and sad at the same time.

What I wouldn't give for a good old fashioned internet witchhunt culminating in names, addresses, phone numbers, and all sorts of other personal details plastered all over the internet to be manipulated at our leisure

Fuck the lives of these people irreparably until they are depressed struggling husks of the fucking husks of human beings they already were to begin with

Fuck their families, and friends too

Fucking examples should be made

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Ohhhh I love sensationalist postings like this. Give us another!

What I wouldn't give for a good old fashioned internet witchhunt culminating in names, addresses, phone numbers, and all sorts of other personal details plastered all over the internet to be manipulated at our leisure

Fuck the lives of these people irreparably until they are depressed struggling husks of the fucking husks of human beings they already were to begin with

Fuck their families, and friends too

Fucking examples should be made

This type of thing helps absolutely nobody.

Thanks for your useless, utterly pointless shitpost. I wonder why cretins like yourself even bother sometimes. Did you expect a round of internet high fives or something for your searing sarcasm? You obviously disagreed with some aspect of my post, why not address that with me instead you idiot.

And neither does this.

Anung

Un Rama
To imply that that is indicative of the behavior of most police officers in America is nonsense.

Are some police officers bad people? Sure.
Are most police officers bad people? No.

Consider we get threads like this every other week kind of highlights the contrary.

I shouldn't have watched that video. Wow. The guy was scared, pleading, and didn't even put up a fight. They literally slaughtered this man in cold blood, like an animal.

You've got to be a real twisted, vile piece of shit to ignore those cries. These shitstains don't have an ounce of humanity in them. And they wonder why the NYPD is the poster child of police brutality.

Aim_Ed

They probably just thought he was resisting arrest.

Put your life on the line for 5 seconds and let the vicious beast breathe, if he doesn't then you and your hounds can dogpile him again in the name of justice. These cops are severely incompetent and it infuriates me.

Lord Phol

There are very few things in life that makes my blood boil as much as people abusing power, especially when the abusers are patted on the shoulder instead of thrown into cells where they belong. There is really no reason why these "officers of the law" shouldn't be judged like everyone else, but I'm not going to be suprised if they walk away free.

One of my biggest fears is being framed or wrongfully accused by authorities, I don't think I'd be able to handle it. Probably snap and end up going postal or something. If it ever happend to any of my loved ones I'd have no problems forfeiting my own life just to get revenge.

At least this made me chuckle.

LAPD and NYPD are probably the worst offenders of this kind of shit. I've never delt with ny cops at all but the family I have in the city has nothing but bad shit to say about them. Sadly enough I have nothing good to say about LA cops either.

studyguy

A friend of mine during college once tried to break up a fight between two guys and ended up getting punched out by one of them as he interfered, somehow he ended up getting part of the blame for the incident when campus police broke it up too. Took some explaining before they considered letting him go. I'm all for being a good samaritan, but it doesn't always work out unfortunately. This story is all kinds of fucked up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom