• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami for PS4/XB1/PC confirmed - Dec 21, supports 4K

Willenium

Stealth beg port for Okamiden at a later date, since I've never played it. It's probably bad though, right?

I could get into this.

I've already bought Okami twice and Okami HD once so I think I'll be passing on that, but Okamiden on 3DS would be very cool

sphinx

the piano man
mmhh yet another chance to try Okami....

I bought it for Wii, started I found the initial 30 minute long wall of texts insufferable, I gave the copy to a friend. I wonder if I should give it another chance.

if I can skip texts, that would really make a difference

Will there be a physical edition? I've always been on the cusp of importing the Japanese version on PS3 but if this is boxed I'll just wait.

D.Lo

I have the Japanese PS3 retail disc. That will do, forever.

These Campcom ports of every game to every new generation are getting pretty old to be honest.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member

These Campcom ports of every game to every new generation are getting pretty old to be honest.

They must continue until everything is on PC. Then they can stop.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
mmhh yet another chance to try Okami....

I bought it for Wii, started I found the initial 30 minute long wall of texts insufferable, I gave the copy to a friend. I wonder if I should give it another chance.

if I can skip texts, that would really make a difference

Be warned that the game can become repetitive and samey, walls of text notwithstanding. Anihawk once made a great joke that Okami 1 is fine but then you start Okami 2 and 3 and it feels like more of the same :p.

I'm going to stick with the PS3 version, as I didn't get round to finishing it, but I don't want to drop my progress halfway through to play through it again.

I also enjoyed the Move stuff, which I'm guessing this won't have.

Still, people should jump on this if they've never played it.

KingBroly

Banned

It's all they really know how to do anymore.

At some point it's going to become like the Genesis Collection.

$20 for every old title in a compilation.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Erm no...great games being available on current-gen systems and OC will never get "old".

Your post doesnt make any sense. Unless you think because you already own a version no one else should be able to get a current-gen version....which would also be weird lol. Thats like complaining about classic Disney or Ghibli movies being released on BluRay again.

MrCarter

Capcom are really hitting it out of the park with the Resi, Dragon's Dogma and Okami ports lately and not to mention the remakes of the Resident Evil originals. Keep it up.

Shame it won't be on Switch - using its screen to use the celestial brush would be fan-fucking-tastic.

Have the platforms been confirmed, outside of the Korean ratings leak?

Nintendo still hasn't released the Switch in Korea. Heck, I believe they never even released the Wii U.

D.Lo

Erm no...great games being available on current-gen systems and OC will never get "old".

Your post doesnt make any sense. Unless you think because you already own a version no one else should be able to get a current-gen version....which would also be weird lol. Thats like complaining about classic Disney or Ghibli movies being released on BluRay again.
Is every good game ever made deserving of a port to every system ever then? Great games should have more audience, right?

No, this (and all the Resident Evil ports etc) is simply Capmcom out of ideas and throwing everything cheap and nasty at the wall to see what sticks.

It's all they really know how to do anymore.

At some point it's going to become like the Genesis Collection.

$20 for every old title in a compilation.
Yep.

Top Bottom