• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami for PS4/XB1/PC confirmed - Dec 21, supports 4K

Stygr

Banned
Is every good game ever made deserving of a port to every system ever then? Great games should have more audience, right?

No, this (and all the Resident Evil ports etc) is simply Capmcom out of ideas and throwing everything cheap and nasty at the wall to see what sticks.

Yep.

I mean, we got RE7 early this year from Capcom, MvCI by the end of the year, MHW early next year and the new Itsuno game, they still have "ideas" and developing games, so why are angry at these ports?

aadiboy

Capcom are really hitting it out of the park with the Resi, Dragon's Dogma and Okami ports lately and not to mention the remakes of the Resident Evil originals. Keep it up.
I mean, it's not really praiseworthy, that's what they've been doing for a while now. They're going to be porting all of these games to next gen as well anyway, so it's not like this is unprecedented.

Intel_89

Will certainly double dip for a PS4 physical release. While I'm not as big of a fan of Okami as many here it certainly is a good game and one that I'd like to play through once again.

D.Lo

I mean, we got RE7 early this year from Capcom, MvCI by the end of the year, MHW early next year and the new Itsuno game, they still have "ideas" and developing games, so why are angry at these ports?
These ports are literally happening because those games were/will likely be strategic blunders. RE7, while high quality, has had a huge drop off for the series, MVC is looking like a mess and MHW has gambled against consistent Japanese portable sales for a chance at a piece of the western GAAS pie.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is every good game ever made deserving of a port to every system ever then? Great games should have more audience, right?

No, this (and all the Resident Evil ports etc) is simply Capmcom out of ideas and throwing everything cheap and nasty at the wall to see what sticks.

You are assuming that these ports prevent them from developing new games which couldnt be further from the truth...be happy that they have additional income resources between the big new mainline releases to justify AAA development in the first place.

Esp. since we just got a new mainline RE this year...with new DLC upcoming and Re2make already in the works. Well lets just agree to disagree...getting angry about a fan favorite and classic being playable for new gamers/new audiences is just weird to me.

These ports are literally happening because those games were/will likely be strategic blunders. RE7, while high quality, has had a huge drop off for the series, MVC is looking like a mess and MHW has gambled against consistent Japanese portable sales for a chance at a piece of the western GAAS pie.

What are you talking about ? MHXX for the 3DS/Switch came out this year..that is a portable game and they will have portable games, likely on Switch, in the future as well.

MrCarter

I mean, all of the Resi Evil ports on PS4 have sold extremely well for games released in the previous generations so they must be doing something right. I expect Dragon's Dogma and Okami to do well too. I'm also glad people will be able to play a fantastic game that they missed out on.

Sentenza

Arbitrary framerate support and improvements on the object pop-in for the PC version and I may consider buying it again.

MrCarter

It seems like (with some people) if Capcom doesn't release a dozen new games every year they are deemed ambitionless.

It describes using 4x MSAA, which is hardly unique for PS3 games. Nobody calls that 4k despite using a 4k sized buffer.

Yeah, I think the confusion comes from this:
2012-11-01.png

And them referring to 4k resolution.

It's a fantastic game, finished it on the PS3 in January. I wouldn't get it again to play so soon but if people haven't played it I recommend it for sure.

I don't dislike all these remasters/remakes but I sure as shit hope that the PS5 is actually properly backwards compatible.

I understand why the PS4 couldn't be, something about the cell processor but with the PS4's architecture I wouldn't assume it would be too hard next time, right?

Shin

Banned
I'm pretty sure "HD" is supposed to be HDR since the game is already HD on PS3 and 4K is listed as well.

nny

This is on my "shame" part of my backlog: Bought it for PS2, have also access to the PS3 version (through PS+)...and now...maybe I'll finally play it on the PS4. ;P

Sesha

Happy to finally own this on PC. Now, God Hand, Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7, Street Fighter Alpha 1-3, Third Strike, CvS2, Maximo 1+2, Haunting Ground and DMC1 pls.

Yep.

Yes, they are.

No, they aren't throwing stuff at the wall. Remasters are making money for them, and are a way for them to fund the development of new titles. Expect more ports and remasters from everyone. Neither are the all ports cheap. DmC DE, DMC4SE, RE HD and RE 0 HD for instance.

This is quite depressing. Waiting for new games.

Dead Rising 4 in December '16/March/December '17, RE7 in January, Monster Hunter Stories and MvC: Infinite in September, MH: World in early 2018. There you go. New games.

Of course but I don't mind ports of great games at the same time. There's rumours of a new DmC game too so we'll see.

DMC.

Cool! The Wii version is one of my favourite games of all-time. With this release, I hope that more people will be able to enjoy this great game. Kind of disappointed that there's no word of a Switch version, but that's the way she goes!

Anteater

yo i really hope it's gonna be 60fps or uncapped, i played it on ps+ on a ps3 so i don't own that version, so either way i'm gonna buy it

and i was hoping it'd be released sooner

YES! Even in a limited edition.

December 2017 in Japan? Mhhhhh somehow it's hard to believe that we get it at the same time, more like December 2018 but on the other hand, maybe it has every language on it just like the PS3 Asia disc, in that way we maybe could get a limited edition with English, or German language on board that will never release here because we only get a standard version again.

Time to import.

Macka

In before Switch port begging
It really should get put on Switch. It's a great fit for the system, and great timing too as lots of people would be hungering for another Zelda-like experience.

Edit: Plus the Wii version sold more than any other version.

Top Bottom