• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami for PS4/XB1/PC confirmed - Dec 21, supports 4K

Mathieran

Banned
Nice. I love the controls on the Wii version but the IQ is so bad it can be hard to enjoy sometimes. I'll be sure to pick this up at some point.

Vitor711

Hot damn! That's great news. I would love to play it on Switch, but PS4 will do for now.

Same - the fact that this game which has heavy drawing elements never made it to touch-screen enabled device (outside of that DS sem-sequel) is a tragedy. It's born for the Switch. I'll get the PC port anyway as mouse control will also be ace but, come on Capcom, this would make SO MUCH MONEY on Nintendo's portable.

Zedox

Glad Ill be able to finally play this. My PS3 broke before the game came out. It shall be apart of my digital library.

The paper like graphics filter was way better on the PS2 version compared to the almost non existent Wii version and even the high setting HD version.

A lot of the original assets were apparently lost after the game was originally created so they had to rebuild certain aspects from scratch and the filter was something devs management to never quite replicate.

w3bba

The ending credit better be Reset vocal version.

Don't fuck this up.

never gonna happen. I don't think Capcom will ever buy the rights for that song again. which is sad, because it's one of the best credits themes ever.

that said: day 0 mod for PC Version practically confirmed.

5olid_5nake

Great news, a few improvments that I want are faster loading times, skipable intro (please), uncap resolution+framerate and for the love of God, Reset at the end. But I suppose that will be fixable on pc with mods.

I'm getting this. Hopefully the OG Xbox One version is 4K. Shouldn't be a problem IMO since the PS3 version was already 1080p/60FPS.

Malio

Now seriously. Who REALLY is going to dump another 40-50 hours into this having played it already? It's a great game, but goddamn is it long.

But it won't be 4K on the Switch!

#sickburn.gif

image.php

mrmickfran

Now seriously. Who REALLY is going to dump another 40-50 hours into this having played it already? It's a great game, but goddamn is it long.
*Raises hand*

I was craving another playthrough on PS2 but since this is coming, I think I'll just wait.

And my playthroughs were 30-35 hours.

Boy, is this game getting a lot of re-releases. Keep trying to make your money back Capcom.

If there's a Ridley Scott-esque director's cut that whittles the length down to about 10 hours of good pacing and cuts out the 20 hours of flab then I'd be tempted to try the game out again.

maxcriden

I'm not a fan of the begging either, but I figured this would've been on Switch before Xbox.

Same, given it was previously on Wii and I think sold alright there from the last reports I was able to find. Plus, as a Zelda-like I would expect it to have a big audience there, and also since Platinum has cultivated an audience amongst Nintendo console owners. With that said, I don't expect it to come to Switch given the lack of its inclusion amongst platforms listed in the leaked ratings info.

duckroll

YES! Even in a limited edition.

December 2017 in Japan? Mhhhhh somehow it's hard to believe that we get it at the same time, more like December 2018 but on the other hand, maybe it has every language on it just like the PS3 Asia disc, in that way we maybe could get a limited edition with English, or German language on board that will never release here because we only get a standard version again.

Time to import.

It's coming to PC on the same date, will almost certainly be worldwide.

Boy, is this game getting a lot of re-releases. Keep trying to make your money back Capcom.

If there's a Ridley Scott-esque director's cut that whittles the length down to about 10 hours of good pacing and cuts out the 20 hours of flab then I'd be tempted to try the game out again.

It needed a definitive version that wont be lost to time.

I really hope for 60 FPS at least.

I hope so too. I guess it may be 30fps on consoles and 60 on PC. Or 60 everywhere and wasn't said.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Capcom sure does give Okami a lot of chances compared to like every other cult classic they have

Hilarious when you consider it not setting the world on fire is what kickstarted Kamiya and co losing autonomy and ultimately having to leave and start up on their own.

Top Bottom