• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slime

Banned
That video's probably fake, but if you reverse the audio that music is the "lalala" singing from Peace Walker. Cute.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
For the record, I'm on #teamcg not sure if i'm ready to be a member of full-blown #teamconspiracytheory
Hey, if anyone were capable, it would be Kojima.

GavinGT

Banned
If they were capable of producing such footage, then why didn't they blow everyone away with it at the VGAs when they had the entire world's attention?

I can't believe some of you guys are falling for this. It's like you actively want to be trolled by /v/.

Sorian

Banned
If they were capable of producing such images, then why didn't they blow everyone away with it at the VGAs when they had the entire world's attention?

I can't believe some of you guys are falling for this. It's like you want to aid /v/ in their trolling efforts.

Remember all those Moby Dick devs that were hanging out in Kojima's area? All CG.

Edit: "CG so real, it can shake your hand."

Toparaman

Banned

Ah, thought I could fool you. Actually, I've realized that if you only focus on the facial animation, then you can tell it's CG (pre-1:30, of course). It's the non-CG body (including the head) that makes it harder to distinguish.

So I take back what I said. At least in 2008, we were still in Uncanny Valley territory. I'm guessing we still are.

If they were capable of producing such footage, then why didn't they blow everyone away with it at the VGAs when they had the entire world's attention?

I can't believe some of you guys are falling for this. It's like you actively want to be trolled by /v/.

VGAs aren't the place for tech demos. And Phantom Pain was probably running on something similar to PS3 specs. The full capability of Fox Engine can't be shown on a PS3 (I would presume).

Also, I don't think it's completely out of the question that Joakim is CG. It's just really unlikely. But CG is undeniably really really good these days. Have you seen the tiger in Life of Pi? It's close to photo-real. Not quite, but close. However, Joakim IS photo-real. That's the difference.

Kyoufu

If they were capable of producing such images, then why didn't they blow everyone away with it at the VGAs when they had the entire world's attention?

It may not have been ready to show at the VGAs or they weren't ready to get the hype train started.

GDC -> E3 -> Gamescom > TGS is a good schedule for a constantly running hype train.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
People are confusing his weird face and terribly and purposefully bad acting with something that's not real lol. Just cos he looks weird doesn't mean he's animated. many people in real life look and act just as weird.

:lol

Man, this guy is gonna have some serious image issues when this is all said and done. Shame on you, Team CG.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Is it possible that this Project Omega thingy is related to Psycho Mantis? After reading the Watergate Theory this could fit into the timeline (Mantis was born in 1972). Maybe some kind of failed nanomachines experiment? If Ground Zeroes & Phantom Pain are the same game, we probably get to see how Psycho Mantis joined FOXHOUND. Remember this floating kid scene from the PP trailer:

The-Phantom-Pain-Metal-Gear-Solid-5-Psycho-Mantis-2.jpg

phantom-pain-psycho1.jpg

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Åesop;50393292 said:
Is it possible that this Project Omega thingy is related to Psycho Mantis? After reading the Watergate Theory this could fit into the timeline (Mantis was born in 1972). Maybe some kind of failed nanomachines experiment? If Ground Zeroes & Phantom Pain are the same game, we probably get to see how Psycho Mantis joined FOXHOUND. Remember this floating kid scene from the PP trailer:

http://metalarcade.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/The-Phantom-Pain-Metal-Gear-Solid-5-Psycho-Mantis-2.jpg[/IMG ]

[IMG]http://static.eclypsia.com/public/upload/cke/Articles/Jeux-video/PhantomPainMGS/phantom-pain-psycho1.jpg[/IMG ][/QUOTE]

Nanomachines in the '70s? Isn't that a bit of stretching, even for Kojima?

Every new interview with video game developers involved in realistic graphics from now on must be scrutinised in the same way and have a thread created each time, it's only fair.

Toparaman

Banned
I feel like this video is fake. But at the same time, the video is not something that would pop-up on a game studios website to begin with. This video is not a showcase of their next game "The Phantom Pain", so it doesn't make sense for it to be posted to an "official" source anyways. While I feel it is most likely fan-made, its not unreasonable to think otherwise.

Still, anyone know what that room is that is shown in the video? creepy looking place.

It look like some sort of genetics lab. It reminds me of this scene in the original MGS:
http://youtu.be/x-vv5j1HRbE?t=8m55s

Could it be related to Les Enfants Terribles (i.e. the cloning of Big Boss's DNA to create Liquid and Snake)? That happened in the '70s, the same time period where Ground Zeroes takes place.

Why would they show that level of CG quality when they can't use it in games?

Why not?

Look they are demonstrating new technology or at least new or refined techniques.

Why show the trailer for FF13 when it isn't going to be real? Why show Kinect tracking people accurately when it doesn't? Why the about a billion bullshots of games that have been released over the years? Same reason.

It is because people like to show off cool looking stuff. Maybe it'll be used in movies, maybe it isn't practical enough to be used in anything at all.

But just maybe the GDC conference will get people thinking and talking and maybe even investing in Konami to see what else they can do. That is why it is cool and that is why people show things even if they are not "real".

We tend to not do new threads for "news" from unofficial sources. As far as we are concerned at the moment, that is a fan-made video.

I already said that in my previous post. All I'm saying is that for those people that believe it's real wouldn't it be better to create a new thread to discuss it? Burried here it neither serves them or those of us coming for the TeamCG vs TeamReal debate.

Top Bottom