• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.
This has probably been brought up before, but for the first part of the interview the footage of Joakim seems to be all one shot. He doesn't move at all between the cuts to Jeff. It's all seamless. And the bits where it isn't a seamless transition are the bits where they play game footage over him, otherwise the whole thing might just have been one shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03lMgYsv0fM

I know this only points to it being recorded in an odd way and being scripted, but still.
100% real. My eyes never fail me.

Alastor3

I would add a new point.

Normally, the bandages on the face are used to hide something that will be shown. This happens in the movies or books. This occurs after an operation. It seems the right choice to give mystery some before discover a face, no?

Watching carefully the video there is much perfection as to be cgi (wrinkles of the eyelids, lips wrinkles) but I still think there is something more than just an actor with his face covered. The eyes are more time closed than open, for the few seconds we see the face, the character makes each and every one of the typical difficult movement to achieve in a cgi, trembling eyes behind the eyelids, lips that hook, eyebrow movement end ... too coincidental, no?

THAT MADE COMPLETELY SENSE!!!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
solid snake is forced to undergo Big Boss VR missions. Bwaaaaaah

Copenap

QiBRRhl.png

The fact that there is even some doubt about its realness makes it more likely that it's a render IMO. Also, it's way more fun if our team wins. :D

But there is no doubt he is real, only by some crazy people...

Keslord

Banned
solid snake is forced to undergo Big Boss VR missions. Bwaaaaaah

Maybe it's another bait and switch. Solid Snake is having night terrors because his DNA host the memories of Big Boss still. Halfway through the game, you wake up and play as Solid Snake going through the world with Otacon, destroying Metal Gears in Philanthropy?

R-User!

Joakim twittered just a few minutes ago this video on gametrailers.com.
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/e6yx6n/tf-xxi-tewt-0001--phantom-pain-mme

Any ideas?

My ideas are, "is that 'morse code'?!".....

Someone on GAF get on cracking that morse code!

"Is this the Patriot AI being assembled!!!"

Someone on GAF verify!!!

And as far as weighing in on Real or CG?.....

I vote for TeamCG (for fun) because it seems like the whole point of this viral advertising campaign since those first pics showing the difference between a real room and a CG room were put out by Kojima/Konami showing off the Fox Engine, everything released since is trying to manipulate us into thinking that something CG could be real; and that concept could have something to do with the plot/narrative of MGS5/Phantom Pain.

Or not, lol!

ADPolice

Neo Member
As much as I would love to believe this is all some elaborate promo and his head is actually 3d and that the facial capture and performance is some of the best ever produced and some greater genius is at work here...

...Occam's razor still says no.

Sweeney-Todd-movie-03.jpg

Sorian

Banned
As much as I would love to believe this is all some elaborate promo and his head is actually 3d and that the facial capture and performance is some of the best ever produced and some greater genius is at work here...

I don't understand, that's a picture of Todd's razor......

:D

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Kojima is not in for the simplistic, he likes complexity. Can we really apply Occam's Razor here?

ADPolice

Neo Member
Kojima is not in for the simplistic, he likes complexity. Can we really apply Occam's Razor here?

In a world where CG is beginning to make people doubt their own eyes, its the only device left to apply to make sense

MaLDo

Åesop;50388897 said:
I had problems embedding this video from gametrailers on forums, so i uploaded a Youtube version.. DetectiveGAF do your work :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH0djYwUzBU

Work is did in previous page

PROJECT OMEGA

AT MATRIX SECTOR -----

VR PROGRAM PHANTOM_PAINMME

CONTRACTOR: MOBY DICK STUDIOS

SUBJECT: REDACTED

PURPOSE:
---------------------------

G E N E R A T I N G I M A G E H O L D S C E N A R I O L O A D I N G H O L D A C T I V A T I N G P H A N T O M P A I N D O T M E M E H O L D E R R O R E R R O R E R R O R E R R O R

phantompain.jpg

Camp_Omega_sign.jpg

Zakard

Everything beside the "real" interview and the official trailer is fake right now. So why not have a little fun and analyze these "fake" teasers. I dont see any problem.

Official? Joakim is a fake person CEO of a fake company. Are you serious?

I think it means that there are a lots of "fake" accounts in twitter and everywhere. The only official account the real fake company use is a youtube account.

Also is not to elaborate for a fan made video? lol

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Even IF IT IS real, Kojima is inside enough people's head on this forum to make them doubt REALITY. They see photorealistic footage and question its integrity? That's awesome. #TeamKojima

Can we keep tweets, videos and shit from those fake twitter accounts we've known for months out of this thread?

Even if legit (they are not) they have nothing to do with this thread. So create a new one?

MaLDo

Can we keep tweets, videos and shit from those fake twitter accounts we've known for months out of this thread?

Even if legit (they are not) they have nothing to do with this thread. So create a new one?

If hidden message is "VR PROGRAM PHANTOM_PAIN" then is directly about if Joakim is a CG, right?

Sorian

Banned
I think at this point it would be more of a mind fuck if we find out that Moby Dick is a real studio, this isn't MGS, and thse bandages were really just from an injury and he is all healed up and bandageless at GDC.

medze

I feel like this video is fake. But at the same time, the video is not something that would pop-up on a game studios website to begin with. This video is not a showcase of their next game "The Phantom Pain", so it doesn't make sense for it to be posted to an "official" source anyways. While I feel it is most likely fan-made, its not unreasonable to think otherwise.

Still, anyone know what that room is that is shown in the video? creepy looking place.

Top Bottom