• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sorian

Banned
I already said that in my previous post. All I'm saying is that for those people that believe it's real wouldn't it be better to create a new thread to discuss it? Burried here it neither serves them or those of us coming for the TeamCG vs TeamReal debate.

It's not like the debate has gone anywhere productive in the past 10 pages anyway :p

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
iKHD1ClLyq80l.gif

You want to get nuts? COME ON! LETS GET NUTS!

31QwmH4.png

iiftdqgnazt5dpckqe.gif

31QwmH4.png

Sorian

Banned
the bandages look incredibly cgi to me, whereas the lips and eyes look rather real to me. hmmm

im on team cgi, i guess!

Haha there's a new one

"Dude's real, we didn't have any bandages laying around tho so we just got the CG team in here real quick to make it look authentic"

Sorian

Banned
Time to go deeper? Time to go deeper!

What if the whole world, me, you, your friends, family were all CG and Joakim is actually the only real person?

Jac_Solar

He breathed in, his lungs expanded, his chest...

Lunacy happening in this thread.

Yeah. I said it moved very fluidly compared to the rest of the motions, which made it look slightly odd. I didn't say it moved for no reason. I also said that it doesn't necessarily mean that it's CG. It was the only thing that appeared off to me, but it could simply be due to the compression, framerate, etc.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
My ideas are, "is that 'morse code'?!".....

Someone on GAF get on cracking that morse code!

"Is this the Patriot AI being assembled!!!"

Someone on GAF verify!!!

And as far as weighing in on Real or CG?.....

I vote for TeamCG (for fun) because it seems like the whole point of this viral advertising campaign since those first pics showing the difference between a real room and a CG room were put out by Kojima/Konami showing off the Fox Engine, everything released since is trying to manipulate us into thinking that something CG could be real; and that concept could have something to do with the plot/narrative of MGS5/Phantom Pain.

Or not, lol!

Also, Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain trailers both feature hints at them being VR simulations of past events.

Maybe this game is set when Big Boss was plugged to the John Doe AI. You relive his memories.

Salsa

The video game entertainment business is worth more than the book, music and movie industry combined. There is 3 games every second being sold.
Hollywood is old news.

its 35 pages later but i'll still respond:

that's not my point. My point is that the top CG production companies work on Hollywood. ILM shits on any videogame. They get more money to work with.

Clearly a fake pic. Notice how the shower curtain rod is not along the edge of the tub, but about 8 - 10 in towards the wall? No one would hang it like that, it makes the shower too narrow for no reason at. Must not have been locked in place and moved along the Y axis while it was compiled.

Idiots...

Also, Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain trailers both feature hints at them being VR simulations of past events.

Maybe this game is set when Big Boss was plugged to the John Doe AI. You relive his memories.

What makes you think this ? I didn't see anything suggesting anything like that.

Rubius

its 35 pages later but i'll still respond:

that's not my point. My point is that the top CG production companies work on Hollywood. ILM shits on any videogame. They get more money to work with.

I thought that you were saying that video games didnt have the "power" of hollywood. They do. Hell, look at Ellen Page Simulator, that's pretty freaking good for 2013.
iHPSqU839KOvt.gif

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
What makes you think this ? I didn't see anything suggesting anything like that.

Argh I don't feel like going over the clips and timestamping everything again but basically:

1- Every time the camera or Snake stares at a bright light, there is a hissing sound heard. This happens in both trailers.
2- When Snake or the camera looks at advanced technology, the screen starts to fade out and "lens-flares"-like effects appear that are unrelated to what is happening on screen. This happens in the GZ trailer.

Basically, the patient is in coma/reliving memories in Virtual Reality, and when his eyes are exposed to bright lights in the memories or when he sees advanced technology, it triggers a waking-up effect until he stops staring, probably a side-effect from his brain starting to "remember" that what he is seeing is fake when exposed to things that are similar to what is around him in the real world (advanced technology and bright laboratory lights above his table).

A bit like how you wake up if you die when you are dreaming, because surely you couldn't be dying for real.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I thought that you were saying that video games didnt have the "power" of hollywood. They do. Hell, look at Ellen Page Simulator, that's pretty freaking good for 2013.
iHPSqU839KOvt.gif

Are you saying Beyond's graphics are compareable with the interview?

Eh, that one looks fake right away though, at least to me. Yesterday I was in FutureShop and they were playing a clip from 'The Last of Us' on all their TV's, and even when I first noticed it out of the corner of my eye I was wondering what cartoon or game it was. Bandage guy is way better.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Are you saying Beyond's graphics are compareable with the interview?

If the Fox engine is being developed on PC, basically without technical constraints first (as it should be done in a forward-thinking dev studio), then they can certainly do better. Kojima and Co have ALWAYS been obsessed with details. Look at MGS2 and how the fricking icecubes in the buckets you could shoot would melt slower if they fell close to one another! Imagine with unconstrained tech. Wouldn't surprise me that this crazy attention to detail is what allowed them to make CGI Joakim.

This is something Kojima couldn't have had the chance to do until a major shift in development philosophies which seems to have taken place recently for his team, deciding to focus on technological advancements and realism in the spirit seen in some Western studios. I have no doubt he and his team could do better. They've always had the potential to do it.

LeleSocho

Banned
Work is did in previous page

PROJECT OMEGA

AT MATRIX SECTOR -----

VR PROGRAM PHANTOM_PAINMME

CONTRACTOR: MOBY DICK STUDIOS

SUBJECT: REDACTED

PURPOSE:
---------------------------

G E N E R A T I N G I M A G E H O L D S C E N A R I O L O A D I N G H O L D A C T I V A T I N G P H A N T O M P A I N D O T M E M E H O L D E R R O R E R R O R E R R O R E R R O R
AI MATRIX: SECTOR 07-A942

VR PROGRAM. "PHANTOM_PAIN.MME"

PURPOSE:
TREATMENT OF NEUROLOGICAL DAMAGE SUSTAINED IN COMBAT
TREATMENT OF COMBAT-RELATED PSYCHOLOGICAL STRESS
????????? OF COMBAT ABILITY FOLLOWING IMPAIRMENT
IMPLEMENTATION OF ?????????

A1qrDlE.png

aka: all the game might be a VR mission...

Sorian

Banned
Eh, that one looks fake right away though, at least to me. Yesterday I was in FutureShop and they were playing a clip from 'The Last of Us' on all their TV's, and even when I first noticed it out of the corner of my eye I was wondering what cartoon or game it was. Bandage guy is way better.

If I met Bandage guy in a bar, I'd buy him a drink.

Salsa

I'm saying that this is 2012 images. Maybe they new stuff for the lips and eyes. I'm far from saying its real, I'm saying that its possible. Technology move faster and faster.

As good as Ellen Page looks there, you're never gonna see a character like that standing next to a real human being on a movie.

I mean its easy, just see what Hulk looks like on The Avengers and what Hulk could look like on a videogame (not talking engine btw, just pre-rendered CG). Videogames just dont invest the expenses to pull that off. Movie CG is where CG thrives, specially when it comes to photorealism.

I mean its easy, just see what Hulk looks like on The Avengers and what Hulk could look like on a videogame (not talking engine btw, just pre-rendered CG). Videogames just dont invest the expenses to pull that off. Movie CG is where CG thrives, specially when it comes to photorealism.

Are we talking PS2 level tech or current gen? Because there is a bit of a difference.

Top Bottom