• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On still being a virgin/virgin shaming.

Demoskinos

I've just kind of given up tbh. 32 and still have the ol' v-card. In my early 20's I tried a few times to get into relationships and ended up in just a string of either she already had a boyfriend, only wanted to be friends or just straight up wanted nothing to do with me.

This eventually just lead me down the thought path of if I truly even wanted a relationship and honestly I kind of don't think I do. I'm not asexual by any means but at the same time putting any effort into a relationship is not something I feel like I need or actually want in the immediate future. I'm also not one of those guys into the "hook up" culture of just trying to pick up random women for a weekend fling or something so I've kind of just resigned myself to just doing my own thing and not giving the subject much or any thought anymore.

And honestly I'm fine with that I enjoy solitary living and just being able to do whatever I want whenever. I have friends that have wives and multiple kids and just gods I don't know how they do it. Its actually pretty great being an adult having my own money and free time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Someone tried to make an asexual okcupid some point back I don't know what happened to it.

Neoweee

The matching may be BS, but OKCupid is like the omnibus of different types of relationships. Looking For Thirds, asexual, you name it, OKC's got it.

Never understood being a virgin with the amount of people on this planet.

My wifes friend is.my wife says its because she is too picky and wants a primce charming.So she holds out and is still single at like 26

Relationships can suck, but letting your life slide by like that. Thats some poor decision making,

There's a whole lot of abuse victims that didn't chose to be abused. I think most people that remain virgins later into life are at a local maxima in terms of happiness, because the mental, emotional, financial, and physical barriers to forming healthy relationships are too substantial or stressful for them to push through, even if they'd overall be happier in one if they'd just push themselves out of their comfort zones.

I strongly implore the hermits in this thread to get themselves in therapy to talk about issues. Don't waste your life in solitude just because it seems easier in the moment. But it can be expensive to get professional help (in the US, at least), and that can be a big hill to climb.

Kicko

Out of curiosity, are you waiting for marriage or do you just never intend to have sex?

I apologize for the late response, but yes, I'm waiting until marriage. I realize there's a stigma associated with virgins that are late into their 30's, especially males, but it doesn't bother me at all because I'm strong in my convictions. I have a great sense for who I am as a person, and feel no need to be pressed into sexual intercourse. Am I a sexual being? Absolutely, I think about it all the time, actually. But it doesn't mean I have to act on my thoughts and desires, which is the prevailing narrative that's being passed down to us by society.

I have no difficulty waiting.

Top Bottom