• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On Xbone, getting banned from XBL maybe revokes(?) access to your games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron van Dedem

Neo Member
Microsoft will have a good reason to ban you. So don't cry when you lost your games, It's not the end of the world. If you get banned on PSN, your downloaded games wont work either.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Microsoft will have a good reason to ban you. So don't cry when you lost your games, It's not the end of the world. If you get banned on PSN, your downloaded games wont work either.
That is a complete falsehood. Every downloaded game that isn't online only continues to work on PS3.

You're just being intellectually dishonest now, no point continuing this enraging discussion.
Okay. I don't see anywhere where I would be as it hasn't been pointed out, but have a nice day.

English isn't my first language. I must be missing something. :-/
Neither is it mine. I'm not understanding the part where we are supposed to disagree.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Some of you guys would make terrible admins, eager to let paying customers burn at the stake instead of simply being kept from doing further harm.

Soule

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

People have been banned for taking advantage of badly coded games (which is about on par with spawn camping rather than hacking). People have had their accounts hijacked, had credit stolen from them and then been banned for getting a chargeback when the platform holder refuses refunds. People have been banned for buying games a day early. People have been banned because Halo 4 map packs were made available for free by mistake, and they got them.

Thank you, I was in the middle of looking up these bans (and a few others such as the bioware forum ban) but you've saved me the trouble.

MMaRsu

Banned

LOllol loo ooloooiloollllolool
Lol.
Ms dont have a good reason, and on Psn your downloaded games work if ur banned.

Yagharek

Some of you guys would make terrible admins, eager to let paying customers burn at the stake instead of simply being kept from doing further harm.

If you had made the comparison with drowning witches to prove their innocence you would have made it far easier for me to make a witty reply.

no its not.
you can sell your disc based games at several retailers like gamestop.
so only digital content is tied to your account.

Yeah, but you still need to release them from your account. Or does selling them at Gamestop somehow circumvent that rule?

If so, okay, but it doesn't change the fact that it's idiotic.

MMaRsu

Banned
no its not.

Not true. SOME games can be traded in at "participating" retailers, and wont be available at launch.

Too much misinformation or ms employees spreading bullshit? Whats going on gaf :(

kafiend

I love imagining that you could be playing an 18 rated game that has much swearing in the dialogue which then shows you some titties.
You comment, "look at them fucking tits" forgetting that Kinect is listening and you get banned.

Look, see, hush now, and no more than 3 itches of your balls because that's fapping.

I can't wait for this console to come out so we can get some concrete answers on all this stuff. Maybe Microsoft will put out some videos explaining this during launch week or something because right now its a clusterfuck.

bidguy

Banned
Yeah, but you still need to release them from your account. Or does selling them at Gamestop somehow circumvent that rule?

you cant release them from your account.
gamestop does. you could sell them to anyone if it would work like you describe.

why do you think the 24 hour check is in place ?

test_account

XP-39C²
I cant imagine that this rule will stay after the Xbox One is launched. They must be able to allow online checks to be done even if the account is banned. It would be too crazy to not allow this.

Storm360

I'm someone who had a false ban, and once you get that 9999 message, you're fucked

I posted on their forums and the message got deleted, phone and twitter support just told me to post on their forums which again I couldn't because they just deleted

The sole thing that proves it was a false ban to me is the fact they didn't ban my console, surely both a permanent account ban and console ban should be linked

I remember specially going out my way to ask Platinum Games if I could play when I had my copy of Anarchy Reigns come in 2012, that's how paranoid the false ban has made me, I'm literally making sure not to do a single thing that could be banable, I don't even talk in MP games outside of Party Chat. I can't imagine how id feel if my 300+ PHYSICAL game collection was on the line aswell

you cant release them from your account.
gamestop does. you could sell them to anyone if it would work like you describe.

why do you think the 24 hour check is in place ?

From my understanding, you could sell a game once, and transfer the license to another person's account once, if that person has been on your friends list for 30 days. I just didn't mention it because, in the case of Gamestop, that didn't seem like it would be neccesary.

Not true. SOME games can be traded in at "participating" retailers, and wont be available at launch.

Too much misinformation or ms employees spreading bullshit? Whats going on gaf :(

Seriously, you can't even trade in games at launch? It's gonna be Halo 4's campaign theater mode all over again. "We're working on it!" - "We figured it wasn't worth the effort."

Drazgul

This whole fiasco just keeps getting better and better - like watching a trainwreck that just won't stop, but instead keeps pushing further and further. Schadenfreude is a beautiful thing.

danielcw

no its not.

Those retailers have the power to untie games from your account
(unless I missed a big announcement)
Do we know whether they can untie a game even if you are banned or in violation of the
ToS?
Do we know whether publishers can prohibit retailers from untying your game?

bidguy

Banned
From my understanding, you could sell a game once, and transfer the license to another person's account once, if that person has been on your friends list for 30 days. I just didn't mention it because, in the case of Gamestop, that didn't seem like it would be neccesary.

no thats the gifting option.
once someone is on your friendlist for 30 days, you can gift them a game.

it has nothing to do with selling.

Developers/Publisher has the right to deny Used Games and the Trade Offer.

Or did this change? We are going with the assumption that everyone *cough EA* plays nice.

Yagharek

I'm someone who had a false ban, and once you get that 9999 message, you're fucked

I posted on their forums and the message got deleted, phone and twitter support just told me to post on their forums which again I couldn't because they just deleted

The sole thing that proves it was a false ban to me is the fact they didn't ban my console, surely both a permanent account ban and console ban should be linked

I remember specially going out my way to ask Platinum Games if I could play when I had my copy of Anarchy Reigns come in 2012, that's how paranoid the false ban has made me, I'm literally making sure not to do a single thing that could be banable, I don't even talk in MP games outside of Party Chat. I can't imagine how id feel if my 300+ PHYSICAL game collection was on the line aswell

What system was this on, and did they even tell you the reason for the ban?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
If you had made the comparison with drowning witches to prove their innocence you would have made it far easier for me to make a witty reply.
I don't believe that specific image fits here. According to some, people who legally buy a game before street date are heretics and deserve divine punishment in the name of our Corporate God. Others had it coming or they would not be banned in the first place, for such bans are without reproach.

Joni

Those retailers have the power to untie games from your account
(unless I missed a big announcement)
Do we know whether they can untie a game even if you are banned or in violation of the
ToS?
Do we know whether publishers can prohibit retailers from untying your game?

Yes, they can block the reselling.

speedline

Banned
BMwSGPmCQAEimYe.jpg:large

Storm360

What system was this on, and did they even tell you the reason for the ban?

This was on the Xbox 360, Initial email had a reason I can't remember, but it was ambitious and didn't directly say what for.

I have no idea if its something I did or something someone else did on my Xbox or what, I had got a few games early but I don't think that was related as I had a friend get other games around the game time as me with no issues

test_account

XP-39C²
So basically, you can sell your games once without an intermediary. It's just called "gifting".
Yeah, there is nothing that stops you from exchaning money privately (through Paypal or paying cash-in-hand etc.) when gifting a game. The person who recieve that gifted game can not sell it to anyone else though.

nope. you can sell them at participating retailers, like they said.
its just a gift option.
you can also share games with family members.
these are all 3 different things.
You can recieve money privately when doing a gifiting :) The downside is that the person who pays for this gifted game cant gift/sell it to anyone else.

Kokonoe

Banned
With that, there is literally no reason for me to even consider buying this console.

360 was my favorite console last-gen, but you'd have to work at Microsoft to be able to deal with all of this nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom