• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

I'm a bit confused here, I must say.

Oda has shown us that BM is fucking crazy, she's mentally ill and doesn't even remember the terrible things she did while enraged. She's also terrifyingly strong, I mean, she's seems to be in a whole new level while in that state.

I don't see the assassination plan working now, and after this chapter I don't see her being defeated either.

What a chapter, what a chapter!

I never thought either would happen. The assassination was doomed from inception, and it's better that way.

Defeating her? I think it's more likely they reach some kind of agreement or understanding. Of course they don't need her polygliph now; they have the copy.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oh shit

http://imgur.com/mvDH2lT

Maybe... she didn't eat them?

Edit: I realize this picture proves absolutely nothing, I just thought it was interesting

Ray Down

Banned
Dead from lives drain or taking off to a prison.

Still wonder what f Pound will show up, he may be hiding somewhere in WCI, but with him it's hard to miss him...

ffdgh

I never thought either would happen. The assassination was doomed from inception, and it's better that way.

Defeating her? I think it's more likely they reach some kind of agreement or understanding. Of course they don't need her polygliph now; they have the copy.

Pudding does having altering powers. There's nothing stopping her from clearing up Big Mom's memories and showing her that...umm...Caramel was always close by? She really wouldn't take that revelation well.

Ray Down

Banned
Pudding does having altering powers. There's nothing stopping her from clearing up Big Mom's memories and showing her that...umm...Caramel was always close by? She really wouldn't take that revelation well.
Matters if her fruit can do that when BM memory gaps are due to a sickness.

That and I not see that happening at the moment.

Big One

Banned
779fcfb9c868b2800797a6fa6c9965ec.jpg

From the child drawings I don't get the impressions they were taking in by Mother Carmel.
Actually Mother Carmel died before any of them were ever born, outside of Garp and Sengoku (I think). Though it is likely there are multiple Mother Carmel-type figures in the world of One Piece as a recruitment tool.

I'm more curious what the hell Big Mom actually is? Is she some type of natural "devil" or something?

Actually Mother Carmel died before any of them were ever born, outside of Garp and Sengoku (I think). Though it is likely there are multiple Mother Carmel-type figures in the world of One Piece as a recruitment tool.

I'm more curious what the hell Big Mom actually is? Is she some type of natural "devil" or something?
She may be.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
When Oda gets you with his ways even when he's written his most horrifying flashback yet:

Silence Of The Lambs House.

Ray Down

Banned
ONE PIECE official quiz challenge started today.

lnZf8pR.jpg

Those who made correct answers for all 56 questions will have a chance to obtain Oda's autograph.
Oda made only 18 correct answers in a row. He says, "Can you beat my record?" Editor is disappointed with Oda's record.

Here is the link to the quiz, but it seems you can answer only via smartphone/tablet, not PC.
https://pr-shindan.line.me/onepiece/

convo

So are we thinking Big Mom's past will still have more shown, just in piecemeal like Doflamingo's?

Besides seeing how she got husbands and stuff, i think this was a perfectly fine place to end it. I wonder if Big Mom ever questioned how she got her powers?I wonder if this will remain a secret to the world for the entire story, perhaps an orphan survived to tell the story or some of her children deduced what happened back then and are really trying to keep that a secret.
Oda couldn't have drawn blood and stuff because that would seriously mess up the younger readers hell that would give me nightmares. Like this even mature readers can overlook what really happened.

Red Fire

When we saw him for the first time both Zoro and Luffy said it was not a him but a they, plus his jolly roger has three heads so thats why he can have more than 1 devil fruit

I always assumed that they ment Blackebeard and his crew when they said they. So that he is not alone since they met the rest before him.

Pein

Banned
Oda couldn't have drawn blood and stuff because that would seriously mess up the younger readers hell that would give me nightmares. Like this even mature readers can overlook what really happened.[/QUOTE]

yeah but promised neverland runs in the same mag tho.

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

HOLY FUCK. This chapter shocked me.
This is why I never read spoilers.

I had to read the chapter a second to understand what exactly happened at the end.....
Poor Linlin didn't deserve that. That was probably the darkest moment in One Piece.

yeah everything around Lin-Lin has bite marks in it

even what I thought was a puddle of blood was just a bit of clothing, torn up and covered in bite marks of course.

Table? bite marks. Birthday candles? bite marks. Caramel's clothes? bite marks. The logs the kids were sitting on as they ate? bite marks.

Lin-Lin 100% ate the shit outta those kids

GG-Duo

Her life is one giant Grimm's fairytale.

For a moment I doubted that she ate the people at the Lamb House, but then you realize that she acquired Mother Carmel's power this way...

The theories that Mother Carmel had the Soul-Soul fruit were right all along. That explains how the clouds and rain formed over Marineford when she showed up at the giants' execution.

The second biggest twist is that she had dark intentions from the get-go. But nobody deserves to go out the way she did.

Her life is one giant Grimm's fairytale.

For a moment I doubted that she ate the people at the Lamb House, but then you realize that she acquired Mother Carmel's power this way...

It's not clarified yet. Her devil fruit might have respawned in a nearby fruit in the Lamb's House.

Ray Down

Banned
The theories that Mother Carmel had the Soul-Soul fruit were right all along. That explains how the clouds and rain formed over Marineford when she showed up at the giants' execution.

The second biggest twist is that she had dark intentions from the get-go. But nobody deserves to go out the way she did.

It's not clarified yet. Her devil fruit might have respawned in a nearby fruit in the Lamb's House.

Nah, fuck her. Trading kids away like that.

Majukun

ONE PIECE official quiz challenge started today.

lnZf8pR.jpg

Those who made correct answers for all 56 questions will have a chance to obtain Oda's autograph.
Oda made only 18 correct answers in a row. He says, "Can you beat my record?" Editor is disappointed with Oda's record.

Here is the link to the quiz, but it seems you can answer only via smartphone/tablet, not PC.
https://pr-shindan.line.me/onepiece/
it's rather easy, the real difficulty is to translate the questions through Google translate

turmoil

Banned
The only happy ending BM can have now would be dying and in her last visions before death meet again with the kind image of Mother Caramel that lives in her mind.

At this point I don't see how she can be fixed or redeemed.

Lol yeah that's what I've been thinking too. A bit of a nod from Oda, though I do have a feeling that like all things in One Piece Mother Carmel was set in stone a long time ago.

This arc really has the fairy tales vibe going on and not the nice ones .
Carmel nick name was mountain witch and she raise children and then got eat for by one say it all .

TTOOLL

Agreement after what they wrecked the tea party? No way. Only pudding can save the day now by making BM forgetting it all. I might be wrong, but if she goes berserk there, no one you be able to make a dent on her, that's game over.

The art in this chapter was great. The screen tone on the flames and smoke when Pandora was created looked amazing.

Matters if her memories will come back if she cured.

Probably not unless they meet up with the Marines though it depens how well known that is. Maybe Sengoku and Garp,

It would have to be a revelation from her own memories, since apparently, no one else was around when she devoured everybody.

Ray Down

Banned
Agreement after what they wrecked the tea party? No way. Only pudding can save the day now by making BM forgetting it all. I might be wrong, but if she goes berserk there, no one you be able to make a dent on her, that's game over.

If they cure her of her disease, that's the point.

Though they may need a little more.

LotusHD

Banned
When we saw him for the first time both Zoro and Luffy said it was not a him but a they, plus his jolly roger has three heads so thats why he can have more than 1 devil fruit

This post reminded me that I may need to pay more attention to the Jolly Rogers lol, I'm still shook that Big Mom's flag actually meant something.

Top Bottom