• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Kain

Wait, what if... What if Garp was one of the children Caramel sold to the Marines??? What if he's the one that knows what happened?

daveo42

Banned
Don't DF powers get attracted to the nearest fruit that's the same as the original DF or was Caeser's monster from Punk Hazard different because it was engineered? I don't buy the BM eating everyone story here. I expect the WG was somehow involved and took everyone instead of waiting on Carmel to deliver BM, who they probably saw as a threat.

Edit: Mother getting out of the business was probably bad news bears for the WG as well, so they said fuck it and took everything.

Edit 2: Looking back at the last few pages...she totally did eat them. Fuck...

Mendrox

If she really did eat them all, wouldn't there be more blood and bits about?
I guess its implied that's what happened, but it somehow seems more ambiguous.

Big Mom could ve thorough and just also lick it all off till nothing is there anymore. Sick chapter.

LotusHD

Banned
The consequences of being a speed-reading idiot.

cringe.gif

Sesha

She definitely ate them.

- There are screams in the panel where she says "yummy!"
- "I chomped down on the table a few times".
- There are teeth marks on Mother Caramel's clothing.
- Everyone was literally shoving cakes in her mouth.

Oda basically spells it out without actually spelling it out.

Oxn

Why do you think she only sells one child? On the one panel where they sing binks sake she even says to herself 'i will sell every last one of you to the government'

Thats because its her final sale, so might as well sell them all since she dont need to act anymore

dan2026

Looking at the size difference between Linlin and the other kids sat at the table.
I suppose it's not inconceivable that she could swallow them whole. :s

Also considering she was killing giants as a kid I have to wonder how Luffy (or anyone else) is going to be able to fight her?
And she has the Homies!

You just know Bege's rockets won't work somehow.

Well, you have a point, since this is One Piece world so lol at living costs.

Still, just trying to think about it logistically, you have housing, food for multiple people (especially with how big mom eats), doctor check ups (you need to keep them healthy after all), basic home needs. Education if they have that in OP.

I would understand it more if she sold the other children the marines don't buy into slavery or something, but the chapter implies she just routinely has a whole orphanages for which she only actually uses one kid with huge intervals inbetween.

It just doesn't seem financially sound, or it wouldn't if this wasn't OP. She should be selling way more orphans, is my point.

Why would she have trouble getting any of that if she has the full trust of the country (or at least a section) of Elbaf? I'm sure they would provide.

Morlas

yeah if she did eat them she could've just swallowed them whole....
wow Oda has done some messed up stuff before but this takes the whole cake...
badum tish

Samemind

Anyone else getting the vibe that Big Mom is kinda still just a kid and didn't really "grow up" as an adult? Between her obession with tea parties, her weird hobbies, the way she slept with her new toy and got real sad she thought it died. That she still hasn't dealt with her hunger problem or put two and two together about Caramel's disappearance.

Veelk

Banned
Why do you think she only sells one child? On the one panel where they sing binks sake she even says to herself 'i will sell every last one of you to the government'

I assumed that was like a "I hate you all" internal frustration sort of thing, since she has to pretend to like them. It still just brings up the question then why she sells them every 2 years instead of all at once, especially since they don't seem to have to be raised to any particular age or anything.

Why would she have trouble getting any of that if she has the full trust of the country (or at least a section) of Elbaf? I'm sure they would provide.

Orphanages don't run themselves. Or are giants dirty communists now?

The consequences of being a speed-reading idiot.

Look, if you're just going to do these driveby insults, I'm going to report you to the mods and let them take care of it. Stop it now.

Looking at the size difference between Linlin and the other kids sat at the table.
I suppose it's not inconceivable that she could swallow them whole. :s

Also considering she was killing giants as a kid I have to wonder how Luffy (or anyone else) is going to be able to fight her?
And she has the Homies!

You just know Bege's rockets won't work somehow.

Brook will solo her.

dan2026

Anyone else getting the vibe that Big Mom is kinda still just a kid and didn't really "grow up" as an adult? Between her obession with tea parties, her weird hobbies, the way she slept with her new toy and got real sad she thought it died. That she still hasn't dealt with her hunger problem or put two and two together about Caramel's disappearance.
She is a giant psychotic manchild.

One does have to speculate how she has so many kids...and where the fathers are....

LotusHD

Banned

I've seen people straight up recognize her as likely being autistic, so yea, can't say I'm surprised you think that. Also probably has abandonment issues, considering the whole "If Mama invites you, you better come" reputation

She is a giant psychotic manchild.

One does have to speculate how she has so many kids...and where the fathers are....

I just... I just can't see all of those relationships being consensual, considering all that we know about her.

Look, if you're just going to do these driveby insults, I'm going to report you to the mods and let them take care of it. Stop it now.

*nods approvingly

I assumed that was like a "I hate you all" internal frustration sort of thing, since she has to pretend to like them. It still just brings up the question then why she sells them every 2 years instead of all at once, especially since they don't seem to have to be raised to any particular age or anything.

I agree here^^

Kreed

One Piece 867:

I was really confused as to what happened at the end of Big Mom's flashback until I came in here (I was thinking Caramel and the kids were kidnapped). Next week's chapter is going to be "something" if this flash back leads into Big Mom's next actions after the assassination attempt fails.

LotusHD

Banned
One Piece 867:

I was really confused as to what happened at the end of Big Mom's flashback until I came in here (I was thinking Caramel and the kids were kidnapped). Next week's chapter is going to be "something" if this flash back leads into Big Mom's next actions after the assassination attempt fails.

Feel like I've been waiting for her reaction (post-scream) for the longest time now lol

Flashback was appreciated though

Plot twist...the giants hate big mom because of the incident she caused at age 5 not because of the marriage..something's afoot here

Because it still makes no sense to me why even for a second allow your prince to marry(whether he was in love or not) into a family who's mother slaughtered many of your ppl at a young age out of hunger

LotusHD

Banned
Plot twist...the giants hate big mom because of the incident she caused at age 5 not because of the marriage..something's afoot here

Because it still makes no sense to me why even for a second allow your prince to marry(whether he was in love or not) into a family who's mother slaughtered many of your ppl at a young age out of hunger

It could be both. Maybe somehow the marriage was a way for them to reconcile? I dunno...

It'd be interesting to see who, if anyone, actually informed her about what she did to the Giants.

It could be both. Maybe somehow the marriage was a way for them to reconcile? I dunno...

It'd be interesting to see who, if anyone, actually informed her about what she did to the Giants.
Thats the most interesting part she probably still doesn't even know,add to the fact Lola for some reason believed mama was on her side..Why?

LotusHD

Banned
I mean they straight up said it was a way to reconcile with them back when they explained it

Ah it's been a while, so memory's shaky, and only remembered the part about how the alliance would benefit her becoming PK.

Thats the most interesting part she probably still doesn't even know,add to the fact Lola for some reason believed mama was on her side..Why?

inb4 one last big deception-twist involving Pudding

That has always been a part of Big Mom's character, but regardless she's still mostly mature as an adult.

It's an old Viking style village, being communal is more likely than them being capitalist, especially when it comes to an orphanage.

Ray Down

Banned

Depends on how the royals at Elbaf act.

Don't DF powers get attracted to the nearest fruit that's the same as the original DF or was Caeser's monster from Punk Hazard different because it was engineered? I don't buy the BM eating everyone story here. I expect the WG was somehow involved and took everyone instead of waiting on Carmel to deliver BM, who they probably saw as a threat.

Edit: Mother getting out of the business was probably bad news bears for the WG as well, so they said fuck it and took everything.

Edit 2: Looking back at the last few pages...she totally did eat them. Fuck...

Which makes no sense because that wouldn't explain why they didn't take JUST BM, as she alone was stronger than the others combined, and why they left her there instead of killing her

Ray Down

Banned
Which makes no sense because that wouldn't explain why they didn't take JUST BM, as she alone was stronger than the others combined, and why they left her there instead of killing her

Yeah, unless Pudding messed up her memory to forget what really happened, I don't see how the WG can be involved with that.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
...she ate them all.

That is beyond messed up. This is like horror story level

Now I'm wondering how many other characters in the series started out with Mother Carmel. Although Carmel's death probably happened before most characters were born.

Top Bottom