• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
There would be no Nightmare Luffy

56344de5b4fc4197ac3c7735bf410ad180ed7a9f_hq.gif

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
well she is not that child anymore,before she was unintentionally evil..now she is like that on purpose.

I dont know...doesnt look like she ever grew up. Sure she is evil, based on her act alone....but yeah, doesnt seem like she had that much choices to begin with.

Majukun

best thing about this flashback is that in just 2 chapters we basically got the big mom character in a little nugget, every quirk,every aspect of the character have been given an explanation basically...apart maybe from the passion for strange creatures,but that might just be a passion of hers

LotusHD

Banned
best thing about this flashback is that in just 2 chapters we basically got the big mom character in a little nugget, every quirk,every aspect of the character have been given an explanation basically...apart maybe from the passion for strange creatures,but that might just be a passion of hers

Yup, I'm quite satisfied.

Wait...so you guys are telling me she ate them?

Goddamn that is horrific and sad. I really want to know just what the hell is causing Big Mom's condition. Was she experimented on? It just doesn't add up.

Mother Caramel having both the Soul fruit powers and being an underground criminal were twists I didn't expect. I guess it goes a lot with this arc about fake images of kindness and sweetness hiding horrible people and evil acts.

Ray Down

Banned
Wait...so you guys are telling me she ate them?

Goddamn that is horrific and sad. I really want to know just what the hell is causing Big Mom's condition. Was she experimented on? It just doesn't add up.

Mother Caramel having both the Soul fruit powers and being an underground criminal were twists I didn't expect. I guess it goes a lot with this arc about fake images of kindness and sweetness hiding horrible people and evil acts.

She hit the genetic/sickness freak lottery.

LotusHD

Banned
There's no experiment, unless her parents made some sort of massive detour before abandoning her. She's just... not well.

In other chapter news, Cavendish's story reminds me of that news story of the Saudi Arabian men who were kicked out of a festival for being too handsome.

Ogodei

Now I'm wondering how many other characters in the series started out with Mother Carmel. Although Carmel's death probably happened before most characters were born.

Anybody with the World Government who's at or above 60 years old could be eligible. Garp is a distinct possibility, and you can't rule out Bonney given that she could be pulling a Tsunade and just posing as a 20-year-old.

Ray Down

Banned
Anybody with the World Government who's at or above 60 years old could be eligible. Garp is a distinct possibility, and you can't rule out Bonney given that she could be pulling a Tsunade and just posing as a 20-year-old.

779fcfb9c868b2800797a6fa6c9965ec.jpg

From the child drawings I don't get the impressions they were taking in by Mother Carmel.

LotusHD

Banned
:(
It's that I just don't understand. What should we feel? Empathy or apathy? I felt really fucking annoyed, that's for sure. Because, empathy, it's out of the question. Big Momma was and still is a POS.

I don't see anything particularly wrong with being at least a little sympathetic for a mentally ill, socially unequipped (maybe even a little autistic) child suffering from extreme gigantism that was abandoned by her parents, has horrifically destructive food cravings that she's completely helpless to, as well as her mother figure turning out to be a child trafficker that never loved her to begin with. Who throughout the flashback has genuinely never purposefully attempted to do harm towards others.

This isn't Doffy, where we saw that regardless of his circumstances, he was always a horrible, spoiled individual. She was actually quite nice.

But of course, no shit that doesn't mean I am going to actually forgive her actions or anything. As I said last week, this is an extremely atypical situation in where we see a child that has entirely no clue as to how utterly destructive she is, and cannot help it. It's just pretty tragic in that it would have been great for something to give her that love and affection, or maybe find a way to successfully treat or rehabilitate her, but damn, I genuinely don't know who'd be willing to go through all of that.

So at the very least, I just feel sorry for her as a kid, even in spite of her obviously crossing that line, where you don't exactly blame the elder giant for wanting to execute her. So yea, Big Mom in the current day is clearly way past redemption, and considering all she did as a child, maybe the same applies to her as a kid.

But yea, I can't just ignore the nuance here.

At 6? yeah.

Now? She has childish qualities but she's definitely more mature.

Yeah I mean now. She seems to throw the same childish rampages and still not understand her strength thats even more monstrous now. Like she seems even more dangerous then Kaidou because she rampages around like that.

caliph95

Yeah I mean now. She seems to throw the same childish rampages and still not understand her strength thats even more monstrous now. Like she seems even more dangerous then Kaidou because she rampages around like that.
Besides her tantrum she seems to understand it since we she her threaten people and use it to specifically use her soul powers

She has her rampages and probably has difficulty controlling her strength, plus her treatment of Brook and other parts of her collection is pretty childish, but at the same time she's still capable of maneuvering alliances through marriage, come up with the Vinsmoke assassination plan, keep her emotions in check when Judge mentioned giants, she plans to find raftel through the poneglyph scrawl and even came up with a plan B when Pudding couldn't assassinate Sanji.

So really, she just has aspects of her personality that are in arrested development, while still being an adult.

TTOOLL

I'm a bit confused here, I must say.

Oda has shown us that BM is fucking crazy, she's mentally ill and doesn't even remember the terrible things she did while enraged. She's also terrifyingly strong, I mean, she's seems to be in a whole new level while in that state.

I don't see the assassination plan working now, and after this chapter I don't see her being defeated either.

What a chapter, what a chapter!

Taborcarn

Don't forget she has the biggest intelligence network around, and knew about the Baratie to blackmail Sanji. She still has her outbursts, but she's smart.

Veelk

Banned
I feel like I should make a topic discussing how people empathize with fictional characters. A lot of people mistake empathy for sympathy, and while not feeling empathy is a social/biological function that was used to help society develop in eras of tribalism, it's not use is more limited in a modern context, and never as much as in exploring fiction.

Ray Down

Banned
I'm a bit confused here, I must say.

Oda has shown us that BM is fucking crazy, she's mentally ill and doesn't even remember the terrible things she did while enraged. She's also terrifyingly strong, I mean, she's seems to be in a whole new level while in that state.

I don't see the assassination plan working now, and after this chapter I don't see her being defeated either.

What a chapter, what a chapter!

Yeah this is the strength of a Yonko at a very young age.

Those missiles aren't working and they aren't escape with out curing her or something.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Why would Blackbeard eat people? His DF is specifically said to absorb other DF powers. He's not a cannibal like BM.

This chapter makes me think the original intro scene with BM wasn't her eating a homie after all...

Jay RaR

Wow...woooow.

Didn't expect that twist. I honestly thought Mother Caramel ditched Big Mom with the children after her birthday until I read this thread. Damn, that is messed up. I guess what threw me off was the lack of blood once Big Mom wakes up after her party. She really just swallows children and Mother Caramel in one gulp, and she probably ate them while everyone slept.

And just like that, we're back in the present.

RomanceDawn

Because this is One Piece I'm keeping my mind open about the possibility that something else may have happened. I can't deny though that whats implied made me a little sick to my stomach and I almost cried a little. What a horrible awful way to die and how awful it is for young Linlin to be the cause of all that horror and not even be aware.

How wild would it be if Teach put that cloak over Newgate, cut out his heart and ate it to obtain the quake fruit? Yeash!

caliph95

Why would Blackbeard eat people? His DF is specifically said to absorb other DF powers. He's not a cannibal like BM.

This chapter makes me think the original intro scene with BM wasn't her eating a homie after all...
He specifaclly chose that fruit for it's plan so we have to assume the Fruit have something to do with.

What was the original explanation of two DF again that two DF will kill you right

Ray Down

Banned

I'm sure it was, it's not like Big Mom meant to eat them.

Remember she has her food disease that messes with her memories.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Reading APForums now and seeing lots of derisive name calling over the dumbest shit.

"Did Big Mom eat them?"

"You idiot what a stupid question, it's glaringly obvious she did"

Glad we don't do much of that here. GameFAQs level immaturity at its finest.

MANUELF

Banned
He specifaclly chose that fruit for it's plan so we have to assume the Fruit have something to do with.

What was the original explanation of two DF again that two DF will kill you right

When we saw him for the first time both Zoro and Luffy said it was not a him but a they, plus his jolly roger has three heads so thats why he can have more than 1 devil fruit

lbsa

I kind of wonder now what happened with all her husband's since we didn't see any of them besides Pound,who i think is hiding from BM for some reason.

cmouryJ.jpg

Top Bottom