• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

LiK

I feel like a lot of people are taking a break from the game right now, including me.

This game can be quite frustrating sometimes and it wears on you.

Same. I'm just enjoying following the news and events from E3 as well. What rank are you right now?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It's a mixbag so far. Had a couple of games with dudes that were calling out discords / ults and another with a torb that called everyone racial slurs for not healting him

So it's an online game I guess.
I guess so. I had a couple of games with nice people last night after a relatively short streak of assholes.

Same. I'm just enjoying following the news and events from E3 as well. What rank are you right now?

E3 for me right now. Which is perfect after the frantic slog for loot this weekend (I had to grind for my kids too, since they're busy finishing school).

That new 6v6 elimination looks nice, though...

Mr Git

Played a lot during this event and loads over the weekend so should probably get back to Persona 5 and Wipeout which I've barely touched. That's just the tip of the backlog.
Would definitely be up for playing comp matches with a few gaffers, already soured from playing solo.

_Legacy_

I feel like a lot of people are taking a break from the game right now, including me.

This game can be quite frustrating sometimes and it wears on you.

This, I still love the game but comp can be stressful at times, especially when you get paired with throwers/leavers straight from the off. I think the seasons are progressively getting worse, too many alt accounts.

I think it was Yager telling me during a game in comp last week, he had a random on his team that didn't want to play anything but one character (can't remember who but he was shit with him anyway) "because he only plays that hero on this account", wtf. Worse thing is, I'm not really sure what Blizzard can do about it.

Holy shit, no one in my list is playing OW at all. I guess people got burnt out from the grinding. Lol

I got burnt out of grinding haha. Leveled up so much and the last 8 legendaries i got in this event were useless dupes (and I'm a new player remember).

Also, it feels bad playing on not double exp and getting shitty normal boxes.

Yep, I'm in the same boat. Between xp grinding, E3, and some consecutive shitty matches, I'm taking a bit of a break. I've got Berseria to finish and I might try out Stormblood

Like 3800 I think, I had a big losing streak after I made my way back into Grandmaster.

This, I still love the game but comp can be stressful at times, especially when you get paired with throwers/leavers straight from the off. I think the seasons are progressively getting worse, too many alt accounts.

I think it was Yager telling me during a game in comp last week, he had a random on his team that didn't want to play anything but one character (can't remember who but he was shit with him anyway) "because he only plays that hero on this account", wtf. Worse thing is, I'm not really sure what Blizzard can do about it.

All my stress from this game comes from dealing with the other players. A lot of them mean well, but you are the one that ends up having to deal with it all.

NeoRaider

I need more slots for Mei voice lines, 4 is not enough. They are all perfect!
Her 2 new VLs are great. "I was only trying to help..." XD

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Had a POTG where I used my D.Va ult on Defense Hollywood and got a quintuple, but what made it cool was that their D.Va popped hers in retaliation shortly after, but as mine had just exploded for the quintuple and hers was about to explode I was able to hop back into my mech for safety at which point my mech exploded and I once again popped out right beside the payload and dropped a spray on it for style points. I would've recorded it but the game crashed when I opened an app to record. :/

Gone forever!

kaplan why

Syf

Banned
They also need to not place me on the same team as someone I just reported in a previous match especially when it's for abusive chat or throwing.
They had an avoid player function in place in the beta but removed it when people exploited the system. I doubt you will ever have the ability to 100% prevent yourself from being matched with someone else. Hopefully the throwing penalty is as 'dramatically increased' as he says because I agree it's something they need to address.

LiK

Man, Jeff constantly mentioning that the Report feature for consoles is coming soon in the forums is wearing thin.

How does one detect boosting in order to report it?

I think it's just the more obvious cases, like when people queue up really late at night and end up fighting against diamonds and below (when they're GM/masters +). I don't think he means the community meaning of the word (Mercy main queues up with a good player, goes from plat->GM).

randome

Seriously anyone that's having a hard time getting out of gold make an alt account. I placed like 550 points higher than my main account. I think I can get to diamond now which is kinda cool.

Crzy1

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20755696900#post-14

I'll believe it when I see it. They also need to not place me on the same team as someone I just reported in a previous match especially when it's for abusive chat or throwing.
Yeah, my biggest annoyance is blocking someone that's throwing, trolling or otherwise, just to get placed back with or against them the next round. I don't care if it has to make me wait for another 5 or 10 minutes for another game to come together, just don't place me with them again. Playing on my phone while sitting in skirmish is a lot more entertaining than losing a match because of one person. Competitive is a big enough chore without having to deal with the same shithead's over and over again.

Moonkeis

Seriously anyone that's having a hard time getting out of gold make an alt account. I placed like 550 points higher than my main account. I think I can get to diamond now which is kinda cool.

I mainly play support (Ana/Lucio) and was finally able to make it out of gold in season 3. They placed me at gold for 4, and it was pretty up and down from there. I started using my son's account (he's 5, only plays with bots), played mainly soldier, and easily placed in plat, and now I'm in Diamond.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's just the more obvious cases, like when people queue up really late at night and end up fighting against diamonds and below (when they're GM/masters +). I don't think he means the community meaning of the word (Mercy main queues up with a good player, goes from plat->GM).

I don't get it. Are GM/Masters not supposed to play late at night?

antitrop

Ran into someone on my smurf that literally named themselves "Bottom500" and was throwing his way there. =/

5RFKBAA.png

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Ran into someone on my smurf that literally named themselves "Bottom500" and was throwing his way there. =/

Ugh. That sort of thing really does deserve somewhere between a 2 season and lifetime competitive mode ban.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Threw out a hook at enemy Mercy and it grabs the Lucio that was right next to me, not even in my view during Overtime, FML.

Playing a lot of Tekken lately, reminded me how much more satisfying it is playing fighting games seriously than Overwatch.

Too many varying factors before your own skill comes into play. First 3 comp games today, no healers. I'm at the point now where if there's no healer, I'm not playing it, so we're going to lose, and the vicious cycle continues.

So I guess I'm done with comp. I got my golden gun with D.va, and I'm good.

hypernima

Banned
Playing a lot of Tekken lately, reminded me how much more satisfying it is playing fighting games seriously than Overwatch.

Too many varying factors before your own skill comes into play. First 3 comp games today, no healers. I'm at the point now where if there's no healer, I'm not playing it, so we're going to lose, and the vicious cycle continues.

Tekken on PS4 or PC? Looking for more matches.

Syf

Banned
Too many varying factors before your own skill comes into play.
Yeah. That's how I see it too, and why I don't usually play online team games competitively. Just inherently frustrating when you want to win but you have some teammate who won't listen, sucks, or throws. 1v1 or sometimes 2v2 if I have a dedicated friend to play with, that's what I stick to for comp play.

This is me. Taking this opportunity to play more Tekken 7. I haven't even done a single placement game this season yet.

Same. Practicing for EVO, knowing that when I recalibrate I'll probably end up right back where I was last season because of Blizard ELO.

Every time I feel like buying a new account to try again I spend money on lootboxes.

I've taken a break from this game too, at least competitively. I occasionally hop on to play quick play or arcade, but I've mostly stopped. It's just such a frustrating game to play when you don't have a party of friends to play with, plus the last 6-8 boxes I got from the anniversary event were literally all dupes and sprays, so that was annoying.

I'll definitely come back to check out new maps and heroes, but I'm not sure how many more ranked matches I'm gonna play.

The game gets so exhausting because of how throttled individual play is and how you don't just have to engage in teamplay, but be downright symbiotic. I've been playing less and less just due to how little freedom there seems to be and how uniquely demoralizing it can be to feel like a match is lost right from the hero select screen.

Owzers

The game gets so exhausting because of how throttled individual play is and how you don't just have to engage in teamplay, but be downright symbiotic. I've been playing less and less just due to how little freedom there seems to be and how uniquely demoralizing it can be to feel like a match is lost right from the hero select screen.
Sometimes I don't even want to res people.

Top Bottom