• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Mr Git

I forgot to buy Winstons Dance Emote... pack it all up. It's finished. The dreams over.

I got it 3 times during the event. Wish you could trade dupes.

So is the only thing you can get with CP the golden weapons? Cause I don't want any of them. I'd rather have the weapon that matches the skin and frankly gold with most of the skins looks awful.

Chance

I forgot to buy Winstons Dance Emote... pack it all up. It's finished. The dreams over.

I try to force myself to buy up the important stuff a day or two before the scheduled event end. I've ended up freaking out and dashing around to get those sweet loots, or missing them entirely.

I must guard myself against my future laziness.

LiK

I try to force myself to buy up the important stuff a day or two before the scheduled event end. I've ended up freaking out and dashing around to get those sweet loots, or missing them entirely.

I must guard myself against my future laziness.

Sorry, could I get your PSN again

why blizz try to make me lose sr points. just two comp games and both are KOTH

finally took out my ana again after a 0-5 with her this season. we were down 0-2 on Nepal. had to switch off lucio and zen. just couldn't focus on kills. surprisingly the rein on the team was good. so i think it was smart for me to go ana so i can nano him. anyways. we ended up coming back and won.

19K heals and it was 21% of the team damage. we did have a mercy who res just in time a few times. props to her.

this was the last round with like 10% left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocwp8QBA1SQ

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Has Blizzard said if they're making any changes to the ranking system? Real fucking fun getting matched with people blatantly throwing(if not, being real dense) or the game putting you on the same team as the guy you just beat while being matched against a smurf.

Mystery Heroes as Roadhog. I hooked an Ulting McCree and shot him dead, then immediately used my Ult to kill an Ulting Pharah and a Hanzo (not Ulting). 3 pretty cool kills in the space of 6-7 seconds.

Play of the game. A Junkrat tire killing 3 people on the payload.

Get fucked!

Had a good night finally with season 5. Went 8-2, jumped ~180 SR. Funny enough, one of my friends team chat wouldn't work so we had to do party chat and couldn't talk to the other 3 teammates all night (at least we couldn't figure out how). But, I think that worked much better for us. No idle/dumb chatter, no toxicity, no second guessing of character selection. It was a thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours.

Mystery Heroes as Roadhog. I hooked an Ulting McCree and shot him dead, then immediately used my Ult to kill an Ulting Pharah and a Hanzo (not Ulting). 3 pretty cool kills in the space of 6-7 seconds.

Play of the game. A Junkrat tire killing 3 people on the payload.

Get fucked!

It's really hard to get PotG as Roadhog because he's more about sustained presence than burst. People complain about his ability to 1-shot heroes, but you never see a Roadhog team kill unless it's off a ledge with his ult.

Omg. Tonight is THE worst night I've ever had for teams. 15 games and we won 1.

I'm talking teams just curb stomping us. I should not get the gold medal for damage done as anna

LiK

Man, nobody on again except for like two guys. Managed to have some fun QP sessions with my bro Igor at least. Can't even do Comp when no one else is on. Lol

Banzai

I had a good couple of games last night. 5 wins in a row, then a loss. And the loss was very close and felt like a fair game.

I can only make this observation again and again: I have a lot more fun with this game if neither team has a Mercy.

Just had a game on Nepal where our Genji spent all 3 rounds screaming at the rest of the team for not being able to deal with their Bastion.

Our Genji.

When we lost 3-0 he said "Absolute fucking shit team! Never been matched with so many idiots."

I messaged telling him he should have been dealing with the Bastion, that's kind of Genji's thing. "i gt 4 golds idiot cnt carry hole team by self" came the reply.

Some people.

Has the vibration setting on the Xbox changed recently? It used to vibrate when I blinked with Tracer or charged up a shot with Symmetra but it only seems to vibrate when I shoot now. Feels a little odd.

Mr Git

Got mine sweeper trophy. That was easy.

Does it count Symms turrets as well? Always thought the rarity looked really high for that but I've only got about 5 minutes playtime with Winston lol.
I got the path is closed this morning, I think the other team's symm hated me. It's nice when I'm playing on a map and pinpoint where the teleporter is from the sound of its deployment.

LiK

Does it count Symms turrets as well? Always thought the rarity looked really high for that but I've only got about 5 minutes playtime with Winston lol.
I got the path is closed this morning, I think the other team's symm hated me. It's nice when I'm playing on a map and pinpoint where the teleporter is from the sound of its deployment.

Yea, Symm turrets are pretty much the easiest way. I was lucky. This was in Anubis and the enemy Symm clustered them all together in the first point high up so I had to leap up to get them so I got all 6 of them and escaped before I was killed by the Junk there. Toughest part was getting to Point B without dying. That was scary, haha.

Jumped into Point B later and they were clustered all around the pillars and walls and managed to get them all before I was killed by Sombra and Junk. Never expected to get this trophy so it made that shitty match worth it, lol

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm running into a lot of people who are picking odd heroes and surprisingly, doing okay with them. People playing Symmetra and Hanzo and such. So I've been trying to tell people to give them a chance when they ask these Hanzos/Symms to switch at the start of the game.

Went up another 200ish SR last night. Hopefully will make it to Plat soon.

Finally back up to platinum after being placed much lower.

I'm currently at 29 losses and 30 wins (2 draws).

Why bother placing me so low if you're just going to fix it so I get straight back to platinum? It makes no sense.

Nimby

Banned
Stylosa is dead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXhq0KYvVJM

Throwers and one-tricks are getting stupid this season. In one of my games we lost one round of KotH, and the Roadhog just sits back at spawn. He's not on the mic. I message him "pls don't throw" and he sends back "I'm eating. And who cares, it's just a game." "You guys suck."

He's on the enemy team next match and he gets full held, and we capture all 3 points on 66.

LiK

Throwers and one-tricks are getting stupid this season. In one of my games we lost one round of KotH, and the Roadhog just sits back at spawn. He's not on the mic. I message him "pls don't throw" and he sends back "I'm eating. And who cares, it's just a game." "You guys suck."

He's on the enemy team next match and he gets full held, and we capture all 3 points on 66.

LOL, gotta play in stacks this season. Also, that guy was eating and kept staying in the game? What a bitch.

LiK

Really can't wait for ther harsher penalty to kick in. People who got banned multiple seasons getting permabanned would be quite a nice thing to clear out a lot of these fuckheads ruining Comp.

Also cannot wait for the report function on consoles. I just want to contribute to reporting assholes in Comp.

Man, nobody on again except for like two guys. Managed to have some fun QP sessions with my bro Igor at least. Can't even do Comp when no one else is on. Lol
I can't speak for everyone else but besides just playing a lot in general, playing a ton during the event and getting burned out with shitty loot boxes and event cosmetic practices I'm more than happy to catch up on my backlog.

I considered doing my 10 comp placement games as hog before the possible nerf (pls don't hit live) and reaper buff get here, along with the influx of toxicity a new 2cp map will bring but I'm having much more fun with other games lol

Sane_Man

People in lower ranks have been saying this for a year and everyone mocked them. Now GM's are finally seeing it and everyone steps up and listens. Unless you play about a 1000 games there's no guarantee that your luck will even out. You might get dealt hands more often than not that you can't carry to victory. It's random. Some people get inflated by luck, some deflated, and some are exactly where they deserve to be.

Noctis3

People in lower ranks have been saying this for a year and everyone mocked them. Now GM's are finally seeing it and everyone steps up and listens. Unless you play about a 1000 games there's no guarantee that your luck will even out. You might get dealt hands more often than not that you can't carry to victory. It's random. Some people get inflated by luck, some deflated, and some are exactly where they deserve to be.

Owzers

Sounds like someone wasn't positive enough.

If I soloq now it's to play the characters I don't end up as with a group. Mercy main dreams will never die.

Gorillaz

That shit has been said for MONTHS. Almost a year.

It shouldn't have taken Stylosa for people to go "oh wow this really is off". Coming from just other shooters with comp matchmaking I was looking at this whole MMR engine with a side eye.

This def feels like the one season where I have to actually go queue with others.

Angel_DvA

Solo Q this season is the worst, was easily Diamond last season but this season is a nightmare, I can't pass 2800, fuck this shit, my stats are way better than last season and I'm playing at a lower rank, I had torb, symetra, bastion and junkrat on my last game in attack, I was solo healing with ana but the tracer/genji of the opposite team were trashing me and when I asked for help, one dude said to me:"Heal me and I'll try to save you, promise" fuck this shit.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Pharah is a beast in 3v3 elimination. Even if my two teammates get killed I feel comfortable going 1 on 3. Being able to fly around and keep your distance, doing significant damage if you miss but hit the ground near the enemy (and because of that, being able to damage multiple enemies at once), etc... and I haven't even used her Ult yet. So goooood.

LiK

I. Hate. Placement. Matches. Can I just resume off where I climbed to diamond?

Placements are so pointless and placing us under where we were last season to "make us feel better" about climbing is stupid. We can't climb back if we end up with shithead teammates ruining the matches.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It does seem like a massive waste of time. No matter how well you win or lose, you just get punted back to wherever you were before, minus like 200 SR.

Why even have placement matches if it just does this every season?

Fugu

Placements are so pointless and placing us under where we were last season to "make us feel better" about climbing is stupid. We can't climb back if we end up with shithead teammates ruining the matches.
This system is better because it manages the (entirely likely) possibility that your placements were unrepresentative well. If you continue to win at what it placed you at (which you should) you'll be at your old rating pretty quickly, even if you underperformed in your placements. It also works the other way and virtually eliminates the possibility of placing players at an otherwise unattainable peak due to unusually good placements.

It's annoying but it makes a lot of sense and is better than many of the oft-proposed solutions.

Placements were pointless this season considering the short break from last season with literally no changes.

But I'll take the free SR points.

Cappa

Banned
I'm running into a lot of people who are picking odd heroes and surprisingly, doing okay with them. People playing Symmetra and Hanzo and such. So I've been trying to tell people to give them a chance when they ask these Hanzos/Symms to switch at the start of the game.

Went up another 200ish SR last night. Hopefully will make it to Plat soon.
I've had the occasional game with trolls but for the most part I feel my games on average are better this season than last

LiK

I think when I return to Comp after everyone comes back, I'm leaving team chat when people start tilting or muting them. Not a fan of listening to people tilt. Ruins my mojo and distracts the shit outta me.

Top Bottom