• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

HMD

Fuck, didnt realize there was a maintinence today, I'm about 90% sure my decay starts during this time frame.....rushed home from school to get a quick match in.

RIP my season high

With decay you will have the same MMR and gain back your SR in no time. I dropped from 3700 to 3000 from decay when Persona 5 launched and I was getting 100+ SR every win and losing ~10 SR with every loss.

Ramirez

I played one match after the event was over and got someone throwing with Symm in KOTH. My desire to play is basically at zero with no event going on. Tired of smurfs, throwers, and quitters.

Jblanks

I played one match after the event was over and got someone throwing with Symm in KOTH. My desire to play is basically at zero with no event going on. Tired of smurfs, throwers, and quitters.

Yea I feel basically the same. Will play a match here and there but that's about it. Gotta tackle this backlog now. Blood and Wine you're up.

hypernima

Banned
Would have went from 2300 to 2700 today but some guys in my game tilted for literally no reason and started talking about how only nerds are good at the game and how pussy is better than nudes.

This game is a Freudian nightmare at times.

Symm on KOTH isn't neccessarily a throw on the right map where she can get in close and also get a shield gen up to help the team

With decay you will have the same MMR and gain back your SR in no time. I dropped from 3700 to 3000 from decay when Persona 5 launched and I was getting 100+ SR every win and losing ~10 SR with every loss.

Oh thanks, thats good to know.

I checked a different stat site and it says my last played time was after midnight, so I might be good still

Owzers

Save your energy for next Tuesday, new map and I'm a Reaper main.

I did that over the weekend. Hovering at low 2000s right now and trying to make it into plat.

Did you notice a sharp decline in the quality of games once you hit gold? I noticed my teams going from friendly people who chatted with each other and stuck together as a team, to people yelling at each other and going in haphazardly as soon as I broke 2000.

I can't tell if it's an SR thing or a time of day thing.

It's a mixbag so far. Had a couple of games with dudes that were calling out discords / ults and another with a torb that called everyone racial slurs for not healting him

So it's an online game I guess.

Swig_

Just got a box with four dupes. All low quality. Best thing was a basic skin recolor that I've had three times.

Welp, Bliz, you sold me on never buying another box ever again.

Edit, haven't bought boxes in a while, this was my 6v6 elim box from Arcade.

Chance

So Total Mayhem mode.

I've always considered McCree and Pharah to be the best dps options because of High Noon's sky high damage potential and ult synergy with Sombra and Pharah's survivability and ult synergy with Zarya.

So last night I go Tracer because we qeued up and I forgot what mode we were in before the game started. But my God, three second rewind and 300hp makes her so damn survivable, blink on a one-second cooldown is crazy and Pulse Bomb can still take out a squishy when 200hp just means 400 in TM.

Played 3 rounds, got 2 PotGs lol.

Why the fuck are there so many snipers on console? Every single match is Hanzo + Widowmaker + possibly Ana. I could have rose-tinted glasses about PC but this Xbox experience blows. I'm playing with a friend and I don't even understand it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So Total Mayhem mode.

I've always considered McCree and Pharah to be the best dps options because of High Noon's sky high damage potential and ult synergy with Sombra and Pharah's survivability and ult synergy with Zarya.

So last night I go Tracer because we qeued up and I forgot what mode we were in before the game started. But my God, three second rewind and 300hp makes her so damn survivable, blink on a one-second cooldown is crazy and Pulse Bomb can still take out a squishy when 200hp just means 400 in TM.

Played 3 rounds, got 2 PotGs lol.

Find McCree useless since his Ult takes too long and is easy to shut down. His other skills don't provide anything worthwhile. Specifically as Winston.

DPS wise, I think I rather just prefer more CC, shields, and heals.

Winston, Ana, Lucio, and Zarya being the best for TM.

But Mei, Rein, and Dva are also excellent choices.

Junkrat, Pharah, and Tracer above McCree for DPS.

Basically, you need a strong CC + damage combo to kill. Rein or Zarya with Dva do the trick best. Tracer Pharah and McCree are easily spotted, Junk and Tracer are a bit better.

Winston and Mei are just extremely difficult to kill and fuck up shit.

Lucio heals like a mother fucker. And Ana's grenade is basically the only way to net kills half the time anyways.

I'd probably rank him pretty far down dps wise, better than Soldier, but below Junk, Tracer, Hanzo, Pharah who all provide the same, but have a better choice of skills.

Sombra is a great choice too, if you're not doing the CC + Bomb combo.

was about to shit out of the mouth. got put on a team with a 5 stack. they all ALMOST went no support. i checked their profiles. i don't even think they even really had a support player on their team. how you going to do a 5- stack with no support? but someone in the stack picked mercy.

i already locked zen just to keep the dmg going.

4 rounds on lijiang tower. we lose the first round but i got POTG from that round though.
Mercy switched to lucio, then back to mercy.

9AuQZMq.jpg

i killed that reaper trying to escape too. RIP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvIJugMfgPA

still got to practice my aim. it's low because i'm too busy trying to kill Pharah.

LiK

Holy shit, no one in my list is playing OW at all. I guess people got burnt out from the grinding. Lol

was about to shit out of the mouth. got put on a team with a 5 stack. they all ALMOST went no support. i checked their profiles. i don't even think they even really had a support player on their team. how you going to do a 5- stack with no support? but someone in the stack picked mercy.

i already locked zen just to keep the dmg going.

4 rounds on lijiang tower. we lose the first round but i got POTG from that round though.
Mercy switched to lucio, then back to mercy.

9AuQZMq.jpg

i killed that reaper trying to escape too. RIP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvIJugMfgPA

still got to practice my aim. it's low because i'm too busy trying to kill Pharah.

Those assists... nicely done!

Blues1990

Holy shit, no one in my list is playing OW at all. I guess people got burnt out from the grinding. Lol

It doesn't hurt to take a break. After getting D.Va's Cruiser skin from a long winded grind, I'm taking some time off from Overwatch to play some 'Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia', which I wanted to play for some time.

Owzers

I watched john wick 2, good movie, I think its in-depth close quarters gun battles will improve my Reaper play.

Real talk, I feel like my Winston skills have gone up tenfold after obtaining his Dance Emote and the "I have the right stuff" voiceline.

Also holy fuck I had to stop playing tonight, so many smurfs (Good ones and throwers) on tonight. Had on my team the first round that was terrible and 2 on the other team that were amazing. Then second match the other team had a 3 man group with a smurf who was trolling and they lost 0-3 to us on Illos.

NimbusD

seriously have to be fucking kidding me. Had a guy, Kirayagami, throw a match for no reason. Reported blocked, what can you do right? THEN OVERWATCH PUTS ME RIGHT BACK IN ANOTHER COMP MATCH WITH THE GUY I JUST FUCKING REPORTED. Guess what? HE FUCKING THREW AGAIN.

Come the fuck on. To top it off, first team there's a guy, Xragor or something stupid like that on my team who just keeps going 'lol symm' to me as if Im playing particularly bad or something, not even realizing someone's throwing the match. Next match he's on the other team and recognizes me and starts doing the same shit.

I've been really good about not tilting, but god damn these two people are the literal worst, fuck them.

LiK

seriously have to be fucking kidding me. Had a guy, Kirayagami, throw a match for no reason. Reported blocked, what can you do right? THEN OVERWATCH PUTS ME RIGHT BACK IN ANOTHER COMP MATCH WITH THE GUY I JUST FUCKING REPORTED. Guess what? HE FUCKING THREW AGAIN.

Come the fuck on. To top it off, first team there's a guy, Xragor or something stupid like that on my team who just keeps going 'lol symm' to me as if Im playing particularly bad or something, not even realizing someone's throwing the match. Next match he's on the other team and recognizes me and starts doing the same shit.

I've been really good about not tilting, but god damn these two people are the literal worst, fuck them.

PC?

Owzers

Why the fuck are there so many snipers on console? Every single match is Hanzo + Widowmaker + possibly Ana. I could have rose-tinted glasses about PC but this Xbox experience blows. I'm playing with a friend and I don't even understand it.
This kinda ruined qp for me, again, as it's always been ruined solo or duoq and was only fun when Gaf groups were made. Nothing like having a single healer Ana with one tank on the team and a hanzo and widow.

Definitely. Maybe I'll finally, actually play Persona again,
or Zelda
before the new map comes out

I watched john wick 2, good movie, I think its in-depth close quarters gun battles will improve my Reaper play.
I love those movies. But I don't agree with this sentiment.

HiiiLife

I hate to assume people use KB+M but it's my only excuse when you do a quick 180 into a grappling hook, 180 back to me as I'm dashing up in the air to you (as Genji), only to get a quick scope headshot on me. All while suspended in air.

I'm triggered.

randome

Holy crap making a smurf is where it's at. Placed so much better than my main account, what a relief. I'll probably make this my main. Honestly they need to rework the placement system.

LiK

Holy crap making a smurf is where it's at. Placed so much better than my main account, what a relief. I'll probably make this my main. Honestly they need to rework the placement system.

Probably why people want a hard reset. Cuz placements are a waste of time and using your MMR from all those early games when nobody knew what to do and there was stacking and coin flips etc, it's a mess compared to making a smurf and knowing what to do.

Azoor

Probably why people want a hard reset. Cuz placements are a waste of time and using your MMR from all those early games when nobody knew what to do and there was stacking and coin flips etc, it's a mess compared to making a smurf and knowing what to do.

Yeah, a hard reset system would be great, I hope the system won't be abusable.

I wish this game had automatic replays. Had the two best matches as Tracer of my life. First match I had 3x double kill with pulse bomb with a stick.
Second match 72 eliminations and the Zarya was bae and was communicating with me

Main account when I just started playing FPS after more than 15 years without playing it, mostly playing healers and tanks = always low gold, only managed to get to 2.7 by playing carry heroes like Zarya, as healer always hover 2.1-2.3

Alt account, mainly playing DPS (Tracer/Soldier) with flexing Winton/Zaya/Ana when required. Went from 2.2 to 2.950 in half a season.

my support stats

Zen - 42-22-1 (some unfortunate games yesterday to mess up my stats)
Lucio - 5-3
Ana - 0-5 (LOL RIP RIP)
Mercy - 1-1

Zarya - 2-0

_Legacy_

I haven't touched comp in a good amount of days now, been completely hooked on the Gwent beta.

I bought the Zarya skin, it was the only one I wanted but didn't get in a loot box. Left the Mei skin in the end, I still prefer her Chinese New Year one.

Top Bottom