• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

the really deadly thing about Tracer that nobody tells you about is that if you play her decent enough you can have her ult up most of the time and that's 2-3 kills easy. Gotdamn.

Also, as someone who is new at the game, fuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccck Genji people. Especially where there are two hunting together.

So aside from the odd assignments of SR points/reductions I do think that this season of competitive is more interesting than season 1. I really, really appreciate that there is no hero stacking, which will eliminate your Genji problem. There's nothing worse than getting stuck in a "joke" qp game where you end up facing off against 4 Harambes or 6 Bastions.

I like the balance between the serious competitive play and the super-casual quick play modes where I don't feel badly focusing on characters I'm not very experienced with.

Broke the floor on 2500 in the best way possible. 4 Golds in a solo que loss. I may just be bitter enough to ride this train all the way down. My terrible SR should give GAF some easier games when we group back up.

XaosWolf

Was playing for like 12 hours straight yesterday and another 5 tonight.

This game makes me rage harder than any other game but I just keep on playing because its fun and I don't suck at it but FUCK you Mei you piece of shit and that fucking Junkrat just will not die from a hook combo no matter what and I've fucking tried as I play junkrat plenty andthisfuckingMcCreecanaimthisissuchbullshitfuckMeiandReaperandtheirgetoutjailfreeabilites

...But GGs today in quickplay. Beat some level 200 premades and gave in to the darkside briefly and went full on Asshole Mei. =)

Mfw the guy who raged at my group last night for causing a loss replies that he picked Hanzo and played terribly because someone else picked Genji and played terribly.

668da4a3742d4b76b5e0f45272e15adb.png

Its just role locking and stupidity all the way down in Competitive......

finalflame

Alright I reinstalled.

And now playing at SR2350-2400 I am playing with the likes of " SK8RBO11" and " D3M0N1C4NG3L" . Hanzo/Widow, respectively.

Edit: Also " ALB1NOIB3AST".

why do I do this to myself =(

Trey

Good Symmetra thread on the Blizz forums: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749027913?page=1

So ever since Blizzard said that pretty much everyone is playing Sym wrong, I'm guessing people theorized or maybe Blizzard said she is supposed to be an "eyes everywhere" character because of her turrets.

Yeah you can provide call-outs, but why is she lacking the ability Hanzo and Widow have when it's basically the same thing? With randoms factored in it makes no sense for her to not have this, if this is the character you want her to be. This also makes her very defense oriented, how would she use this theoretical turret call-out ability on offense?

blizzard is wrong.

I can't see how they can be wrong about how a character is supposed to be played, a character that they designed.
Honest question from reading your posts; do you excuse Blizzard for everything? Sorry if you take it personally but I haven't seen you criticize them once. All of your criticism has come from criticizing criticisms.

Do you think there's anything the game does wrong/poorly?

Trey

I can't see how they can be wrong about how a character is supposed to be played, a character that they designed.

If the entire player base is playing her "wrong," blizzard failed in game design. Furthermore, the way they claim is the correct way - as a security camera character - has very low utility in a game all about team fights at choke points and designated areas. You already know the enemy is coming and where they're coming from.

Tovarisc

Why then her kit plays perfectly as area denial instead of intended "eyes everywhere" style? What that intended way of playing even means and how it's effective?

Honest question from reading your posts; do you excuse Blizzard for everything? Sorry if you take it personally but I haven't seen you criticize them once. All of your criticism has come from criticizing criticisms.

Do you think there's anything the game does wrong/poorly?
LMAO. This is about the stats shit isn't it? You literally just started this game and you act like you know my entire fucking post history. No, I don't kiss Blizzs ass. I think they've done a poor job at balancing the defense heroes and imo, 2CP and payload should be stopwatch.

So there, I don't agree with everything Blizzard says, you happy now?

All I said was that it'd be hard for Blizz to be wrong about a design that they made, I didn't say she was still fine.

Trey

Blizzard is very wrong about symmetra either way you look at it. She's bad in the current meta, and the way they said she's supposed to be played doesn't even make sense with respect to how overwatch plays period.

LMAO. This is about the stats shit isn't it? You literally just started this game and you act like you know my entire fucking post history. No, I don't kiss Blizzs ass. I think they've done a poor job at balancing the defense heroes and imo, 2CP and payload should be stopwatch.

So there, I don't agree with everything Blizzard says, you happy now?

All I said was that it'd be hard for Blizz to be wrong about a design that they made, I didn't say she was still fine.
I literally said it wasn't a personal attack and you got super defensive. But no it wasn't just about that, every post I've seen from you (no, not just the stats) has been defending them so it was a question.

Relax.

I literally said it wasn't a personal attack and you got super defensive. But no it wasn't just about that, every post I've seen from you (no, not just the stats) has been defending them so it was a question.

Relax.
You didn't say it wasn't a personal attack, you said don't take it personal.

Big difference.

Don't assume things about other people when you've barely been here.

Hanzo is definitely legit on console right now, especially on attack. GGs today Optimus, it's nice to try new things once in a while. That Ana/Zen combo in the first matches was really good :)

aeolist

Banned
rein has to be the most hit or miss character for me

i either get completely shit on or hulk out and beat everyone to death

luckily tonight was two games of the latter

Hanzo is definitely legit on console right now, especially on attack. GGs today Optimus, it's nice to try new things once in a while. That Ana/Zen combo in the first matches was really good :)
Yeah we had a good win streak going there, some great matches in there. Ana/Zen is a great combo. And yeah, Hanzo is fucking beast now.

But fuck that last match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom