• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fancolors

Honestly Sombra's stealth is done pretty well, and I don't think there'll be another stealth character for a long time, if at all.
Plus, I think that statement in regards to stealth was that it's hard to balance without making it also frustrating to play against (e.g. onehit kills ala Backstab).

But Sombra is absolutely nothing like the TF2 Spy. Seriously, I don't get why people look at Sombra having stealth and go "yup, exactly like the Spy", when they are about as different as stealth characters can be.
I was kidding. If anything she's closer to Skye from Paladins than the Spy

We need our version of the heavy, unless you think Zarya is the equivalent of that :p

Also, the Sombra is not that similar to the Spy

A closer heavy equivalent would be Bastion.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
lol if you're not topping healing with ana, you're doing something wrong

edit: walking into a 5 genji match (my team) late, instantly quit out of that. Fuck that. So close to never having to deal with that bullshit ever again.
I can barely get 3000 healing with Ana, meanwhile I can easily get 5000 with Lucio. I'm not even sure why, but I just don't understand how to be that good with Ana.

Shredderi

Once again fuck genji mains. I fucking hate how good that shitheel is when you put a few hours into him. We had two winstons just to fuck with him, the match itself be damned, but they couldn't even kill the fucker because he was some semi-pro level genji player. I fucking hate how many genji mains there are. Normally when looking at career profiles they have a rather large variety of characters with pretty even playtimes but genji is an outlier. There are so FUCKING many genji mains. Fuck you.

Fancolors

I can barely get 3000 healing with Ana, meanwhile I can easily get 5000 with Lucio. I'm not even sure why, but I just don't understand how to be that good with Ana.
Focus your tanks. Grenade for burst healing groups. Use your range to heal your flankers whenever it's possible.

Do this and you will regular get 8k+ in full length matches.

Tovarisc

And I can 11k in round as Mercy and still lose to Ana that 1st spot of healing done.

FeelsBadMan

Should I be pissed in a ranked match when I'm playing Mei for a full round (and do very well), and in the next match someone on my team insta-locks Mei in and takes her from me? I don't know why, but such a small thing pissed me off. Then this same person then starts telling other people who they need to be. I almost quit the match immediately, but tried not to let one ass ruin my night.

Focus your tanks. Grenade for burst healing groups. Use your range to heal your flankers whenever it's possible.

I don't know who you've been playing with, but I never have multiple people that are low on health group together for me to use a grenade. People also seem to be ignoring the skill aspect of using Ana. I often can't hit someone that's standing completely still right in front of me until after a couple tries.

Should I be pissed in a ranked match when I'm playing Mei for a full round (and do very well), and in the next match someone on my team insta-locks Mei in and takes her from me? I don't know why, but such a small thing pissed me off. Then this same person then starts telling other people who they need to be. I almost quit the match immediately, but tried not to let one ass ruin my night.

Should you be upset? Yes, that seems like an incredibly dumb and shitty thing to do, especially if they were playing a support or tank in the previous round. Probably not enough to quit over though.

Fancolors

I don't know who you've been playing with, but I never have multiple people that are low on health group together for me to use a grenade. People also seem to be ignoring the skill aspect of using Ana. I often can't hit someone that's standing completely still right in front of me until after a couple tries.

People won't group up in a neat line so that you can heal, you just throw the grenade when you see people dying and hopefully hit everyone mid teamfight. It's hardly the most optimal way of playing Ana, but that's about what you can do on solo queue.

And for the skill aspect, well, all I can say is to not rush your healing. Take your time to aim.

Ramirez

I am 1-8 today.

I'm just gonna keep playing because I prefer comp game rules. Think I'm just calling it with rank this season. So close to master, maybe next season.

I see no reason to stop unless you're the type of person that just loses all ability to play if you lose a lot. Solo que is complete luck of the draw, stopping or continuing won't matter in the long run.

People won't group up in a neat line so that you can heal, you just throw the grenade when you see people dying and hopefully hit everyone mid teamfight. It's hardly the most optimal way of playing Ana, but that's about what you can do on solo queue.

And for the skill aspect, well, all I can say is to not rush your healing. Take your time to aim.

...Aaaaand they're all dead.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Hmmm I will definitely try this. She's the one hero I really want to be better with.

And I can 11k in round as Mercy and still lose to Ana that 1st spot of healing done.

FeelsBadMan
Crazy isn't it? She can be so good, but I suck so hard!

AbaFadi

Banned
I am 1-8 today.

I'm just gonna keep playing because I prefer comp game rules. Think I'm just calling it with rank this season. So close to master, maybe next season.

You should run 3-man groups. One designated DPS, one tank, and one support. That's what I usually do. At least you'll have one of each category covered.

Weekend Overwatch in full effect.

Ah, so that's it. I'm probably 2 and 6 today, including 3 in a row just now. That's when I had to say, OK, I'm off my game and not going to be helpful.

As much as I'd like to try to get more wins in competitive for an Ana golden gun sometime, I think I'm mostly done with competitive this season too. I only made it to 2260ish but I don't see getting to Platinum this season anyway, and with the end of hero stacking QP is looking much better.

Skii

I've finally realised why I've been doing so bad on PC.

There's something wrong with my mouse mat that causes me to stop abruptly whenever my mouse goes over a certain part of it. I've wiped it down but it still happens. Going to have to buy a new one because it completely fucking up my mobility and general aim.

Should be getting a new one tomorrow. With that sorted, I can finally achieve Grandmaster.

I don't know about y'all but I am super over the Ana-Reinhardt meta. I see it in almost every round now on casual and it is no fun to play against, especially as a Tracer main.

There's something wrong with my mouse mat that causes me to stop abruptly whenever my mouse goes over a certain part of it. I've wiped it down but it still happens. Going to have to buy a new one because it completely fucking up my mobility and general aim.

Should be getting a new one tomorrow. With that sorted, I can finally achieve Grandmaster.
What kind of mouse do you have? I had a Razer one that did this and it was an issue with the mouse itself; some kind of firmware problem. I had to return it.

I am 1-8 today.

I just lost my first game since making this post. I started the day at 3399 fell to 3250 and just lost one game away from master at 3470 (was on a huge winning streak so I definitely would've gotten it) really sucks that I only needed one more.

Now I'm at 3450 and I'm gonna try to win two in a row. If I lose one more though I'm out.

Salvaged the day though.

komaruR

I don't know about y'all but I am super over the Ana-Reinhardt meta. I see it in almost every round now on casual and it is no fun to play against, especially as a Tracer main.

What kind of mouse do you have? I had a Razer one that did this and it was an issue with the mouse itself; some kind of firmware problem. I had to return it.

think only the razer deathadder is good. the mamba has a bad sensor.
Rocket Jump Ninja this youtuber has a lot of good mice reviews

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay so I'm seeing basically 2+ tanks on the enemy team every single game I play these days, and I'm having trouble dealing with them. Good strategies for taking down Roadhog/Rein/Dva?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Once again fuck genji mains. I fucking hate how good that shitheel is when you put a few hours into him. We had two winstons just to fuck with him, the match itself be damned, but they couldn't even kill the fucker because he was some semi-pro level genji player. I fucking hate how many genji mains there are. Normally when looking at career profiles they have a rather large variety of characters with pretty even playtimes but genji is an outlier. There are so FUCKING many genji mains. Fuck you.

The only real answer to this is unfortunately...

git gud.

If someone dumps 80+ hours into a character, they should be able to deal with people who've only played with a character for under 30 hours, so to say. Just based on experience with the character and all the match-ups. Also if you really hate Genji, get really good with Roadhog. Bait out deflects and try to hook right as it goes down (however, if I see a patient roadhog, I just dash away mid deflect to try and avoid the impending hook).

i'm a genji main

random:

Sombra hard counters Widowmaker is what I feel. Can go invisible, reach all the crazy spots Widowmakers like to hang out at, and will just hack her to disable her grappling hook. Pretty much a freebie.

ISOM

The only real answer to this is unfortunately...

git gud.

If someone dumps 80+ hours into a character, they should be able to deal with people who've only played with a character for under 30 hours, so to say. Just based on experience with the character and all the match-ups. Also if you really hate Genji, get really good with Roadhog. Bait out deflects and try to hook right as it goes down (however, if I see a patient roadhog, I just dash away mid deflect to try and avoid the impending hook).

i'm a genji main

random:

Sombra hard counters Widowmaker is what I feel. Can go invisible, reach all the crazy spots Widowmakers like to hang out at, and will just hack her to disable her grappling hook. Pretty much a freebie.

Doesn't Widowmaker also hard counter Sombra with her wallhacks?

I've been using voice chat a lot more in my soloQ games and most of the time it really helps coordinate ulti's and what not.

But holy hell, i just finished the most toxic game i've ever had. We were getting stomped and some dude was just lashing out to everybody. After a while it even became worse since he started throwing out racial slurs to one of our team members who had a really deep voice.

I was pretty amazed at myself seeing how fast i started lashing back at the guy, making it only worse. Not the best strategy for sure.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Had an amazing POTG worthy moment as Ana on the last point on King's Row, where I nanoboosted a teammate, took out two enemies one of which was a McCree who high nooned and was practically staring at me, I even threw a heal/piss jar at my teammates after. Didn't even get a highlight ._.

I am 1-8 today.

I just lost my first game since making this post. I started the day at 3399 fell to 3250 and just lost one game away from master at 3470 (was on a huge winning streak so I definitely would've gotten it) really sucks that I only needed one more.

Now I'm at 3450 and I'm gonna try to win two in a row. If I lose one more though I'm out.

Salvaged the day though.

won Route 66 then got fucking Hanamura :( lost 30 points for that loss....

What a crazy day, haven't played that much in so long, and could not be more polar opposite from this morning to this afternoon. Anyone know if you can show the 'trend' bar on Overwatch for a certain day instead of the whole week? I'd love to see my huge valley then huge jump back up.

Overall went +45 and set a new season high. Overbuff says I went 9-9 but there was a ton of hero switching and that usually confuses that site. Still couldn't hit master though :/

Skii

I'm pretty sure it's not the mouse because it works fine at the top of the mat. But in the middle where I normally move it for use, it just gets stuck right in the middle.

I would have noticed that immediately, damn. Sounds completely maddening.

I knew something was off but I chalked it down to screen tearing due to the uncapped frame rate. I just thought it was the image that wasn't smooth, not my mouse movement. But it got bad enough that it's really impacting my play as Genji and McCree. With Reaper, you can kinda deal with it.

ISOM

Had an amazing POTG worthy moment as Ana on the last point on King's Row, where I nanoboosted a teammate, took out two enemies one of which was a McCree who high nooned and was practically staring at me, I even threw a heal/piss jar at my teammates after. Didn't even get a highlight ._.

Piss jar? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom