• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blizzard announced the Nexus Challenge recently which unlocks some skins for Overwatch if you play a certain number of games in Heroes of the Storm soon. Is this a PC only thing or will there be a way to unlock the skins on console if you play Heroes on PC?

aeolist

Banned
Blizzard announced the Nexus Challenge recently which unlocks some skins for Overwatch if you play a certain number of games in Heroes of the Storm soon. Is this a PC only thing or will there be a way to unlock the skins on console if you play Heroes on PC?

it's probably pc only since your account doesn't sync unlocks between console and pc

fhqwhgads

Can confirm you can link accounts, I've done it with my PSN. Here's hoping a data transfer between the console/PC versions of the game will come in future.

Satch

Banned
omg the voice actor panel video, mei's voice actress is so sweet

i almost feel bad for hating mei based on that alone

Worst fucking luck ever today. Ending in me just getting one of my best Tracer games ever and getting absolutely stomped.

0-6 god damn.

Fuck it. I'm gonna keep going. Free fall baby.

You can link the two accounts together. I've been told that's how console players can get the Bastion skin.

Indeed, and that's all official from Blizzard as well:
To redeem Overwatch in-game content for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, players must link their Battle.net account to a PlayStation Network® account or Xbox Live® account respectively. For more information on account linking, visit https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/linking-your-battlenet-account-on-consoles.

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/news/20288667/get-a-sneak-peek-at-the-blizzcon-2016-in-game-goodies

It stands to reason Oni Genji will be unlocked the same way.

Heard some of backstory for Oasis map, sounds a lot like Mercy's home map.

She IS stationed in the Middle East during the Recall animated short (which also has Reinhardt in Greenland and Torbjörn in Russia; though the latter might be that fictional Eastern country from his comic maybe), so Oasis might potentially be where she was working at the time.
That said, I still believe we'll get the ruined Overwatch HQ in Switzerland at some point in the future, and that might be Mercy's home map. Oasis sounds like something they might want to have a new hero for.

ISOM

eh, I should have done that, but you know, "one last game, let's see if I can get lucky"

around the fifteenth loss I entered a hypnotic state of incredulity and just kept playing to see how low I could sink. And I sank

I've been there before. You just become numb to it and decide let's see how far I can fall. Bad times :(

demented

I've seen that happen on both sides too. It's usually overconfidence and being too aggressive and the other team making some counter-picks.

I just had a crazy match where there was almost no defense at all until the end when we lost. Gibraltar in competitive; they roll right over us with a little over a minute left. Then we do the same but with over two minutes left on the clock. It goes to extra rounds; we start defending OK but then it goes to overtime with them a little short of the first point. They take it all the way from there in overtime. We didn't even come close in round 4.

Yep, everyone stays the same hero usually (I'm healer so no need to change really from lucio on those maps) and we get countered for example by pharah usually and by time someone counter picks it's over. But trying to get that point across is harder than actually winning the game.

Meis voice actor aounds so nice.
Mei still bae.
Always.

After my fall from 2847 to the 2600's, I can't get any consistent games. Win, loss, win, loss, loss, win, win. Not to mention I keep gaining/losing 30-ish SR for each game meaning my rank is at a standstill. I had a fantastic game on Temple of Anubis last night. My team took both points fast and held off the enemy team from even touching the first. From that I go to a game on King's Row where no one helps me tank and the other team rolled right through us.

Today was just as much as a mixed bag.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
even kaplan knows their game would be so much better if they didnt have snipers, but they have to have snipers to sell the game to all the 1337snip3rs

Skii

even kaplan knows their game would be so much better if they didnt have snipers, but they have to have snipers to sell the game to all the 1337snip3rs

I'm hoping when the time comes, they realise their mistake and get rid of Widow, Hanzo and Torb. Absolutely awful characters that have no place in this game.

I am 1-8 today.

I'm just gonna keep playing because I prefer comp game rules. Think I'm just calling it with rank this season. So close to master, maybe next season.

DevilDog

Just like he knew how much better the game would be without a stealth character. Amirite?

There is no problem with stealth characters in general. Certain things made them hard to balance, like the TF2 spy. They've managed to avoid all of them however.

I am 1-8 today.

I'm just gonna keep playing because I prefer comp game rules. Think I'm just calling it with rank this season. So close to master, maybe next season.

I'm 1 for my last 14 in comp. Was so close to diamond and everything just fell apart and went into freefall. Hopefully we both find success next season.

Just like he knew how much better the game would be without a stealth character. Amirite?

Honestly Sombra's stealth is done pretty well, and I don't think there'll be another stealth character for a long time, if at all.
Plus, I think that statement in regards to stealth was that it's hard to balance without making it also frustrating to play against (e.g. onehit kills ala Backstab).

We more or less got all the tf2 Mercy, might as well bring the spy to complete the roster.

But Sombra is absolutely nothing like the TF2 Spy. Seriously, I don't get why people look at Sombra having stealth and go "yup, exactly like the Spy", when they are about as different as stealth characters can be.

I am 1-8 today.

Same thing happened to me, lost like 350 points over the past week after being on the verge of master for so long, decided enough of comp for this season for me. But ended up still playing and am somewhat rebuilding, currently 3260, but that still feels so far away seeing how much work is needed to win as opposed to losing lol. I guess the best way to put it is:

undertaker-sitting-up1.gif

You'll keep playing just watch :p

DevilDog

But Sombra is absolutely nothing like the TF2 Spy. Seriously, I don't get why people look at Sombra having stealth and go "yup, exactly like the Spy", when they are about as different as stealth characters can be.

People like putting things in buckets. Sombra is part of the "TF2 spy" bucket. Then, they can have an opinion on stuff they haven't thought through.

Apathy

hes not wrong. bad widows, which is like 99% of widows, make your team be shorthanded. A bad any other class is at least a body to sit on the point, can maybe splash damage. Just had a match on volskaya where a widow on attack was so bad, never hitting anything, kept staying scoped even when she had opponents in her face.

we might as well have been 5v6

Today I dived from my season average of 2500 (got unlucky and placed 400 points lower than all the people I've been playing with since summer) and fell all the way to 2240. At this point, I'm just accepting it. I sat there on the payload as Lucio or Ana, outplaying 5 other enemies and surviving, but even playing the best games of your life can't carry a whole team to victory, especially as a support. Forget greatness, all I can do is just play the game the best I can, win or lose.

All day, all I could think of was:

"The world called for heroes, and I answered. No greater good. No just cause. Blizzard sent me to hell, but I'm going even deeper."

TheExodu5

Banned
lol if you're not topping healing with ana, you're doing something wrong

edit: walking into a 5 genji match (my team) late, instantly quit out of that. Fuck that. So close to never having to deal with that bullshit ever again.

Maybe it's just my tier of games...usually my team is topped up since there's usually a Lucio and I spend half my time DPSing.

By the way, after the Blizzcon panels I've watched, I'm actually pretty happy with the Overwatch team. That Widowmaker clip is just one of those things that show why.

The other games' teams (at least from what I've watched) were all super official and shit, but the Overwatch crew was really casual, and really aware about the community and how it perceives certain things, which is great, because that means that they are paying attention to us.

Maybe it's just my tier of games...usually my team is topped up since there's usually a Lucio and I spend half my time DPSing.

Lucio should not outheal you as a general rule of thumb, unless your other players are so good that they only take minimal damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom