• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
time to give up the game a bit. Hit a 25 losing streak today, went from 2149 to 1716, kinda disheartening actually

Strootman

I dont get why the fuck this game throw you out of the match if you're having a bit of lag. It happened at the beginning of the match and now I can't rejoin and got a penality.

I'm also on a losing streak, Goddamn it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This Barbie Hacker tho.
gHMfo82.gif

AngryMoth

In addition to nerfing Mei's ult charge one change I wish they'd make is have her voice line be slightly earlier so it's possible to kill her on reaction before she throws out the projectile. It's frustrating to insta-kill her as soon as you her "dong zhu" but still get frozen. Same for Zarya's ult actually

Tovarisc

In addition to nerfing Mei's ult charge one change I wish they'd make is have her voice line be slightly earlier so it's possible to kill her on reaction before she throws out the projectile. It's frustrating to insta-kill her as soon as you her "dong zhu" but still get frozen. Same for Zarya's ult actually

"MY MINIONS NEVER DIE!"

"Now where was that thing... oh here"

and 4 seconds later ult has been triggered.

Skyzard

Banned
What is it with all these attack lucios?

Front of the line, getting into trouble instead of just keeping line of sight to team mates. Keep having to waste zarya shields on them, and then they just hit their ult when being chased by one enemy.

It's as instant as the ult itself. What you're really asking for is to add a delay to Resurrection, which I would personally be okay with.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Q: "Sometimes my SR gain is weak unless I get a good winstreak going. What's up with that?"
A: "We'll have a competitive practice gamemode going in between seasons (basically normal games with competitive rulesets). We screwed up in S2 with SR, in placements. Our skillratings are supposed to be a bellcurve, but it's too compact of a bellcurve. We put too many into plat rather than gold or silver. We'll be moving a lot of players lower. The reason why your SR gains might be skewed is because the system is trying to move you to where it thinks you belong, and this happened more because of misplaced players. For S3, our plan is to recalibrate and redistribute wider along the bellcurve. The fourth time's the charm!"
This will end well.
Q: "If a Symmetra's teleporter is on the side, it can function as a jumppad!"
A: "We actually had some kit ideas that had a jumppad, but we were like "Now what" once we put those down. We're looking at Symmetra's rework and once we started tackling her issue we realized it was harder than we thought. Her biggest issues are:
How fun is she? Her shield ability is/was powerful, but it's not fun or interactive.
We'll see people play Symmetra a lot in some situations and then won't play her outside of those scenarios. We're looking at making her more viable across various maps and roles."
A: "We want to see how players react with the jumppad we add, and if players like it, we might look at adding some more."
"We have no idea wha to do with her." (IMO)
Q: "Killfeed improvements like what weapon killed person?"
A: "We're working on it currently to improve it and show what killed the person exactly and include stuff like Mercy's res. That will also help with the e-sport."
Q: "Can we see more info like damage numbers when we hit our opponents?"
A: "We had that programmed into the game in a very early version but at some point it's always the question on how much info do you need and if it just clutters the screen."
UI tweaks are always welcome.

pizzacat

Banned
tumblr_og5t9jBOpf1qfss1jo1_1280.jpg

Why are those top two so much better than final :/

Damn you Blizz...

After this and the Sombra ones I'm convinced that if I saw a concept art page for all 23 characters I'd want a previous scrapped version more than what we got for every one of them.
Top ones is super overdesigned stop

time to give up the game a bit. Hit a 25 losing streak today, went from 2149 to 1716, kinda disheartening actually

This is almost exactly what happened to me. I started at 2055 and had a losing streak down to 1770. That was about 2 weeks ago. I got my witch Mercy skin and decided to take a break. Feels good now. I'm excited about jumping back in with the new changes this week.

xaosslug

Damn you Blizz...

After this and the Sombra ones I'm convinced that if I saw a concept art page for all 23 characters I'd want a previous scrapped version more than what we got for every one of them.

the top 2, especially the one that's not colored look a mess. Ew.

AngryMoth

It's as instant as the ult itself. What you're really asking for is to add a delay to Resurrection, which I would personally be okay with.
Well with Mei and Zarya the voice line to call out the ult begins at the same time they launch the projectile, unless I'm mistaken? So what I mean is it would be nice if they didn't launch it until halfway through the voice line or something so you can take them out before they get the it off.

Tovarisc

This is almost exactly what happened to me. I started at 2055 and had a losing streak down to 1770. That was about 2 weeks ago. I got my witch Mercy skin and decided to take a break. Feels good now. I'm excited about jumping back in with the new changes this week.

Only if you plan to play on PTR.

Well with Mei and Zarya the voice line to call out the ult begins at the same time they launch the projectile, unless I'm mistaken? So what I mean is it would be nice if they didn't launch it until halfway through the voice line or something so you can take them out before they get the it off.

They shoot it the instant you press the button.

zoukka

4Glugin.png

After dropping to 2000 my slow climb finally got me back to my placement range. Mostly played Ana. I had some dark times with the game but now it feelsgoodman.

mollipen

Genji and Mercy

You shut your damned mouth and you shut it now.

After dropping to 2000 my slow climb finally got me back to my placement range. Mostly played Ana. I had some dark times with the game but now it feelsgoodman.

I was 67 point away from 2500, and then I had two games in a row where we'd get the point to 99% and then completely blow it. Finally back up to 2457 I think. It's utter torture being so, so close and being afraid to enter every single game.

Blues1990

I love that Mei's voice actress loves the movie Frozen, & that she wants to record a line about "I'm just trying to help...." whenever the character creates a misplaced ice wall. I would be happy if they could incorporate that into the game, as that'd be pretty hilarious.

Although with all that talk about trying to be as authentic with their characters nationalities, Torbjorn is still the sore thumb that sticks out.

Debating on name changing to KRUSHER99 and playing hanzo only

I jokingly thought of the idea of creating a new account with exclusively playing Reaper, & my Battle.net name would be 'xxDarkBladeOfFirexx'

zoukka

I was 67 point away from 2500, and then I had two games in a row where we'd get the point to 99% and then completely blow it. Finally back up to 2457 I think. It's utter torture being so, so close and being afraid to enter every single game.

Yeah I've been close to it many times. This time I wasn't even expecting it since we had a guy playing torb and hanzo back to back, somehow we did it with a crazy clutch push where I used anaboost at the same time I died and ended up getting the point.

Let's see if my steady climb can continue higher!

Azoor

You shut your damned mouth and you shut it now.

You want Pharmercy so bad, don't you ? :p

Tovarisc

I love that Mei's voice actress loves the movie Frozen, & that she wants to record a line about "I'm just trying to help...." whenever the character creates a misplaced ice wall. I would be happy if they could incorporate that into the game, as that'd be pretty hilarious'

All actors delivered good lines for their characters. Hopefully all or even some of those get recorded and put in.

Satch

Banned

Damn you Blizz...

are you nuts

Damn you Blizz...

I disagree with the top ones.
That said, I definitely like the Sky Wario in the bottom right.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Why didn't you stop?

eh, I should have done that, but you know, "one last game, let's see if I can get lucky"

around the fifteenth loss I entered a hypnotic state of incredulity and just kept playing to see how low I could sink. And I sank

TheExodu5

Banned
So I did my placements 2 days ago. Landed at 2583 which was probably too high. Had a really, really bad streak and ended up around 1700.

I finally found my calling, however. Tracer would have been my main, but since there's always need for a healer, I decided to go Ana a few time. Really getting the hang of it and she's just fantastic all around. Great heals, survivability, a tide turning disable, and pretty decent damage. She's just really fun to play and it feels like I always have something to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom