• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im cool with any new hero they release, i just dont want to be dragged through an ARG campaign for months again.

Jeff pls
They said you won't be.
Aww yiss!! Thank you dad!

iconic!
ZgTJlug.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dva is still played quite a bit.

Her demise was greatly exaggerated.

Now she can't just dive into any DPS and basically take them out by sitting on them, but smart dva plays still win games.

finalflame

Just a question for the black overwatch players. Do you find the new character to be culturally insensitive? Like her clothes and the face paint? Or is that a thing? People on the official forums complaining about it and also people calling her 'ugly' which to me is just because she has very clearly African facial features and they are just a bunch of hateful little bastards. The cultural thing though, I have no reference point being white as fuck myself. Is this something that might offended people of a particular ancestry?

Your first mistake is listening/reading anything written on the official Blizzard forums. Seriously, it is a toxic shithole, don't bother with it. Reddit/GAF communities for OW are much more sensible places.

Why does comp off season have no backfill? Blizzard is always ruining fun stuff with horrible decisions

Because the ruleset is the exact same as comp on season, no modifications.

rulerk1

I know but they could at least do backfill. Ppl just leave whenever shit goes down or they get killed suddenly. Games are ghost towns man :(

finalflame

Summary of all my QP games since the off-season started:
The enemy team is running a meta comp with a pro Widow that hits all her headshots while my team is running one healer (me) and 5 DPS, all of which seem to actually be lab monkeys with half their brains missing.

I don't have any fucking fun when I'm just getting constantly steamrolled in this game.

I know but they could at least do backfill. Ppl just leave whenever shit goes down or they get killed suddenly. Games are ghost towns man :(

Yah...off season is rough. I might just not play until S4.

ISOM

Summary of all my QP games since the off-season started:
The enemy team is running a meta comp with a pro Widow that hits all her headshots while my team is running one healer (me) and 5 DPS, all of which seem to actually be lab monkeys with half their brains missing.

I don't have any fucking fun when I'm just getting constantly steamrolled in this game.

Yah...off season is rough. I might just not play until S4.

I think the server browser will fix this. You have someone create a server where you can only do 2-2-2 with no Symmetra or Torb in it. And problem solved for offseason play. I would gladly play on a server like that.

Skii

Tried out off season comp and it's actually worse than normal. No one is trying so you are getting these terrible comps. I'm not helping by instalocking Genji but I wanted to use this time to practice him in a competitive environment but it's impossible when both teams are throwing lol.

Blues1990

Tried out off season comp and it's actually worse than normal. No one is trying so you are getting these terrible comps. I'm not helping by instalocking Genji but I wanted to use this time to practice him in a competitive environment but it's impossible when both teams are throwing lol.

I'm surprised it hasn't devolved into both teams using sitting emotes, chilling, and shooting the shit.

PatjuhR

I was around 2300-2400 last weeks and if you'd ask me now which heroes I ran into to most I remember a lot of S76, Roadhog and D.VA. And that D.VA was very annoying when she was harrassing the healers from behind.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Genji can pretty much deflect anything that DVa's D.Matrix can eat.

I saw a gif somewhere of a genji reflecting both a Zarya ult + Tracer pulse bomb to get a potg.

Veelk

Banned

I saw a gif somewhere of a genji reflecting both a Zarya ult + Tracer pulse bomb to get a potg.

Can D.Va eat Soldier's regen field?

Because I think it should. Genji can reflect it, after all.

Off-season is just a way to get into longer quick play matches. Fantastic.

I don't mind it. I honestly feel like there should be an Unranked Competitive mode, for when people want to still play competitively but want to take a break from Comp and the stress of possibly losing SR.

also since QP is pretty much a shithole unless your hidden MR is Diamond - grandmasters

exYle

One time I was playing with Vault Dweller as Mei and he had ult twice - one eaten by D.Va and the other reflected by Genji

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
DVa eating Soldier's healing field would just make Soldier even more sad about fighting DVa. :(

Any time DVa eats my Graviton Surge, I get a heavy case of the sads. :(

:( I get a light case of the sads whenever DVa eats my helix rocket.

Heavy case is when I have nanovisor and then DVa shows up unexpectedly.

I'm surprised it hasn't devolved into both teams using sitting emotes, chilling, and shooting the shit.

Soldier stomps current DVa

Being able to eat his health would be nice at least

You ever activate Tac Visor only to have D.Va walk behind you and eat it all with D.M?

The first time it happened to me I couldn't help but laugh. The range on D.M is wide enough for it to work apparently.

Soldier's healing field is the most OP thing about him, honestly. Some duels with some heroes, when he drops that thing and you've already burned a cooldown, it's like, "Look at the time, gotta bail, see ya at the next fight."

Soldier's healing field is the most OP thing about him, honestly. Some duels with some heroes, when he drops that thing and you've already burned a cooldown, it's like, "Look at the time, gotta bail, see ya at the next fight."

It really needs the nerf hammer, it needs to be an interactive object so he just can't deploy it anywhere and actually get repercussion for carelessly putting it in the middle of a fight, needs to be forced to be used in a more strategic way.

randome

I played Mercy last night and thought it was actually ridiculously fun. Is she considered a good healer/character? I really felt like I made a huge difference for our team.

finalflame

I played Mercy last night and thought it was actually ridiculously fun. Is she considered a good healer/character? I really felt like I made a huge difference for our team.

Ana is better if you can aim. Remains to be seen where she stands when PTR changes go live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom