• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plesiades

So... there's a lot of speculation that the new hero is actually a spider tank of some sorts. I really hope they do something weird, instead of a humanoid character.

KarmaCow

They're still sticking to the "Release one thing a month" schedule right? So we might actually get a new character next month?

That's the speculation. On the PTR they used the music from the original reveal trailer centered around Doomfist's gauntlet and people found the broken Numbani payload model with the gauntlet missing, and now with the in-universe interview teasing something. Also Sombra came out ~4months ago and Ana was ~4 months before that. PAX East is also in a few weeks but I don't remember if Blizzard has a presence there.

Veelk

Banned
Just played a mystery game with a couple of people from gaf. Most of the match consisted of us vs three D.vas', two Lucios', and an Ana. Needless to say
933792cbff084a60.gif
This is what I love/hate about mystery heroes. It's a game mode entirely dedicated to the rng.

I had a game where we held the last point for nearly the entire time. I was Zenyatta, we had 2 Torbs, a widowmaker, and I don't remember the other two but nothing useful.

Enemy team's final spawn had 4 Dva's. It was a slaughter.

overcast

Goddamn competitive off season is TRASH. People quit and there is nobody to fill slots.

I'm gonna go play something else till season 4.

ISOM

This is what I love/hate about mystery heroes. It's a game mode entirely dedicated to the rng.

I had a game where we held the last point for nearly the entire time. I was Zenyatta, we had 2 Torbs, a widowmaker, and I don't remember the other two but nothing useful.

Enemy team's final spawn had 4 Dva's. It was a slaughter.

Yeah that's why I've kinda stepped away from Mystery Heroes. The rng hit me for like 4 games straight. Like our team would have a shit comp while the other team would have two soldiers/healers and a tank. Like fuck that. I think Blizzard should institute something to where the rng doesn't stack multiple heroes.

antitrop

Yeah that's why I've kinda stepped away from Mystery Heroes. The rng hit me for like 4 games straight. Like our team would have a shit comp while the other team would have two soldiers/healers and a tank. Like fuck that. I think Blizzard should institute something to where the rng doesn't stack multiple heroes.

Ya, just like every other game mode, MH would also benefit from preventing hero stacking.

I looooooove having 3 Lucios!

Backlogger

I wish they had kept the Capture the Flag game mode...

So final season score was

Season high 2534
Season end 2534
9 hours played
24 wins
Top three characters played were
Symmetra 2 hrs
Soldier 76 1 hr
Junkrat 1 hr

All solo queue

iosa

I couldn't play an other game so I ended up at 2493 which is my season & career high on PC. Didn't really play much competitive though.

I think I'll try harder for season 4.

Operation Keep The Gold Portrait Widow Alive
EDIT: We won

I had a game once with 2 tank (DVa, Roadhog) 4 support (Zen, Lucio, Ana, Symm).

It's actually really powerfull.

Permanently A

So... there's a lot of speculation that the new hero is actually a spider tank of some sorts. I really hope they do something weird, instead of a humanoid character.

The leak is pretty convincing, especially since they said the next hero wouldn't be Doomfist.

Most interesting part is that they described Anchora as a "rallying point". We don't have a tank that uses auras yet, so I'm guessing she could dispense healing and shields based on aura.

adamy

Banned
need advise on which flex hero to learn next

I play comp with a 6 man party 90% of the time depending who is online

typically or comp looks like this

Zarya/Rein/Roadhog or Dva/Tracer or Soldier/Zen or Mercy/Lucio

I'm the Lucio. I played Lucio prolly 99% of season 3.

we have 2 mercy mains who are pretty damn good, one can flex as Zen but it is nothing amazing

is it worth me learning Ana if that means our team will be without a Lucio? giving our healing options, the fact that I'm our only Lucio, and no one else will likely learn Ana?

Lucio just seems so valuable I'm having trouble playing another healer over him. Especially given Ana's learning curve.

we only have 2 people who play Rein and they aren't on as often as the rest of us so maybe Rein would be a good one to pick up?

Jellie

need advise on which flex hero to learn next

I play comp with a 6 man party 90% of the time depending who is online

typically or comp looks like this

Zarya/Rein/Roadhog or Dva/Tracer or Soldier/Zen or Mercy/Lucio

I'm the Lucio. I played Lucio prolly 99% of season 3.

we have 2 mercy mains who are pretty damn good, one can flex as Zen but it is nothing amazing

is it worth me learning Ana if that means our team will be without a Lucio? giving our healing options, the fact that I'm our only Lucio, and no one else will likely learn Ana?

Lucio just seems so valuable I'm having trouble playing another healer over him. Especially given Ana's learning curve.

we only have 2 people who play Rein and they aren't on as often as the rest of us so maybe Rein would be a good one to pick up?
Learn Ana and teach your other support to lucio. Playing ana will let your rein be much more aggressive since they know you can heal them.

Just a question for the black overwatch players. Do you find the new character to be culturally insensitive? Like her clothes and the face paint? Or is that a thing? People on the official forums complaining about it and also people calling her 'ugly' which to me is just because she has very clearly African facial features and they are just a bunch of hateful little bastards. The cultural thing though, I have no reference point being white as fuck myself. Is this something that might offended people of a particular ancestry?

ISOM

Just a question for the black overwatch players. Do you find the new character to be culturally insensitive? Like her clothes and the face paint? Or is that a thing? People on the official forums complaining about it and also people calling her 'ugly' which to me is just because she has very clearly African facial features and they are just a bunch of hateful little bastards. The cultural thing though, I have no reference point being white as fuck myself. Is this something that might offended people of a particular ancestry?

Can you link to the post you're referring to? I have no idea what you're talking about.

PatjuhR

Yesterday actually lost a game because of ult-building.

I dropped into low 2300 or something and was reunited with the REIN, Bastion and Mercy comby, me being the Mercy. We were playing D on Anubis. Everything was going well. We had a Symmetra blocking the path to the right for the attackers. And the Bastion was killing everything and keeping us updated on his ult-building.

The moment that Bastion got his ult he used it and pushed straight forward only to be killed the moment he turned the corner after the gate. We get overrun and lose the point.

And he did the exact same thing when we were defending point B. I'm fairly sure we would've won that game if Bastion was the only hero without an ult.

ISOM

Sure. It's not just this post though, although this one seems to articulate the sentiment best. There are several posts and threads about this right on the front page.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753339078?page=2

It seems overblown to me. Sure she isn't winning any beauty contest but I don't think she's exaggerated much/ugly either. As for the cultural insensitivity, you could argue the same for Pharah. So it's kind of pointless imo. It also is a single concept art so I'd have to see more to really get a good picture of what she will look like.

LiK

I'm not black either but i find her character design to be quite cute. Are they seriously calling a 11 year old character 'ugly'? These people sound like assholes.

Sure. It's not just this post though, although this one seems to articulate the sentiment best. There are several posts and threads about this right on the front page.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753339078?page=2

On the forums you need people to get a bit of distance/time + perspective. I mean when the Christmas comic came out there were pages upon pages of threads outraged that Tracer is a lesbian...some of the complaints this time are probably racist, but most probably aren't but more of the opinion that every character needs to be physically attractive. Roadhog needs some loving...

It seems overblown to me. Sure she isn't winning any beauty contest but I don't think she's exaggerated much either. As for the cultural insensitivity, you could argue the same for Pharah. So it's kind of pointless imo. It also is a single concept art so I'd have to see more to really get a good picture of what she will look like.

Everything's always overblown on the Blizzard Forums...I don't think they're that far removed from Bioware's, back in the day.

I'm not black either but i find her character design to be quite cute. Are they seriously calling a 11 year old character 'ugly'? These people sound like assholes.
You haven't spent much time on the official forums, I see. Yes people are outright calling her ugly and then swearing up and down it's not because of her ethnicity or the fact that she's a female. A little odd then, that people didn't make threads complaining about junkrat offending their senses with his long, distended features and ghastly smile/big nose but hey, they are having an intense debate over the attractiveness of an 11 year old girl soooo

cultural insensitivity complaints may be legit as the game has been having those pretty much since reveal lmao

but yeah i'm gunna go ahead and assume that anyone calling her ugly is doing so because she's a black woman.

NeoRaider

Anchora sounds so cool to me. I really hope that all this is true.
I need one interesting and fun tank to replace D.Va in my life. Or maybe there will be enough space for both of them.

Ramirez

Had a Genji reflect a Hanzo ult in a hallway on Oasis last night and kill 4 of us. Upon respawn, the Hanzo emotes "Remember this moment". lol

Cappa

Banned

Im considered a minority statistically, not black though, but I find those comments are more people trying to troll and spark controversy where there isnt any.

Its like people saying Lucio isn´t black because hes Brazilian which is absolutely stupid to me.

Ambient80

yeah, it's pretty cool although i can count on one hand the number of times i've seen it

Yeah I think I've only seen it a few times. Once our Genji reflected it and while he didn't get any kills (maybe just Hanzo) he absolutely saved our team cause we were stuck in a Zarya ult.

On Hanamura defense, I fired off Reinhardt's E to zone/do a little damage...it wen through their Reinhardt and came back at me deflected by their Genji. I'd never seen that and just took the damage out of respect...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom