• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoje0308

Banned
Does this thing save progress? I played for like 10 mins last night.

Just wondering

There's what looks like a save notification at the bottom right on your screen when you loop. I know I can load back to the last section, but not if the game saves everything.

This made me laugh though. You're probably just out of the house but I read it as, "I don't want to have to replay ten minutes of that game or find out if it saved for myself, because I'm all out of nopes."

Cutwolf

I can't play this game more than about 30 seconds at a time. I feel like such a wuss. But I can't do it.

I downloaded first thing this morning and just got into the bathroom.

WITHE1982

Watched the guy streaming go through it twice and then copied exactly what he did but still couldn't get the phone to ring. It seems completely random.

I give up. hopefully someone will figure out a pattern tomorrow.

Jabba

Banned
So lets think of this like a puzzle. The developers made the answer so complicated they figured it would take a week to solve. And yet the method to solve it is easy enough to stumble into it by accident. This means that whatever the sequence is, the way to solve it is simply walking around, looking at stuff, and being at the right place at the right time. The question is what is that sequence, what governs it?

Seeing that people who have beaten it multiple times have not been able to replicate it with the same steps means what occurred before the infinite loop means nothing. Since you load at the infinite loop and it cant be solved the same way twice, there is no reason to assume what you did before that influences the final loop.

Whatever the solution is, it is solvable from that point forward. I believe Kojima and company wanted this to last days where the whole community would come together to solve it by looking at the clues. I think because many have accidentally beat it the community as a whole is ignoring all the clues on the screen. Maybe if we translate everything, listen to audio in reverse and solve the riddle we may know what the sequence is.

Clearly it is semi random. It probably has to do with time because people have stood still in one spot and stumbled on it meaning at some point the solution so happened to be at that point at that time.

This is what I'm thinking also. The story may also be important for said clues. The only thing, we all know game designers like to make you do things you really don't have to, to finish. This is definitely going on to some degree here. Great post btw.

vypek

I can't play this game more than about 30 seconds at a time. I feel like such a wuss. But I can't do it.

I downloaded first thing this morning and just got into the bathroom.

I cant play at all. Dont feel like a wuss. Far better than what I can do

I'm not even playing and I want to yell at Kojima myself. lol.

Krammy

The text on-screen appears to be clues, possibly to the last puzzle? I just got the text saying, "Never moving a step, his hand is mine,". Some others have also gotten text relating to standing still at the phone. There seems to be plenty of different texts across many languages (I've had a number in Japanese, and I've heard others have some in Spanish).

What if we tried to collectively gather and translate these texts to see what it reveals? If anything, it would at least be fun to see them together.

ifrSn64VkOxRe.jpg

iyjzTIiqDUpx6.jpg

If someone wants to save these and collect them as people post them, that would be great. I might do it myself.

... Can you imagine?

We need some answers. I can't trigger it, and I don't have a save. Anyone have a save and can't trigger it?

I have a GZ save, collected all the picture pieces, hear the bells, heard the giggles sometimes, but no phonecall :( Spent an hour trying to figure it out, shit my pants when I saw the ghost, and turned it off.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
This is probably the scariest game i've played, i cant handle it @__@

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Has the phone call happened during the first tour of the house? I've gotten the yellow screen, the screen where it says it's a glitch or something, then I've gone through the house like 100+ times.

Some peoples demos was glitched ,like mines and we could never finish the demo.

It had it's jump scares and some of the noise was working ,but it was in a continuous loop.

Signs of this is when you wake up. Character won't move. Ghost starts to dodge you.

Man, I hate I didn't finish it to the phone call. I made it to the last "baby" giggle and the phone never rang.

Cudder

I just beat it.

All I did in the final area was go back and forth between the phone and the radio.

While walking between both of them, I would focus on the phone, then when walking towards the radio, I would peak into the bathroom and focus on the baby, then I would continue to the radio and focus on the big painting above the radio, then to the radio itself.

Then I would focus on the writing by the radio that says HELL. My subtitles were on if that mattered. If the bells/ghost noises started I would look at either the radio or phone, whichever was closest. Stay stationary until the noises go away.

mooksoup

Does the time of day we are playing seem to have any affect at all? (system clock)

Just asking because i tried playing the day yesterday and didn't see the ghost once, over an hour or 2.
Then tried again later at midnight, and she was all over me.

Seik

Banned
Some peoples demos was glitched ,like mines and we could never finish the demo.

It had it's jump scares and some of the noise was working ,but it was in a continuous loop.

Signs of this is when you wake up. Character won't move. Ghost starts to dodge you.

Man, I hate I didn't finish it to the phone call. I made it to the last "baby" giggle and the phone never rang.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't a glitch.

Just noticed watching the stream of the girl that first beat it that she didn't collect all the pieces of the picture. I'm guessing that's all optional then?

vypek

Does the time of day we are playing seem to have any affect at all? (system clock)

Just asking because i tried playing the day yesterday and didn't see the ghost once, over an hour or 2.
Then tried again later at midnight, and she was all over me.

Wouldnt be the first time Kojima used the system clock

DOWN

Banned
Stand right in front of the phone until the music and creepines stops. Turn around and walk 10 steps up the hall and you'll trigger a laugh from our favorite demon baby. The second one is still a huge mystery.
Which way do we turn tho? Towards the stairs where you leave the loop or the door where you start at each loop?

Cudder

Just noticed watching the stream of the girl that first beat it that she didn't collect all the pieces of the picture. I'm guessing that's all optional then?

Everything about this teaser is optional, except for some unknown specific events that trigger the phone call.

Krammy

Stand right in front of the phone until the music and creepines stops. Turn around and walk 10 steps up the hall and you'll trigger a laugh from our favorite demon baby. The second one is still a huge mystery.

Wanted to toss my hat in and say this worked for me just now.

KurowaSan

the 10 steps from the phone to the entrance is working for me almost all the time

I'm also getting random messages over the screen when I'm close to one of the photos of the wife

Kaversmed

I actually believe this is tied to the number of steps you make.. That's why it seems so random for people, because they are focusing on things in the environment.. But I dunno man :/

EDIT: but then again, some people get the baby to laugh while standing absolutely still... makes no sense :D

artsi

The text on-screen appears to be clues, possibly to the last puzzle? I just got the text saying, "Never moving a step, his hand is mine,". Some others have also gotten text relating to standing still at the phone. There seems to be plenty of different texts across many languages (I've had a number in Japanese, and I've heard others have some in Spanish).

What if we tried to collectively gather and translate these texts to see what it reveals? If anything, it would at least be fun to see them together.

ifrSn64VkOxRe.jpg

If someone wants to save these and collect them as people post them, that would be great. I might do it myself.

This one reads つめたい手でした
"It was a cold hand / They were cold hands"

And other one I saw in Japanese earlier was "My body was shivering".

IrishNinja

I just beat it.

All I did in the final area was go back and forth between the phone and the radio.

While walking between both of them, I would focus on the phone, then when walking towards the radio, I would peak into the bathroom and focus on the baby, then I would continue to the radio and focus on the big painting above the radio, then to the radio itself.

Then I would focus on the writing by the radio that says HELL. My subtitles were on if that mattered. If the bells/ghost noises started I would look at either the radio or phone, whichever was closest. Stay stationary until the noises go away.

might as well try this!

I'm pretty sure that wasn't a glitch.

sure it was
just like that time on MGS1 when my old TV broke down and kept losing picture/saying HIDEO

This is what we should be doing. Good job.

As for the clock, maybe. The game saves constantly, every time you pause it saves.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Honestly, I don't really feel as though I need to finish it now.

But can we please talk about how good this was? It gives me so much hope for the game.

Presumably, the house is the house where the murders took place. The ghost is the ghost of the wife?

Fun fact, during the infinite loop if you stand in front of the mirror you can see the ghost pop up behind you every 2nd time the creepy sounds and static are going :)

cchum

I swear i've recreate one giggle over and over by waiting until chime run to phone and then look at eye photo. But it could be number of steps like you're saying.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's definitely not a set order of things you should look at, because he just got the second giggle and phone ringing while standing at the puzzle picture. Last time it was somewhere else.

Honestly, I don't really feel as though I need to finish it now.

But can we please talk about how good this was? It gives me so much hope for the game.

Presumably, the house is the house where the murders took place. The ghost is the ghost of the wife?

I was really cynical when I first heard the announcement. The PT certainly changed my mind.

Just started it since I couldn't con the wife
buzzkill

Noped out when the hallway first goes dark. I'll try again some other time.

As someone who hasn't played Silent Hill since the original demo, is it safe to assume the actual game won't be first person?

Krammy

(Images)

Just got another one after unpausing. "I waited for it to pass". Could this have be a clue to waiting for the noise to end before taking those 10 steps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom