• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 43, 2016

N.Domixis

Banned
That is some impressive lead XBO has got over PS4. Question is whether Sony is going to go for more profit or more sales this holiday season. I believe they will probably miss their Fiscal Year Target this time if they decided to go after profit and will probably be the end of PSVR too
Probably Both, ps4 pro and slim for sales and
Slim is cheaper to make.

We'll know tomorrow if PS4 sales for Q3.

Anyway, Capcom's CEO recently said that PS4 has apparently reached 50 million units, so let's see if that's true or not.

That is some impressive lead XBO has got over PS4. Question is whether Sony is going to go for more profit or more sales this holiday season. I believe they will probably miss their Fiscal Year Target this time if they decided to go after profit and will probably be the end of PSVR too

Honestly, don't you get tired of posting this stuff?

blakep267

Anyway, Capcom's CEO recently said that PS4 has apparently reached 50 million units, so let's see if that's true or not.
Didn't they still quote the 40 million number last month? If they reached 50 I'm sure they would've said it

centmoe

Banned
Vince zampella did everything to push xbox gamers away
Ironically going multiplatform also resulted in a smaller audience

Didn't they still quote the 40 million number last month? If they reached 50 I'm sure they would've said it

This is Capcom CEO saying it, not Sony. Sony is sticking to its official 40 million number, which I imagine they'll update tomorrow come their quarterly earnings.

blakep267

This is Capcom CEO saying it, not Sony. Sony is sticking to its official 40 million number, which I imagine they'll update tomorrow come their quarterly earnings.
Still, then selling 6 million consoles during the dry summer and with the slimming lighting anything in fire seems like a stretch. I'll be over that after the holidays of course

Jumeira

Banned
UK October Hardware Sales

Xbox One - 99,496
PlayStation 4 - 74,500
Nintendo Wii U - 3,500

The good thing about Microsoft Xbox One being ahead of PlayStation 4 is that the PR team is willing to share sales data even when the win is small since they are in need of positive news.

Wow. Did not expect Xbox S to make that much of a difference.

Interfectum

I'm surprised to see Xbone beating PS4 both in the UK and the US month to month. Do we have a solid reason why this is happening? Xbone S hype/price? People waiting for Pro? PS4 saturation point?

I foresee Sony being under their estimates and a 10-20+ thread of nonsense about that.

I'm surprised to see Xbone beating PS4 both in the UK and the US month to month. Do we have a solid reason why this is happening? Xbone S hype/price? People waiting for Pro? PS4 saturation point?
I'd say Pro and price.

It is funny because some on Gaf were saying it would be the other way around - Slim would be the pusher and Pro would flop.

jjonez18

[Week 43, 2016] 04 (NE) TITANFALL 2 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) < 52,000

Xbox One (57%) < 30,000
PlayStation 4 (41%) < 21,000
PC (2%) < 1,000

[Week 11, 2014] XBO TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 118,000 / NEW
[Week 11, 2014] PC TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 7,000 / NEW
[Week 15, 2014] 360 TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 28,000 / NEW

Holy hell! Did not know it was this bad, assumed we were exaggerating.

It's a shame about the way Titanfall is handled and if the franchise survives this I'm going to be very very surprised. I don't know what's going on in the heads of people at EA regarding the scheduling of their IPs.

This. Let's release Titanfall 2 (a FPS) in-between the release dates of two giants in the FPS genre, Battlefield and Call of Duty.

Hey EA, people also like to play FPS games in months not in October to December.

All of the above + unappealing Slim offerings compared to XB1S.

Sony's Slim bundles that are competitive with MS's offerings are all next month (FFXV bundle, CoD bundle, Watch Dogs 2 bundle)

With only Uncharted 4 bundle, it's not a match against [FIFA, Madden, Minecraft, BF1, Gears4 and Halo MCC + Halo 5] bundles.

EGM1966

Most likely combination of:
Pricing bundles
Higher percentage of double dipping (the XB Slim is a much better upgrade than PS4 Slim)
PS4 owners waiting for Pro to upgrade to and passing on Slim

I expect Pro to give lead back to Sony when it launches but MS have enjoyed nice boost from Slim irrespective. Not enough to trouble Sonys lead in any meaningful way of course but still decent.

Bruno MB

Bruno, do we have an upper and lower limit for Skyrim SE? That did much better than I expected, placement wise.

It did extremely well, by far the second best-selling remaster comfortably surpassing 100,000 sales.

It sits second behind 2011&#8217;s original in terms of best debut launch weeks in the Elder Scrolls series.

[Week 24, 2015] THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS) > 114,500 / NEW
[Week 43, 2016] BATTLEFIELD 1 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 158,000 / 417,000 (-39%)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition sold between 115,000 and 158,000 units.

Holy hell! Did not know it was this bad, assumed we were exaggerating.

It's way worse than the numbers you quoted.

Jumeira

Banned

IMO Xbox One S is better value than PS4 Slim. You can play all the top games PS4 has this Christmas + some big exclusives like Gears and Forza. Pro will sell alot to hardcore, will be interesting to see if casuals treat it the same. I don't think many are avoiding buying a Slim for Pro though, most that want it own a ps4 and were never going to buy a Slim as the benefits isn't there. Unlike the Xbox S, where there's enough included to replace your old X1.

Welfare

It did extremely well, by far the second best-selling remaster comfortably surpassing 100,000 sales.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition sold between 115,000 and 158,000 units.

Thank you! Also a Friday release, so Titanflop 2 just performed that much worse.

Kill3r7

This. Let's release Titanfall 2 (a FPS) in-between the release dates of two giants in the FPS genre, Battlefield and Call of Duty.

Hey EA, people also like to play FPS games in months not in October to December.

Partially true. Most successful FPS games come out during the holiday season. You would be hard pressed to find more than 5 successful FPS games released in the spring.

It's way worse than the numbers you quoted.

Skyrim did really well for a remaster. Bruno what were the Witcher 3 first week numbers? I remember them being ~180k.

Kill3r7

I said damn, with little to no marketing the game still dominated.

ztk6JqG.png

El-Suave

I swear there's an interview with Zampella or somebody from EA who's in charge that says the release date was set due to contractual obligations to a platform partner. That would be MS the, wouldn't it, and the motivation would be to fight CoD? Can't find it though because it hard to google for it.

Bruno MB

I just realized that the PC version of The Elder Scrolls Online was released a year before, which means that GfK Chart-Track might have take only into consideration that first release instead of 2015 launch for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. To complicate things when the console version was released it was treated as a new entry, not belonging to the 2014 PC SKU. So I don't have a way to know whether GfK Chart-Track includes the console version first week sales or not in their comparison launch to other titles from the same franchise. At the very least we can be sure that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition sold over 75,000 which is what The Elder Scrolls IV did in its launch. Next week we may have a more accurate range of sales.

The Elder Scrolls Online on consoles takes first place in its release week

Bethesda Softworks take top spot as &#8216;The Elder Scrolls Online&#8217; becomes their first chart topping title since &#8216;Wolfenstein: The New Order&#8217; just over a year ago. Although the original PC version of the title launched in April last year, the new updated versions feature a subscription free model as well as several new updates. Having launched on Tuesday &#8216;The Elder Scrolls Online&#8217; is the third title to break through the 100k sales mark in its first week in 2015, delivering a bigger week 1 then &#8216;Battlefield Hardline&#8217; but still behind &#8216;The Witcher III: Wild Hunt&#8217;, which remains the biggest debut of the year so far.

Partially true. Most successful FPS games come out during the holiday season. You would be hard pressed to find more than 5 successful FPS games released in the spring.

Skyrim did really well for a remaster. Bruno what were the Witcher 3 first week numbers? I remember them being ~180k.

You remember well (175,000).

cakely

A rare "Sony is Doomed" post from noobie.

Bruno MB

Here is a Titanfall vs Titanfall 2 comparison with the publicly available data we have.

Titanfall 2's launch sales (physical data only via GfK) are well below the ones achieved by its predecessor, which arrived in March 2013 on Xbox platforms and PC only. In fact, the game's launch sales are barely a quarter of the ones achieved by its original - despite the fact that this sequel has the added benefit of launching on PS4. Titanfall 2 debuts at No.4 in the GfK Top 10, while the original reached No.1.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...skyrim-and-battlefield-1-impress-in-uk-charts

In the end Titanfall 2 only managed to get to number four in the all formats chart, just one spot ahead of fellow new entry Farming Simulator 17. The legacy of the original being an Xbox One exclusive also seems to have hurt it, with sales split 57% to 41% in favour of Microsoft&#8217;s machine.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/31/titanfall-2-almost-beaten-by-farming-simulator-in-uk-charts-6224761/

Code:
[Week 43, 2016] 04 (NE) [B]TITANFALL 2 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) ~ 31,250 / NEW[/B]

[Week 43, 2016] 07 (NE) XBO TITANFALL 2 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) ~ 17,813 / NEW
[Week 43, 2016] 09 (NE) PS4 TITANFALL 2 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) ~ 12,813 / NEW
[Week 43, 2016] XX (NE) PC TITANFALL 2 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) ~ 625 / NEW

Code:
[Week 11, 2014] 01 (NE) [B]TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 125,000 / NEW[/B]

[Week 11, 2014] 01 (NE) XBO TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 118,000 / NEW
[Week 11, 2014] 08 (NE) PC TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 7,000 / NEW
[Week 15, 2014] 01 (NE) 360 TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 28,000 / NEW

Kill3r7

Here is a Titanfall vs Titanfall 2 comparison with the public available data we have.

Code:

Code:

The TF2 numbers are eerily reminiscent of The Order 1886.

Welfare

Neither the PS4 or XB1 SKU could even match the 360 release of TF1. In fact, both combined barely even pass it! Terrible.

Here is a Titanfall vs Titanfall 2 comparison with the public available data we have.

Code:

Code:

Damn I knew it would underperform but those numbers are just awful.

Code:

Code:

Oh dear.

show me on the ps4 disc where you were touched

jesus christ, i laughed way too hard at the office.

i hope for the holidays TF2 sells well, maybe a lot of folks decided to go with COD/BF first then for the holidays they were going to get TF. after all the positive news of its SP it is the first one ill get in the holidays of the big shooters this year, then im gonna wait for the pro version of both COD and BF on sale to get those next year

joecanada

Haven't you heard ? Ms is doubling down on vr now too , so it's probably a great product all of a sudden huh? Maybe stealth edit your post before "they" see how disloyal you are

Chobel

Worth noting Titanfall 1 had a full week while Titanfall 2 had since Friday. Still though... oops. Hopefully word of mouth gives it strong legs.

Chobel where you at?

Busy eating crow :/

BTW Titanfall was released on march 14 2014, so also Friday.

----------------

EDIT: Jesus Fucking Christ! Titanfall is actually at ~31K

joecanada

btw I've never played TF before this weekend and I think it should be said for those who enjoy mp games that it runs great, like really great, on ps4.

I had 49ms or better ping all night on Saturday. That alone makes it my number one FPS of this gen. absolutely destroys every other fps this entire gen in that respect. for someone who plays mp fps quite a bit, its one of the most important aspects. despite the fact its also very fun.

Top Bottom