• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey issue statement on actions on Nimble America

Slayven

From the Daily Beast authors

jFa4Xoa.png

Hmmm love receipts

L Thammy

I like that
1. the first thing he apologized for is hurting Oculus' brand
2. he says that it doesn't represent his views then goes on to explain how it does

Great guy.

The Daily Beast story specifically says that Luckey told them he posted as NimbleRichMan, and the organization reportedly listed him as a Vice President, and both the organization and the account said that any donation to the organization would be matched by said anonymous near-billionaire . . .

Hmmmm, well now. A certain someone is trying to save thier lying ass from termination. Go fuck yourself Luckey, you piece of crap.

Yazzees

The only thing more disgusting are all these people on twitter and facebook who think Palmer and his girlfriends are the real victims now. Like wtf.
There are a ton of people who earnestly feel that calling someone a racist is much worse than being a racist.

Like, browse reddit for even ten minutes and you're bound to see this.

Makonero

So in the emails to DailyBeast he says he wrote the post

And then denies writing the post in his Facebook "apology"

What did he think was gonna happen!?

Nzyme32

I don't believe Palmer Lucky for a second in his statement. If this was entirely false this wouldn't have gone on for so long and he would have spoken much sooner

Bookoo

If Palmer emailed him in the context that is being reported on then he would have to known this would come up if his statement contradicts it.

Seems crazy to issue a statement that is going to be immediately contradicted.

Ferrio

Banned
Has facebook said anything yet? I really didn't think this guy would ever give a sincere apology, so as long as he's still working for them then fuck Oculus.

Giever

Facebook really just needs to separate themselves from Luckey at this point.

If you don't have anything to contribute other than dumb Simpsons gifs, feel free to go find something else to do.

Hey, it's a jpg, keep it cool
/s

L Thammy

He didn't explicitly state that he's not any of the things he's being accused of.

Yeah, that's what gets me too. He says that it's his actions that are reflecting badly on Oculus, as if he actually did it, and he admits to giving money to this organization. He's denying part of the story, but he's still not denying a huge part of what people are finding so abhorrent.

It's as wishy-washy as a denial as it is as an apology.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
So what's his next course of action? Clearly he lied about not posting as NimbleRichMan, as Daily Beast put to rest.

Top Bottom