• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey issue statement on actions on Nimble America

9iTtNwE.png

oEfZMEv.png

delicious receipts.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
The Daily Beast story specifically says that Luckey told them he posted as NimbleRichMan, and the organization reportedly listed him as a Vice President, and both the organization and the account said that any donation to the organization would be matched by said anonymous near-billionaire . . .

Then one of them is lying on this part.

Ketch

I don't understand why they posted those screen shots that way.

If you were to post those screens wouldn't you have it with the "From: Palmer Luckey" part above the body of the email?

The way they took those screenshots doesn't show who sent the email that says "I made the post"

come on journalists, you can't fuck this up please.

Tagyhag

Screenshots?

Luckey really did not think this one through.

#rip

It was shopped!

But really, who could ever believe him when you see who he'ss dating.

How many sane and liberal people do you know who have been dating a racist, sexist Trump supporter for years? It makes ZERO sense.

"I gave a lot of money to white supremacists that literally say they 'shitpost', and promised even more, but I just thought those were 'fresh ideas'."

I'm glad he made this statement, which can be easily contradicted. Makes it easier for Facebook to cut him loose.

Shiggy

I'm sure his email account and his girlfriend's Twitter account only got hacked. Someone tries to destroy this man who had no bad intentions with his donation to this initially innocent appearing organization.

And it's hard to argue that he's lying by saying that this organization had "fresh ideas" on communicating with young voters. They just took a rather different approach.

/sarcasm

Did Palmer Luckey just lie to everyone? Is this what just happened?

Either that or he is saying The Daily Beast fabricated emails. This is what is on the table, right?

fucking what

Fucking WHAT

I had the same thought, but the dude it probably not near a computer. We're lucky to get them this fast.

Yea. First impressions are everything though. Guess they want to get them up quickly so to prevent accusations of doctoring or photoshopping these emails. It just lends credence to those that will cry fake though.

L Thammy

"Okay, I'm sorry that my funding a hate group made my company look bad, but they line up with my views and I liked their ideas. Also I didn't do it."

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Holy hell. That was possibly the worst response possible.

The sorry for the what your actions caused but denying the action routine is transparent as he'll.

Here's a tip Palmer. If you were properly a libertarian you wouldn't be finding a group backing Trump, possibly the furthest away candidate from libertarians possible. Pulling the "I thought they were legit" card about Nimble America is frankly a joke. You don't give a random group like this money without knowing who they are. If you wanted to back your supposed cause then you would have used your public equity to back Johnson publically and monetarily.

This? Is just bad. Time to man up and face the music.

Ketch

Did Palmer Luckey just lie to everyone? Is this what just happened?

Either that or he is saying The Daily Beast fabricated emails. This is what is on the table, right?

fucking what

Fucking WHAT

Well, he hasn't come out and said they fabricated the emails yet. but I imagine that's what's coming next since the daily beast can't take a decent screenshot.

LordCanti

I guess Facebook has the weekend to figure out what they're going to do about this and I hope they make the right decision. My disappointment as a kickstarter backer is immense.

Why did he even talk to Daily Beast in the first place?

This is the part that I still don't understand. He knew it would be reported on, he knew there'd be evidence, so why admit to having made any posts as that reddit account? I don't doubt the Daily Beast at this point but I'd like to see the rest of the e-mail chain to understand the full picture better.

Top Bottom