• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Partial) Future List of 360 BC Games

Fallout 3? Nice. I'm sure most won't care about this one but as a console gamer with a Macbook Pro, I've been waiting on HD port announcement but I'll take what I can get.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Lost odyssey or get bent MS. I want to replay without needing my 360.

Phil Spencer talked about Lost Odyssey a couple days ago... they expect it to be working, kinda already having it working... they need a little time on it because it's a multi disc game so they need to make sure the XB1 can switch the discs on it's own, so to speak

No Tales of Vesperia or Lost Odyssey, no interest.

I thought at least Lost Odyssey would be on there since it's Microsoft exclusive. C'mon guys, wake up and add it >_>

Phil Spencer talked about Lost Odyssey a couple days ago... they expect it to be working, kinda already having it working... they need a little time on it because it's a multi disc game so they need to make sure the XB1 can switch the discs on it's own, so to speak

Link?

phil spencer said at gb that they re working on lost odyssey. "they currently have an issue with multi disc games and working on it. kinect only games wont make it over ever."

Dat megaton. Love me some Lost Odyssey.

Anyway, for people losing their shit over certain games not include. This is not coming to the mainstream gamer until later this year.

I'd say it is a safe bet that not all the games shown in the trailer will be included by then. And, of course, there will be others too.

If you want a game, vote for it.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503

Fair play to MS. Many of the features users have asked for they have either done, or at least acknowledged why they would be unable to.

They did arguably the biggest of the lot. People said it was impossible. They have Xbox 360 games working on an Xbox One. All while having the Xbox One OS features?

If they can do that, they can do more.

Use Xbox Voice to give tour feedback on the games you want. You never know, they may pull through.

naib

both GRAW! YES
high five!

Now if we could just run GR2:SS inception style..

Edit: Shadowrun? Do we know that online MP works for these? I thought Shadowrun online got shutdown a while back. All you can do offline is play with bots. If you can play this online again I know some folks that would be very excited. Myself included.

That's cool. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Tain

high five!

Now if we could just run GR2:SS inception style..

Edit: Shadowrun? Do we know that online MP works for these? I thought Shadowrun online got shutdown a while back. All you can do offline is play with bots. If you can play this online again I know some folks that would be very excited. Myself included.

Online functionality works.

Microsoft has repeatedly said they need publisher approval to put the games up. Which publishers, if any, do you expect to NOT play ball and allow their games to be backwards compatible? I'm obviously already ruling out games trapped in legal quagmires like delisted games.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Microsoft has repeatedly said they need publisher approval to put the games up. Which publishers, if any, do you expect to NOT play ball and allow their games to be backwards compatible? I'm obviously already ruling out games trapped in legal quagmires like delisted games.

Activision. Lol.

But considering the demand on uservoice, they'll buckle.

Thoughts:

• Might have to buy Bayonetta again.
  • Child of Eden is a surprise considering Kinect 1 games apparently don't work yet. Hope they figure that out because I want it bad.
  • Oh shit I forgot about ShadowRun! If this gets a bigger community going there again I will be in heaven.

Jawmuncher

Phew thank goodness. Hope they get it sorted out.

coughlanio

Fallout 3 has already been confirmed, it's free with Fallout 4, and I can only assume it's the backwards compatible version.

Red Dead Redemption is probably the one I want to see most, and I've already upvoted it on the User Voice site. I wouldn't say no to Gears 2 & 3, but I presume we won't see these as I can only assume they'll come as DLC for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition.

coughlanio

Publishers tend to be very careful with their IP. Is there a chance they could remaster the title now, or in the future? Could it go into a possible 'Classic Collection' in the future?

99% percent of X360 games can be picked up for very little used, so if they do make them available, they might not see a huge return on digital sales. I expect to see a lot of these backward compatible titles used as pre-order bonuses too, i.e pre-order the new Red Dead game, get Red Dead Redemption for free.

Vanquish is supported?

Nice!

But I still Need my Dragon's Dogma.

Also... Since the xb1 is region free... Can I play Japanese region 360 games on xb1?

That would be super awesome since I have some. And that would make me buy some shooters and maybe other titles like No more heroes.

I was planning to buy other xb360 but maybe that won't be necessary.

rrc1594

Guys this is the chance to get everyone on the Lost Odyssey wave, so those executives is see interest. We can get a sequel I believe

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Well I've secured a promise on Twitter which I'm certain is legally binding.
I want the forbidden unpurchasable game with Patrick Stewart narration.

wotw_twitter_mika.png

EDIT: As I recall OG XBox Gun mysteriously didn't work on 360 either, since there was a 360 Gun...
No Gears of War games at all. Bummer.

Kadin

Sorry if this was already answered but did they say whether we'll continue getting new games (via the Preview Program) or is what we have now all we'll have until it goes public later this year?

mike4001_

Sorry if this was already answered but did they say whether we'll continue getting new games (via the Preview Program) or is what we have now all we'll have until it goes public later this year?

I don´t think they said anything about that.

(And I have pretty much listened to every interview)

ex-kgb

Neo Member
Really hope South Park Stick of Truth gets added in the next year. Didn't get a chance to play it since I gave away my 360 and bought xb1 on launch day. Would love to play the first one before the sequel comes out.

naib

Kinda funny seeing how the Shadowrun franchsie already made a succesful comeback on PC as a pure RPG again with Shadowrun Retruns / Dragonfall and Hong Kong.
Shadowrun on the 360 was my first exposure to the universe. I get that it's not what the diehard fans wanted, but it was a fucking fantastic team based shooter.

I did feel bad for PC players though. As soon as someone realized they had a PC player on their team they'd immediately kill and res them for the cheevo. I think it was "brother from another mother" or some shit. For the record I got it just being a team player. Didn't realize they were on PC.

Damn, that game deserved way more love than it got. Was like CS with spells and shit. So awesome.

Shadowrun on the 360 was my first exposure to the universe. I get that it's not what the diehard fans wanted, but it was a fucking fantastic team based shooter.

Damn, that game deserved way more love than it got. .

^^ All of these things. I spent countless hours in this game, even though it had a smallish community. It was so underrated. The biggest complaint at the time when it was reviewed was that it "was almost completely online only." And then people buy CoD and Madden games year after year and only play the online portion. Makes sense...

So will these be able to be purchased in the X1 store eventually? Like if I didn't own Mass Effect I could purchase it on X1 store without going to 360? I guess I could just buy the game from Xbox.com though and it would be the same effect?

So will these be able to be purchased in the X1 store eventually? Like if I didn't own Mass Effect I could purchase it on X1 store without going to 360? I guess I could just buy the game from Xbox.com though and it would be the same effect?

They all have store pages on Xbox One so I don't see why not

rulezplayscreenshot20uaqqx.png

Top Bottom