• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

I'm a bit of a PoE noob, currently on my first lvl 58. Marauder, following KpShamino's 2h mace sunder build

What's not clear to me: the build uses an immortal call gem, but I don't see anything to create endurance charges. You need to build charges first, before the immortal call can be discharged right?

Maledict

I'm a bit of a PoE noob, currently on my first lvl 58. Marauder, following KpShamino's 2h mace sunder build

What's not clear to me: the build uses an immortal call gem, but I don't see anything to create endurance charges. You need to build charges first, before the immortal call can be discharged right?

No. Endurance charges lengthen the invulnerability buff, but it works without them and that's usually how immortal call is played.

Kadin

This is weird. I looked at the items, skill tree, ascendancy choices and skills and I didn't immediately see the source either. I'll attribute this to being late and way past my bedtime but now I'd like to know as well.

I assume you referenced this page to check the possibilities?

No. Endurance charges lengthen the invulnerability buff, but it works without them and that's usually how immortal call is played.

Thanks for answering.

This is weird. I looked at the items, skill tree, ascendancy choices and skills and I didn't immediately see the source either. I'll attribute this to being late and way past my bedtime but now I'd like to know as well.

I assume you referenced this page to check the possibilities?

Yes, that page actually gave me the impression I needed one of those 'sources for endurance charges' in order to use immortal call.

Main point of using immortal call (+cast when damage taken) is preventing "multi-shots". Or in other words a scenario where 1000 different mobs strike at you at the same time and kill you that way. Base duration of 0.4 seconds is more than enough for that purpose.

Kadin

Main point of using immortal call (+cast when damage taken) is preventing "multi-shots". Or in other words a scenario where 1000 different mobs strike at you at the same time and kill you that way. Base duration of 0.4 seconds is more than enough for that purpose.
Ah, so without any endurance charges, the 0.4 second base duration will still do what it's supposed to. That makes sense. So the build most likely is only using it for this purpose, not extending the time from charges.

Did a couple of lab runs this morning before work. I know Izaro should have been fully buffed both times yet he only dropped two keys. Another lab bug?

Got some leveling done on my new Doomfletch prism Tornado Shot/Barrage character and my god Barrage is insane for single target damage when you get good critical chance and multi. And TS has insane clear when you finally get GMP.

Also this is going to be an expensive build. I already have close to 1000c in gear for the character in my 5L & 6L Doomfletch Prism, Kaoms Heart, and the Lioneyes Jewel. I still need to get the rest of the gear bought and a Taste of Hate and Dying Sun and 20q gems for the barrage links.

Have about 500c left at the moment and I imagine I'm gonna spend it all on the rest of the gear.

Got some leveling done on my new Doomfletch prism Tornado Shot/Barrage character and my god Barrage is insane for single target damage when you get good critical chance and multi. And TS has insane clear when you finally get GMP.

Also this is going to be an expensive build. I already have close to 1000c in gear for the character in my 5L & 6L Doomfletch Prism, Kaoms Heart, and the Lioneyes Jewel. I still need to get the rest of the gear bought and a Taste of Hate and Dying Sun and 20q gems for the barrage links.

Have about 500c left at the moment and I imagine I'm gonna spend it all on the rest of the gear.

I'm doing the same thing right now. Leveled it up last week and have been holding off on it while I acquired more currency from my other characters.

I actually just 6l one of my doomfletch in 4 fuse right now so that saved me tons of currency as I bought the prophecy for 34c a few days ago before prices jumped up super high.

Sold an extra one I had and used that to fund the lioneye's jewel. Didn't buy any flasks though and since this is my fourth character I need to stock up on currency. I am glad that all the builds I've been doing use a belly or Kaoms as I got those early in the league and have saved tons of currency just swapping them around characters.

Leveling mine as a Raider right now using chance to bleed for extra flat phys and ice bite for frenzy charges.

I'm doing the same thing right now. Leveled it up last week and have been holding off on it while I acquired more currency from my other characters.

I actually just 6l one of my doomfletch in 4 fuse right now so that saved me tons of currency as I bought the prophecy for 34c a few days ago before prices jumped up super high.

Sold an extra one I had and used that to fund the lioneye's jewel. Didn't buy any flasks though and since this is my fourth character I need to stock up on currency. I am glad that all the builds I've been doing use a belly or Kaoms as I got those early in the league and have saved tons of currency just swapping them around characters.

Leveling mine as a Raider right now using chance to bleed for extra flat phys and ice bite for frenzy charges.

I can afford the taste of hate and dying sun right now but I don't want to completely deplete all of my currency with that and 20q gems. Might set the character aside till I can farm another 200-300c. I want to jump right into Pathfinder.

How are you guys leveling your char to 90? I cant get too deep in the top tier maps as i randomly rip to a mob/mine

What tier maps? If I'm just pushing levels I'll do 11-13 when I'm 85+. That and build either pretty defensively or high dps.

Dahbomb

How are you guys leveling your char to 90? I cant get too deep in the top tier maps as i randomly rip to a mob/mine
Just farm lower tier maps then, you still get EXP. I was mostly yellow maps until I got around 87-88 then I got into tier 10/11s.

And skip bosses if it takes you too long to kill them.

What tier maps? If I'm just pushing levels I'll do 11-13 when I'm 85+. That and build either pretty defensively or high dps.

Just farm lower tier maps then, you still get EXP. I was mostly yellow maps until I got around 87-88 then I got into tier 10/11s.

And skip bosses if it takes you too long to kill them.

hmm... Im currently on T7/8 Maps..though i am slowly learning the rippy mods, I'll just plow on then

Looks like fonts are bugged again in uberlab. 5 key run max. Only 1 shrine and puzzle/gauntlet on the main path. Terrible lab day. I'm disappointed.

Back to leveling my Doomfletch it is!

Rufus

Found a Marohi Erqi. Didn't realize the prophecy I had for who knows how long guaranteed it. So now I've retooled my RF totems Chieftan into a Ancestral Warchieftan. RF totems are stron, but Ancestral Warchief is just that much smoother to play.

Incidentally, I blew all my jewellers trying to 6-socket the damn thing. ;_;

Found a Marohi Erqi. Didn't realize the prophecy I had for who knows how long guaranteed it. So now I've retooled my RF totems Chieftan into a Ancestral Warchieftan. RF totems are stron, but Ancestral Warchief is just that much smoother to play.

Incidentally, I blew all my jewellers trying to 6-socket the damn thing. ;_;

I always just use voricis when just going for 6s. It's not that many jewellers to do it that way.

Tom Penny

I've been doing tier 8-10 maps, and I've been stuck at 89 for a couple of days now.

Every few maps something will one shot me and set me back several maps.

Same. Finally did Uber lab with the build I put in the Youtube link and my main Dark Pact gem is only level 16 :) Time to find a sick shield and crit dagger.

So I'm level 67 and I killed Kitava but it bugged out and didn't count the kill. :/ What am I supposed to do now? I haven't done the Lv.68 labyrinth yet but I'm going to need to grind a bit before I can survive that.

First uber lab of the day. Got my second Kaom's Heart drop. And it's a 38% fire damage roll, too. Almost perfect.

Damn. Youre set for rest of league then lol.

Still waiting to get a good drop like that.

Also good biscos are 100c? I remember getting one in legacy for a few chaos. That nerf really fucked things up.

JoeMartin

Also good biscos are 100c? I remember getting one in legacy for a few chaos. That nerf really fucked things up.

Just made a decent market for them is all. Bisco's hard rolling absolutely insane numbers made them both a necessity for accruing currency while simultaneously being cheap to acquire; now at least not everyone gets a hard 100% IIQ roll.

They're going for 420c+ now. It's insane. It'll go to buying a Dying Sun and a ring or two for my Doomfletch prism character. This character is going to be an insane currency sink.

Ferrio

Banned
So made it to end game for the first time. I'm using my own build and man once I get around tier 4 the bosses were exploding me. Especially chaos damage since I was at -60% resist. Did a trade for a nice ring, spent a crap ton of respec points, and modified my gear as much as I could. Doing quite a bit better now, think I should be able to proceed.

Leezard

I've finally made it to endgame with a build that's viable to do the endgame bosses as well.

I started with a "Stunning Sunder Berserker" league starter by EngineeringEternity, but I did my own changes and the build has successfully transitioned and become quite a bit stronger than the recommended starter gear.

Path of building says that I have around 400k dps against shaper fully buffed, which is way better than any previous build I've done. Guardians are all quite simple, Chimera is the easiest one though. It's a really stable build with around 6.7k life at level 91. I'm not even using vaal pact so lab running works great too, that's how I made my currency.

I've done two tries against shaper but I've failed on the mechanics a bit and not dodged when I really should've. I'll make more tries once i hit level 92.

Airbar

Neo Member
After a failed attempt years ago I tried PoE because a friend recommended it to me. Had a blast so far. Playing an RF Berserker, level 48 now in Act 6 and it really harkens back to the old days of D2 for me. The only thing D3 has over PoE is accessability but only through more recent patches. What I still miss is a real throwback to the D2 Druid though (especially the shapeshifting and summoning variant :()

Currently Lv55 Necro but any idea where to take this further? Seems like I'd have all the nearby ES/Minion nodes at around Lv70 ish. I have Minion Instability, Mind Over Matter, Elemental Equilibrium and will get Chaos Innoc once I have all the ES nodes.

My gem combos are:
Raise Zombie - Raise Spectre - Minion Life (would add Damage, Speed and Resist if I had 6L)
Summon Skeleton - Minion Damage - Added Lightning Damage - Spell Echo
Chaos Golem
Assassin's Mark
A resist Aura or two.

All I do is just raise Zombie/Spectre/Golem, then spam Skeletons. I use Assassin's Mark or Enfeeble depending on how strong the enemy is.

I had spent a few nodes on Spell Crit and the idea was that I spam Arc Lightning to Shock enemies and amp minion damage further. EE amplifies MI whenever Skeletons die. To be honest I'm not sure on this path. I feel like I'm still missing a lot since there seems to be plenty of room to wiggle. Do I just go all in on Shock after I'm done getting defensive nodes?

Currently Lv55 Necro but any idea where to take this further? Seems like I'd have all the nearby ES/Minion nodes at around Lv70 ish. I have Minion Instability, Mind Over Matter, Elemental Equilibrium and will get Chaos Innoc once I have all the ES nodes.

My gem combos are:
Raise Zombie - Raise Spectre - Minion Life (would add Damage, Speed and Resist if I had 6L)
Chaos Golem
Assassin's Mark
A resist Aura or two.

All I do is just raise Zombie/Spectre/Golem, then spam Skeletons. I use Assassin's Mark or Enfeeble depending on how strong the enemy is.

I had spent a few nodes on Spell Crit and the idea was that I spam Arc Lightning to Shock enemies and amp minion damage further. EE amplifies MI whenever Skeletons die. To be honest I'm not sure on this path. I feel like I'm still missing a lot since there seems to be plenty of room to wiggle. Do I just go all in on Shock after I'm done getting defensive nodes?

Trying to do all minion types at once is a bad idea. Choose 1-2 and go all-in on them. Some notes:

- Dedicate main link (4l/5l/6l) for 1 minion type. In your case if you really want to use summon skeletons, I'd suggest trying using https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dead_Reckoning
- Unless you dedicate resources to make spectres better, they are just alternative zombies. Might as well take spectre gem out and replace with something that makes zombies better
- Assassin's Mark or Blasphemy+Assassin's Mark? I don't think you have enough time to spam both curses and summon skeletons
- Reconsider Minion Instability. Minions explode at low life, 35% hp left. Or in practice it's -35% max life for all minions. Is the small extra damage really worth it?
- Mind over Matter only affects dmg taken to LIFE. It won't help you if you have ES focused build

My gem combos are:
Chaos Golem
Assassin's Mark
A resist Aura or two.

Are you set on zombie build? Might be worth switching into an srs build?

Also change Aura to a generosity linked one with damage like hatred perhaps?

Which ones are making the damage? The zombies or the skeletons? Because minion damage on the zombies would be better then life I think.

Dahbomb

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971963/page/1

Next big release for PoE is an expansion in december.

From the looks of it at least some of the new shards and orbs will be rolled into core game.

My bets are on "Atlas of Oriath" expansion, where all the new content will be added to end game maps.
Yup I have to imagine that the next big content release is aimed at end game because right now end game is the same as it was before just with worse build diversity.

So I'm just getting into this game and it's pretty overwhelming. For a first character, is it best to just throw points where I want or should I look at a guide? Is it easy to respec later?

So I'm just getting into this game and it's pretty overwhelming. For a first character, is it best to just throw points where I want or should I look at a guide? Is it easy to respec later?

It's suggested to follow a build guide for awhile as you learn what nodes are worth taking, what skills are like/how they get augmented with supports and make some money for your next characters. Once you get an understanding for the game, feel free to tweak existing builds to better suit your budge/play style. A lot of people suggest going a Marauder or Duelist as they're are typically melee, life based characters and have a lot of cheap and easy builds for newcomers to learn about the game but still have a lot of power and speed to them.

Be sure to hit up the PoE wiki to learn mechanics and interactions as they come up and poe.trade to help you gear up/sell items.

For respecing, it's not easy to completely overhaul your character later on in the game. You're given about 18 respec points over the course of the story and more can be gotten from a currency item, this is mostly used to undo small mistakes or early game purchases to hold over till later to correct pathing or account for gear as you're leveling. If you're looking to completely redo a character, it's easier and cheaper to just make another character and use what you learned on that one instead of buying and finding orbs of regrets.

It's suggested to follow a build guide for awhile as you learn what nodes are worth taking, what skills are like/how they get augmented with supports and make some money for your next characters. Once you get an understanding for the game, feel free to tweak existing builds to better suit your budge/play style. A lot of people suggest going a Marauder or Duelist as they're are typically melee, life based characters and have a lot of cheap and easy builds for newcomers to learn about the game but still have a lot of power and speed to them.

Be sure to hit up the PoE wiki to learn mechanics and interactions as they come up and poe.trade to help you gear up/sell items.

For respecing, it's not easy to completely overhaul your character later on in the game. You're given about 18 respec points over the course of the story and more can be gotten from a currency item, this is mostly used to undo small mistakes or early game purchases to hold over till later to correct pathing or account for gear as you're leveling. If you're looking to completely redo a character, it's easier and cheaper to just make another character and use what you learned on that one instead of buying and finding orbs of regrets.
Thank you. I started as a duelist but I'm only level 8. I'll take a look at some guides so I don't waste any points.

I have a lot of reading to do!

Tom Penny

I've finally made it to endgame with a build that's viable to do the endgame bosses as well.

I started with a "Stunning Sunder Berserker" league starter by EngineeringEternity, but I did my own changes and the build has successfully transitioned and become quite a bit stronger than the recommended starter gear.

Path of building says that I have around 400k dps against shaper fully buffed, which is way better than any previous build I've done. Guardians are all quite simple, Chimera is the easiest one though. It's a really stable build with around 6.7k life at level 91. I'm not even using vaal pact so lab running works great too, that's how I made my currency.

I've done two tries against shaper but I've failed on the mechanics a bit and not dodged when I really should've. I'll make more tries once i hit level 92.

Hmm I was using his build in Harbinger messed around until like 80 but felt squishy. Never did spend any currency to get a 6 link other than Tabula Rasa.

Thank you. I started as a duelist but I'm only level 8. I'll take a look at some guides so I don't waste any points.

I have a lot of reading to do!

Just throw points and get used to the mechanics. You'll eventually start over with a new character because you found a unique you can build around or watched a Build of the Week video that you're dying to try.

This Doomfletch Prism character is going to be the biggest currency sink character I've ever done.

So far I've spent

Two 5L Doomfletch Prism 120c for both.
Kaoms Heart 430c (I was lucky and got as a drop)
Decent Gripped Gloves 90c
Dying Sun 170c
Taste of Hate 170c
Damage Amulet 70c

1050c in gear already.

I got super lucky on an essence craft on a steel ring. But another good steal ring is going to cost me another 100-200c. Need better boots which will end up costing me another 100-200c. And probably another 200-300c in jewels for character.

Not to mention a +2 barrage abyssus would cost 60ex. And a +1 arrows drillneck is like 250c+. Then if I want 6L prisms that's 650c+.

I didn't realize what I got myself into when I started leveling this character. But god damn is it fun melting bosses and shattering everything on the screen. This might be the first character I might ever push to 100. It's too much fun.

Dahbomb

Welcome to playing top tier bow characters. That's why I never do those again.

Those and Wander characters. The ceiling is crazy.

For the record, I really dislike the whole Helmet Enchant stuff in the game ESPECIALLY when it comes to certain skills like Barrage where you get a massive DPS boost from having it. Like getting 40% Frost Blade enchant is nowhere near that amount of damage.

Leezard

Hmm I was using his build in Harbinger messed around until like 80 but felt squishy. Never did spend any currency to get a 6 link other than Tabula Rasa.

I bought divine justicar div cards to get a 6L Astral Plate, it cost me around 130-140c. I had to roll it myself, but I was happy with a decent life roll, one resist and one craftable resist. I probably spent less than 10c rolling it. With 6 endurance charges and fortify I feel very tanky for the most part.

For the record, I really dislike the whole Helmet Enchant stuff in the game ESPECIALLY when it comes to certain skills like Barrage where you get a massive DPS boost from having it. Like getting 40% Frost Blade enchant is nowhere near that amount of damage.

Yeah it's kind of absurd how powerful that enchant is. I could get a 15% Sunder attack speed enchant on an ilvl 84 helmet for 20c. Not super good, but it's like an extra jewel slot.

I'll most likely never go for that enchant. I can't justify spending that much on one piece of a build. When I can just spend that on some GG items in every other slot. Even if I get that +2 barrage enchant from one of my uberlab I'll just sell it. I can do so much more with 60ex than spend it on one slot.

I've always wanted to do a currency sink build like this though. That's why I started with a dedicated Uber farmer this league. With the idea in mind of doing a bow/wander for my second character. I'm having a blast with it though. Incredibly fun. I want to take this build to shaper, guardians, and I want to do my first ever Uber atziri.

Top Bottom