• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Dahbomb

I still haven't done Uber Atziri either, did Shaper and Guardians last league. I could have done it but I put it off too much and then forgot about it. I think that's my goal for this league is to finally complete Uber Atziri. After that my only goal left in the game would be to get a lvl100 but I don't really consider that a pressing achievement as its more of a time thing.

By the way for people having a bad time in the league and need to make some easy currency (can't do Uber Labs or high tier maps for whatever reason)... start doing some Crimsom/Viridian jewel crafting. Right now high life % with damage rolls are in demand (last league it was Cobalt jewels with %ES rolls).

What you do is that you keep using Alterations/Augments until you get either 6-7% life and a damage mode or two damage mods. You then Regal it, hoping for a 3rd affix that is a damage roll. You are still likely to get something that will sell for a couple of chaos but you can get something that could sell for a lot like 40-50C easy.

My friend doesn't play as much PoE so he is always trying to get in on these get rich quick schemes. Some people just love to play the market game, I don't so I don't do this kind of stuff but it is definitely lucrative. Ring/amulet crafting is still good but new players usually don't understand rolls on them as well always jewels which have much narrower ranges in terms of numerical values and easier to get GG results with Alt + Regal method.

I still haven't done Uber Atziri either, did Shaper and Guardians last league. I could have done it but I put it off too much and then forgot about it. I think that's my goal for this league is to finally complete Uber Atziri. After that my only goal left in the game would be to get a lvl100 but I don't really consider that a pressing achievement as its more of a time thing.

By the way for people having a bad time in the league and need to make some easy currency (can't do Uber Labs or high tier maps for whatever reason)... start doing some Crimsom/Viridian jewel crafting. Right now high life % with damage rolls are in demand (last league it was Cobalt jewels with %ES rolls).

What you do is that you keep using Alterations/Augments until you get either 6-7% life and a damage mode or two damage mods. You then Regal it, hoping for a 3rd affix that is a damage roll. You are still likely to get something that will sell for a couple of chaos but you can get something that could sell for a lot like 40-50C easy.

My friend doesn't play as much PoE so he is always trying to get in on these get rich quick schemes. Some people just love to play the market game, I don't so I don't do this kind of stuff but it is definitely lucrative. Ring/amulet crafting is still good but new players usually don't understand rolls on them as well always jewels which have much narrower ranges in terms of numerical values and easier to get GG results with Alt + Regal method.

... now that you mention it, I feel stupid for not doing that. I have several hundred alters and augs just sitting in my stash, might as well find a use for them.

So Mathil just posted a wasp nest assassin build. RIP my next character got one to drop and was theoeycrafting one around it to try it out in a week or so.

This Doomfletch Prism character is going to be the biggest currency sink character I've ever done.

So far I've spent

Two 5L Doomfletch Prism 120c for both.
Kaoms Heart 430c (I was lucky and got as a drop)
Decent Gripped Gloves 90c
Dying Sun 170c
Taste of Hate 170c
Damage Amulet 70c

1050c in gear already.

I got super lucky on an essence craft on a steel ring. But another good steal ring is going to cost me another 100-200c. Need better boots which will end up costing me another 100-200c. And probably another 200-300c in jewels for character.

Not to mention a +2 barrage abyssus would cost 60ex. And a +1 arrows drillneck is like 250c+. Then if I want 6L prisms that's 650c+.

I didn't realize what I got myself into when I started leveling this character. But god damn is it fun melting bosses and shattering everything on the screen. This might be the first character I might ever push to 100. It's too much fun.

Nice. Bow characters are definitely a currency sink but it pays off in the end.

Still working on mine. I will use it for general mapping because the clear speed is fast and use my RF serker for uber lab runs.

So far gave a 5l and 6l doomfletch which I did myself. For about 100c total thanks to RNG.

Kaoms from a drop

Dying sun 165c

Working on taste of hate next. Should get one by today as I have enough current I just need to convert it. Might buy some base steel rings and craft then myself.

Have had shit luck with jewels though. Might just end up buying some.

Been buying twice enchanted trying to get that GG helm enchant. Dying sun has been a huge dps increase against bosses can't imagine how ridiculous it's going to be if I ever get a 2 barrage helm because I'm not spend 60exalt on that shit.

Orgun

Maybe I should try a bow build next, i've got about 5 different Unique bows in my stash heh.

Still haven't gotten a Rise of Phoenix or Doons Cuepuyari for my RF build but im like lvl 85 now.

... now that you mention it, I feel stupid for not doing that. I have several hundred alters and augs just sitting in my stash, might as well find a use for them.

To add onto it. Life % isn't the only one you should be going for either. There are a ton of other combinations worth regaling, too.

If you have two damage affixes and you regal a third or a crit multi. Two attack speeds and you regal a third, and more. I do this every league and you just need three good mods that work together and you have a 20c jewel. I farm jewels myself and and spend about 30c on alts and 30c on regals and I'll almost always get at least 100c in sales from the group of jewels.

Dahbomb

Yea you don't need just life %, three damage mods is money too. Bonus points if you get crit rolls, crit is more valuable now that it's been nerfed across various mechanics.

Could some of the experts here help me price check this sword? I've never played a build that uses a 1H sword yet so I'm not sure if this is as good as I think it is. I checked real quick and it seems like it has three T1 rolls and a crappy T6 crit roll. Should I craft anything on to this before listing? General price range or is it wortlhess? Thanks!

GCRnwdn.png

Kadin

I just killed Shaper for the first time ever! I even got a Starforge.

It was my fourth try against him, I've never even been able to beat Guardians easily before this league.
Congrats! I'm on my 4th character this league and might actually make it to him before the end. I have yet to even get to this fight but I'm hoping to finally do it.

3rd attempt at the game since release and I finally made it to the end-game. The second chapter helped a whole lot in making it through.

What's the best approach from this point? Should I focus on Ascendancy points or just jump into maps? I had no problem with the 1st tier then got one shotted 6 times by a tier 2 boss' vortex attack.

3rd attempt at the game since release and I finally made it to the end-game. The second chapter helped a whole lot in making it through.

What's the best approach from this point? Should I focus on Ascendancy points or just jump into maps? I had no problem with the 1st tier then got one shotted 6 times by a tier 2 boss' vortex attack.

Get your Normal and Cruel lab done ASAP. Map till around 70ish then do Merc. Then

I hope they fix the fonts soon. I ran three ubers today since the layout was good but without the extra keys it isn't worth it IMO.

Hopefully tomorrow is better.

I hope they fix the fonts soon. I ran three ubers today since the layout was good but without the extra keys it isn't worth it IMO.

Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Yea it's annoying. Hopefully tonight isn't fonts. I have a few hours to play tonight and I have a stash tab full of offerings to use. I don't want to be doing lab on a 5 key day unless it's a really good layout.

Kadin

Well I had a good bit of fun with the Xbox version today/yesterday. Played a lot better than I thought it did when I played the beta. Definitely will be playing more but I'll be sticking to the PC version for the majority of the time for now. There's just too many things I like to be doing with the game between crafting and trading where it's still just a bit too cumbersome for me.

But for some lazy days kicking back on the couch and just playing casual? Hell yeah.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
How grindy is this game for a filthy casual such as myself?

Can I log in for a few runs a week and make decent progress? Not too concerned about leagues/ladders. Just want to find some good loot and smash monsters.

Gothos

Can I log in for a few runs a week and make decent progress? Not too concerned about leagues/ladders. Just want to find some good loot and smash monsters.

Well, you never know what RNG gods will offer you :)

You can achieve a lot in this game just by occasionally playing it. However if you want to see ALL content including endgame bosses.. depends on build. Some builds are extremely expensive and require very specific gear that can be hard to get. In those cases you need to grind a LOT to get the required stuff.

So if you want to play only occasionally, keyword to look for when looking for builds should be "cheap".

Unless you want to make your own build, but in that case you should be prepared to start from the scratch multiple times.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
You can achieve a lot in this game just by occasionally playing it. However if you want to see ALL content including endgame bosses.. depends on build. Some builds are extremely expensive and require very specific gear that can be hard to get. In those cases you need to grind a LOT to get the required stuff.

So if you want to play only occasionally, keyword to look for when looking for builds should be "cheap".

Unless you want to make your own build, but in that case you should be prepared to start from the scratch multiple times.

Thanks, makes sense, i'll take a look at some classes and cheap builds. Not too concerned about seeing all endgame content. My mind can rationalize not playing a lot = not seeing all content. :)

Baliis

Knew shaping spider forest was a good idea. Got a Doctor card last night to fund my Kaom's heart. Just under 10k life now on my RF guy.

Trying to do all minion types at once is a bad idea. Choose 1-2 and go all-in on them. Some notes:

- Dedicate main link (4l/5l/6l) for 1 minion type. In your case if you really want to use summon skeletons, I'd suggest trying using https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dead_Reckoning
- Unless you dedicate resources to make spectres better, they are just alternative zombies. Might as well take spectre gem out and replace with something that makes zombies better
- Assassin's Mark or Blasphemy+Assassin's Mark? I don't think you have enough time to spam both curses and summon skeletons
- Reconsider Minion Instability. Minions explode at low life, 35% hp left. Or in practice it's -35% max life for all minions. Is the small extra damage really worth it?
- Mind over Matter only affects dmg taken to LIFE. It won't help you if you have ES focused build

Sadly I don't have access to Dead Reckoning right now.

That's a good point on Minion Instability. The idea I had was that since Skeletons were already low life anyway, might as well kill them in an explosion. I haven't spent a respec so I can possibly remove MI + Elemental Equilibrium. However, that's a fair number of points that I don't know where else to spend.

I've got Spell Echo on Summon Skeletons so I summon them pretty fast.

I will totally remove Mind over Matter if I go Chaos Innoculation. I'm having trouble bumping my ES up. I've got 750HP/1350ES in Act 8. I'm not really dying, but maybe it's too low. I will use Discipline once I find one.

I the reason that I want CI was for the Chaos Immunity. I'm sitting at 40/75/75/-40 resists right now. Chaos is still manageable, but the sewers in Sarn sucked because of all the ground chaos damage.

Are you set on zombie build? Might be worth switching into an srs build?

Also change Aura to a generosity linked one with damage like hatred perhaps?

Which ones are making the damage? The zombies or the skeletons? Because minion damage on the zombies would be better then life I think.

Zombie definitely. Spectres are just extras, but I can have three of them right now. Skeletons are just there when my zombies die and I have no corpses to use. I just found out about Desecrate today but I don't have it either.

Hesitant on using Generosity since that takes away benefits of Command of Darkness. Kinda need the res from it.

Dahbomb

Yeah its fine to play like that. It's not MMO tier grind for sure but at the top end there is definitely diminishing returns.

KKRT00

You dont even need to do end game content. Leveling your character through all acts should be enough fun and then you can start again with completely new build.

Dahbomb

How do you avoid the burning ground?

Also those red circles he summons are really hard to see and can one shot you.

And yeah game isn't beaten until you beat the Shaper and I guess Uber Atziri too.

InertiaXr

Is there anybody around that can invite to the gafguild? Already PMed the guys from the OT post but thats from quite long time ago, not sure they still play. My account name is same as here

Leezard

How do you avoid the burning ground?

Also those red circles he summons are really hard to see and can one shot you.

And yeah game isn't beaten until you beat the Shaper and I guess Uber Atziri too.

You can equip the minor god Aberrath to be immune to burning ground, that helps.

You can equip the minor god Aberrath to be immune to burning ground, that helps.

Also the big "whole area" burning ground actually is not the whole area. There will be a small sliver of unaffected land at one of the ends. I can't remember which, but it might be the direction Kitava breathes fire towards.

Rufus

The worst is the cross slam. If you corner yourself by, say, dodging something else shortly before, you're toast. It's a really scary fight on HC.

RIP report: This time I got dumpstered by Na'em. Spike, Leapslam, ded. Sad panda.

I was able to beat kitava without dying and much trouble on my first few characters.

That first Avarius fight on the other hand..... Those damn projectiles were not nice on my melee characters.

Ultratech

Finally got around to playing this last week.

My first week or so was pretty rough as while i got the game up and going...I had quite a few technical issues (Settings weren't saving, constant disconnects when going between zones, etc.).

Anywho, apparently those were caused by how my Account was set up on my machine (a lot of my stuff points to Network paths which PoE apparently doesn't like AT ALL).

Fired it up on a local account and it works seemingly perfect now.

Been playing a Templar aiming for a Scorching RF Inquisitor build.

Pretty neat so far, though since I haven't played D2 in forever, it's tougher to discern noticeable upgrades.
I really like how Gems/Sockets interact with each other. Just reached Act 3 this morning.

Good rule of thumb for leveling (and early endgame) gear:
On armor (helm, boots, and gloves) the most important things are slots, life, and resists. Boots can also have movement speed, which is great for QOL but can be pricey. Gloves can roll attack speed or added damage, but getting those with defensive stats is expensive.

Belts are a great place to get a lot of life and resistances for cheap.

Rings and amulets are great places to supplement whatever resists you're missing from your belt and armor. Generally look for life, whatever resists you still need, and appropriate attack stats (flat damage, cast speed, spell damage, critical chance or multiplier).

Weapons are pretty obvious. For attack skills you want high DPS, usually physical damage, attack speed, and elemental damage rolls. The passive tree has a lot of physical damage scaling, so that is usually more important than elemental rolls. Crit builds will want high crit chance and multiplier on top of solid attack rolls. For spells, you generally want a spell dagger, wand, or scepter with high spell damage, %elemental damage, cast speed, or spell crit.

Shields, if you use them, can also get you defensive or offensive stats as required. Early game I recommend dual wielding weapons in Softcore because you get a damage and attack speed multiplier.

Get your resistances capped, then start focusing on damage upgrades on defensive gear slots. Your DPS is 0 if you're dead. Elemental damage from monsters is scaled assuming you have maxed resistances, so you'll get slaughtered if you aren't keeping them high.

So I found this weird white robe that has 6 sockets all linked in a row, but they have no colors. If I put a skill at the end of the chain(it goes in line all the way to the end), can I load up the rest with support stuff and it will pass all the way to the end? Or is there a better way to use it?

So I found this weird white robe that has 6 sockets all linked in a row, but they have no colors. If I put a skill at the end of the chain(it goes in line all the way to the end), can I load up the rest with support stuff and it will pass all the way to the end? Or is there a better way to use it?

Thats Tabula Rasa and its great for leveling.

As long as the sockets are linked, they will work together.

My Doomfletch Prism character is coming a long great. Hit 84 today with it and it's cutting through T11s and T12 like butter. Need at least 1k more life and some better steel ring before I attempt guardians and shaper.

It's so satisfying shattering entire screens.

Also Uber lab has had some god awful layouts lately.

My Doomfletch Prism character is coming a long great. Hit 84 today with it and it's cutting through T11s and T12 like butter. Need at least 1k more life and some better steel ring before I attempt guardians and shaper.

It's so satisfying shattering entire screens.

Also Uber lab has had some god awful layouts lately.

Lab gas been terrible last 3 days haven't even done any runs. Doom Prism pathfinder is a lot of fun although I have played stupid on it and died to reflect more than a few times and wanted to see what I could face tank without the best of gear.

Once I get steel rings and do some wise oak balancing I will be good to go. Just waiting for a good lab layout to farm some currency.

Cerity

Dark pact totems kicked into high gear, 6L'd a soul mantle and scored a 20% self flagellation/55% clear mind. Waltzing all over maps at the moment and generating a heap currency thanks to a bisco's.

Need to sort out some defensive gear for some of the scarier fights but guardians/shaper won't be long.

Taz

Ill help people out trying to make loads of currency this is the method I use and last league I made 100+ exalts, before you start like any money making method you need money to make money,

Step 1: buy an i84 steel ring of PoE trade( 40c) (item level 84 means if can roll top tier mods)
Step 2: open http://poeaffix.net select rings and look at the rolls you are looking to hit i.e life, crit, ele dmg, res etc...
Step 3: Alt spam your ring until you hit two meta build mods ( e.g T1 life and T1 attack speed )
Step 4: slam it with a regal orb and hope you hit a good T1 mod and if you do congtrats you just made 3-14 exalts if not start over.

What I dont recommend you doing is sitting your hide out doing this all day because you dont want to flood the market and its RNG

Never exalt slam you dont need to as people buying these rings will multi mod them

Quick run down, buy i84 lvl steel or opal rings alt spam for 2 T1 mods (your ring will still be blue at this point) you got lucky and rolled T1 Life and T1 Fire res, now regal slam your ring and you hit T1 ele dmg(your ring is now yellow (rare) put it on POE Trade for 14 ex, resists are ok at T2 due to the difference been so small

Do not use this if you dont understand the game as you will end up wasting currency you need basic understading of how crafting works and what the current meta builds are.

If you check Poe trade for prices remember your 3 mod ring is worth alot more than someones with the same 3 mods but they have 2 wasted rolls like below

Your ring
T1 life
T1 Strenght
T1 Ele dmg

Poe Trade
T1 life
T1 strenght
T1 eledmg
T5 cold res
T3 crit

Ps T2 mods are sometimes worth keeping but you need to check the prices on poe trade.

Anoxida

Bro playing phys cyclone is crazy expensive. It scales really well with cheap gear up till early red maps but after that you need some serious gear. It's a lot of fun though and the only thing keeping me from doing all content at this point is probably experience. First League I've tried red maps.

Currently using disfavour 5l and kaoms thats 800 chaos right there plus some other uniques and good rares. I'd say my gear is worth about 1100 chaos. Still need taste of hate and sins rebirth flasks and cyclone enchantment on helm. Oh and 6l disfavour. I'll get this guy fully geared, clear all end content and then I might reroll or quit playing until next league. I can almost make any character now with my wealth, not sure if thats a positive or a negative really.

Edit: btw price check on a ring of mine since I cant find something similar on poe trade:

+99 life
+41 energy shield
+45 fire res
+41 light res
+46 evasion

I decided to let the buyer chose what to crafting to add. Got it up for 120 chaos atm.

Top Bottom