• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Rufus

Edit: btw price check on a ring of mine since I cant find something similar on poe trade:

+99 life
+41 energy shield
+45 fire res
+41 light res
+46 evasion

I decided to let the buyer chose what to crafting to add. Got it up for 120 chaos atm.
Life and 2 res isn't gonna sell for that, unless inflation has gone completely insane. The energy shield and evasion are worthless. What base type is it?

Btw, you can Ctrl+C an item and paste it. They all have JSON data, which is what the item info and trade macros use to work their magic. Looks like this:

Rarity: Unique
Ashrend
Buckskin Tunic
--------
Evasion Rating: 329 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 22
Str: 24
Dex: 53
Int: 17
--------
Sockets: R-G-G-G G
--------
Item Level: 61
--------
Socketed Gems are Supported by level 10 Added Fire Damage
87% increased Evasion Rating
+50 to maximum Life
+49% to Fire Resistance
Cannot be Ignited
10% increased Physical Damage with Ranged Weapons
-6 Physical Damage taken from Attacks
--------
The blasted oak stands forever.

Yesterday was a milestone for me, I managed to finally solo kill all 4 guardians. Even got Chimera without any deaths! Kinda proud of that one. Esp. about my zombies that could tank the guardians without any issues.

Then I tried the shaper and found out zombies can't tank shaper beams. Even with constantly spamming zombies, I could barely keep them up against him. Looks like persistent minions are completely useless vs shaper.

Luckily I'm SRS/Zombie hybrid so I think I can make a switch to dedicated SRS for shaper fight. I'm kinda sad, but I see no alternative for my build as I can't see how I could make zombies able to tank shaper. Unless I can get near 100% passive spell block for them. There simply is no time to keep resurrecting the minions. Might as well use the time to cast SRS.

Cartho

Is anyone else experiencing frequent and extreme lag spikes on the Xbox One version? This is the only game I have any trouble with whatsoever.

Quick question folks from a humble beginner: When selling, is it worth it to identify items first or should I just sell it without doing so?

Is anyone else experiencing frequent and extreme lag spikes on the Xbox One version? This is the only game I have any trouble with whatsoever.

It happened me once or twice in the few hours I've put in. Didn't last long.

Kadin

I haven't had any lag spikes in the 10 or so hours played yet. I have gotten disconnected a couple times though. Luckily never at a really bad time like during my first lab run but I just attribute this to maybe GGG's servers being overloaded due to it being new. Overall I'm very impressed with the performance on the console although I do notice a bit of screen tearing at times and some slowdown during intense fights.

Quick question folks from a humble beginner: When selling, is it worth it to identify items first or should I just sell it without doing so?
I only ID rares, never magic items unless I really need an upgrade, especially in the beginning when scrolls are a little more limited. Even later on I maybe ID 5-10% of the magics I pickup. I ID rares because they could be a better upgrade and I always need the orb of alterations.

Dahbomb

ID them, sometimes you can get Alchemist shards. But you don't have to pick up every Rare.

Learning what is worth picking up and identifying takes quite a bit of time to learn.

Generally all jewellery and belts. Armour/Evasion base armours. Foils, gemini claws, daggers, and certain wands should always be picked up and IDed. Jewels, too.

Then I pick up all uniques and just sell vendor the junk for alchemy shards.

Dahbomb

I just saw this trailer for the first time and I got hyped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5_NiG-tMUE

Man they really need to bring over most of the new content into the end game Atlas. I am almost certain that the next expansion is going to be an Atlas overhaul (ie. targetted towards hardcore players versus this one that was more focused on new players).

I just saw this trailer for the first time and I got hyped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5_NiG-tMUE

Man they really need to bring over most of the new content into the end game Atlas. I am almost certain that the next expansion is going to be an Atlas overhaul (ie. targetted towards hardcore players versus this one that was more focused on new players).

A lot of people are speculating the next league is going to be heavily geared towards end game. Curious to see how the Harbinger league orbs are added into the full game after harbinger is over.

Dahbomb

All of the new currency items were great and should be regular currency drops in the main game.

Harbinger and Horizon orbs are great for solo mapping as it allows you to get maps way quicker. Far less going to Poe trade to fill that one map that you don't have yet.

Engineer orb is essentially upgrade currency for Strongboxes which is fine.

Ancient Orb is great for chancing into uniques which this game needs a lot because it's hard to get items as solo self found.

Annulment orb is good for end game crafting.

Orb of Binding is really good while leveling though it's kinda useless later on. This is the one I can probably do without.

Anoxida

Life and 2 res isn't gonna sell for that, unless inflation has gone completely insane. The energy shield and evasion are worthless. What base type is it?

Btw, you can Ctrl+C an item and paste it. They all have JSON data, which is what the item info and trade macros use to work their magic. Looks like this:

Rarity: Unique
Ashrend
Buckskin Tunic
--------
Evasion Rating: 329 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 22
Str: 24
Dex: 53
Int: 17
--------
Sockets: R-G-G-G G
--------
Item Level: 61
--------
Socketed Gems are Supported by level 10 Added Fire Damage
87% increased Evasion Rating
+50 to maximum Life
+49% to Fire Resistance
Cannot be Ignited
10% increased Physical Damage with Ranged Weapons
-6 Physical Damage taken from Attacks
--------
The blasted oak stands forever.

Eh tier 1 life and two high tier 2 res with a craftable slot open can sell for quite a lot I think. This league is all about life. However I'll probably go down in price. If I can get 70+ for it in the end I'll be happy. I've gotten 2 ex for less. I did that, it ranged from 2-5 ex for similar rings. Ah well, we'll see.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Five linking is annoying because you need to be careful not to overwrite a 5L (doesn't happen often but the fear is real). I'd never craft a 5L though.

Wallach

Five linking is annoying because you need to be careful not to overwrite a 5L (doesn't happen often but the fear is real). I'd never craft a 5L though.

Agreed. Manually link it, just slow play it or you'll blow past your first 5l into a 3l + 2l and feel like your avatar.

Edit - On a side note, for maximum efficiency make sure your item is 20% quality and you 6 socket your item before going for a manual 5 link. Never manually 5 link a 6 socket max item if you don't have all 6 sockets open.

Cerity

if you're really desperate for a 5L, go & buy a jewellers touch prophecy for 30c odd and run around with that 5L while you work on crafting a 6L.

Dahbomb

For both 5l and 6l just use your own fusings. Odds are you will link before getting the Vorici cost.

I don't think I have ever gotten a 6 link past 1500 fusings. The highest I have ever gotten is 1200 on a Belly of the Beast. Usually it links within 500-600 fusings.

And yeah max quality before trying to link and for best odds do it on a 6 socket. More chance to get a 5 link and a small chance to high roll and get a 6 link too.

Dahbomb

What tier 12 map do you guys have on your Atlas that you commonly run?

I like the layout of Mud Geyser but that boss is too spooky with the shotgun projectiles.

I heard people doing Ashen Woods for tier 12 or Vault for the Divination card. There aren't good enough sextants around Vault as it's like 3 red maps. Ashen Woods is alright but I would rather just do Racecourse or Spider Forest. Last league I did Estuary map for Opal rings and Crystal Belts but those are less valuable compared to life/physical based gear now.

Dunes for tier 10. White sextants around it so easy to mod it. Underground as well for tier 10, I like this layout and you can get The Taming cards which are selling for like 70+ C right now.

I think this league I am doing Spider Forest for tier 11 as my only tier 11. This time I am going for the Doctor greed.

Shore the classic for tier 13. Not doing Atoll because now the HP of the boss is enough where he can do the Frost Nova before dying and kill me. It's a really easy boss but that Frost Nova seems to have no warning and is too dangerous for me. Shore can still take a bunch of sextants.

Going to try out Crypt for tier 14 this time. Mostly because I plan to run a different character later on that can run this map better but also because this map can drop Celestial Justicar. In the past I have enjoyed Coves at tier 14 or no tier 14 at all.

Tier 15 Abyss. Steel Rings, King's Heart (Kaom's Heart divination card), Dragon's Heart. I did this last league and was very profitable.

Kadin

All of the new currency items were great and should be regular currency drops in the main game.
They're now a permanent part of the game after they've adjusted the Currency Tab to accommodate them, if that's what you were suggesting.

They're now a permanent part of the game after they've adjusted the Currency Tab to accommodate them, if that's what you were suggesting.
Not all of them. Only the shards for pre-3.0 currency items and the Annulment shards/Orb have dedicated slots among the older currency items, which I suspect means that only Annulment orbs will be able to appear without needing to defeat Harbingers in the future.

rickyson1

it's funny how obvious people make it on here when you underprice a unique

got a Abyssus drop earlier and looked at the prices on it and listed it for 22c

then I got a dozen whispers within a couple seconds of each other and just quietly doubled the price and ended up selling it a half hour later for 35

edit: on a pretty crazy luck streak lately, in my past like maybe 6-7 hours of playtime i've gotten Abberath's Hooves,Abyssus,an Exalted Orb,a Doomfletch prophecy,a few other things worth like 10-20c each,4 diviners boxes(nothing good in them but still),and just now 6 linked a weapon that I was just trying to 5 link and only used like 20 fusings on

I've also been funding a Wander and it seems endless... but it's so much fun to play. I started with a Frostbolt totem build which I didn't like cause it couldn't kill bosses, then I made a Multistrike character which I liked but ended up wanting to try ranged, so I sunk all my currency into this current Wander... about 1500 Chaos worth so far but no regrets lol

On another note, I have no idea why/how but I just found my FIFTH Bisco's Collar this league...

I suppose this socket is as best as it gets when it comes to my Witch? I got a jewel that turns any life modifications into ES modifications (large radius), as well as +3% ES. I get +18% ES total with that jewel, which kinda feels underwhelming.
aIYexmk.png

Leezard

I suppose this socket is as best as it gets when it comes to my Witch? I got a jewel that turns any life modifications into ES modifications (large radius), as well as +3% ES. I get +18% ES total with that jewel, which kinda feels underwhelming.
aIYexmk.png

Yeah that's probably the best place for that jewel in the entire tree. There might be like one other place that is about as good.

Anoxida

Bro playing phys cyclone is crazy expensive. It scales really well with cheap gear up till early red maps but after that you need some serious gear. It's a lot of fun though and the only thing keeping me from doing all content at this point is probably experience. First League I've tried red maps.

Currently using disfavour 5l and kaoms thats 800 chaos right there plus some other uniques and good rares. I'd say my gear is worth about 1100 chaos. Still need taste of hate and sins rebirth flasks and cyclone enchantment on helm. Oh and 6l disfavour. I'll get this guy fully geared, clear all end content and then I might reroll or quit playing until next league. I can almost make any character now with my wealth, not sure if thats a positive or a negative really.

Edit: btw price check on a ring of mine since I cant find something similar on poe trade:

+99 life
+41 energy shield
+45 fire res
+41 light res
+46 evasion

I decided to let the buyer chose what to crafting to add. Got it up for 120 chaos atm.

Ended up selling it for 100 chaos. told you boys life is crazy valuable this league

Sold a majority of my rangers gear, and a lot of my currency yesterday evening to get up to 900c~. Converted that chaos to 25 exalts and ended up buying a 6L Atziri's Disfavour axe for my cyclone slayer.

Now to save for Kaom's Heart, Taste of Hate, and Sin's Rebirth.

Dahbomb

it's funny how obvious people make it on here when you underprice a unique

got a Abyssus drop earlier and looked at the prices on it and listed it for 22c

then I got a dozen whispers within a couple seconds of each other and just quietly doubled the price and ended up selling it a half hour later for 35

edit: on a pretty crazy luck streak lately, in my past like maybe 6-7 hours of playtime i've gotten Abberath's Hooves,Abyssus,an Exalted Orb,a Doomfletch prophecy,a few other things worth like 10-20c each,4 diviners boxes(nothing good in them but still),and just now 6 linked a weapon that I was just trying to 5 link and only used like 20 fusings on
Happened to me yesteray. Got a perfect roll Oro, I was going to list it as 50c but accidentally put it up as 5. Got like 20 responses in 2 minutes.

Used the money to buy a Taste of Hate.

There are people in the game who all they do is flip items/currency all dat for profit instead of actually playing the game. Them when they have enough money they just buy the gear and do the content easy, breezy. I can never play like that personally.

Decided to really up my jeweln crafting game as now people are starting to min max their characters and put a ton of currency into jewels.

Decided on a new strategy where's I'll Aug and regal any life roll. That's going to be a money maker. Did about 10 viridian jewels. Most with life rolls before my regals. Ended up with 300c in jewels if they all sell.

For ever 40c I spend on alts and regals. I'm making about 100-150c minimum. After I sell all of the jewels.

A life roll with pretty much any two other stats are going to sell for at least 5c. One decent stat like damage or crit multi and that's 10-15c. Two good rolls with life and that's 50-100c.

If they're worth 100c plus with 3 mods that's an automatic slam for me.

Decided to really up my jeweln crafting game as now people are starting to min max their characters and put a ton of currency into jewels.

Decided on a new strategy where's I'll Aug and regal any life roll. That's going to be a money maker. Did about 10 viridian jewels. Most with life rolls before my regals. Ended up with 300c in jewels if they all sell.

For ever 40c I spend on alts and regals. I'm making about 100-150c minimum. After I sell all of the jewels.

A life roll with pretty much any two other stats are going to sell for at least 5c. One decent stat like damage or crit multi and that's 10-15c. Two good rolls with life and that's 50-100c.

If they're worth 100c plus with 3 mods that's an automatic slam for me.

I sold a few jewels for decent profit but lately i've been wasting all my currency crafting steel rings with essence of contempt trying to get some GG rolls.

I'm stuck in a loading screen in the uber lab, hell no. What a fucking waste of time.

There have been issues with disconnects and hangs when loading into a new zone in lab since this league launched. Some of the darkshrines are bugged and causing the issue.

No ETA on a fix from GGG yet.

I sold a few jewels for decent profit but lately i've been wasting all my currency crafting steel rings with essence of contempt trying to get some GG rolls.

From my last batch. Where I invested about 50c in alts and regals. I so far have made 230c out of them.

Also I'm making a new uber lab farmer. I love playing RF but juggernaut and uberlab makes for slow runs. Following this build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1930275

Potential for up to like 600% increased move speed. People in the thread are doing full key runs in less than 9 minutes.

Going to change my RF back to Zerker and just make it a mapper. Or sell of the gear and invest it into my Doomfletch Prism character.

Bought an off color Queen unlinked for 210c. Just have to 5/6 link it. You need 5b1g for the build.

Dahbomb

Ah the good old Queen of the Forst. Definitely getting a lot of play this league.

Man off color Queen is worth that much? I have 3R1B2G Queen right now that is 6 linked with near max Evasion. Probably worth quite a bit but I am using it myself.

Ah the good old Queen of the Forst. Definitely getting a lot of play this league.

Man off color Queen is worth that much? I have 3R1B2G Queen right now that is 6 linked with near max Evasion. Probably worth quite a bit but I am using it myself.

Those specific colors are. 6L with 5b1g is like 700-900c right now. Not about to pay that much for an uber lab farmer.

Airbar

Neo Member
Guys, is there a Discord for GAF of Exile or a global chat you all hang out in? Normal global chat is annoying most of the time (that's why I turned it off) but would still like a community of people I can ask some newbee questions from time to time :)

Guys, is there a Discord for GAF of Exile or a global chat you all hang out in? Normal global chat is annoying most of the time (that's why I turned it off) but would still like a community of people I can ask some newbee questions from time to time :)

We have a GAF guild, and all PoE guilds have a "guild chat" where only members can talk. I haven't had global enabled in ages thanks to guild chat.

Write your character name here and someone will invite you.

Airbar

Neo Member
We have a GAF guild, and all PoE guilds have a "guild chat" where only members can talk. I haven't had global enabled in ages thanks to guild chat.

Write your character name here and someone will invite you.

So is guild chat on a character basis? Because I only do HC and die regularly and always asking for an invite would be annoying :D
But anyway, my character is named Airbar, same as here on GAF, so if someone could send an invite my way, that would be sweet.

Maybe it's just my timezone but I barely see anyone talk in Guild Chat. I'm assuming most members are in the US?

I play "after work" hours EU, busiest EU time is a bit before EU midnight I think.

If you think it's too quiet just start talking yourself! People will start their own discussions if only someone prompts them a bit.

Or you can add me as a PoE friend and we can chat endlessly that way. "GhostOfTheGreenPast", but I mostly play EU "adult compatible" times.

So is guild chat on a character basis? Because I only do HC and die regularly and always asking for an invite would be annoying :D
But anyway, my character is named Airbar, same as here on GAF, so if someone could send an invite my way, that would be sweet.

Invite is sent to a character, but your account joins. You can create new characters or switch leagues and you will stay in guild.

item links

OMG that jewel has a valid use? I thought it was a gag unique or something. Awesome!

KKRT00

No, its fully global.

--------------

Btw my Charged Dash build, based on double explosion and poison and bleed, so much fun :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaQupE5xwPU

Here is passive tree and current items:
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAREACSQA...BMHUCAQGGAQwB-gAAAAAQAI8BFAEBXgEBBQHIAAAAAA==

This shield plus those two jewels are awesome :) Such a great combo
xmn037Z.png
xDoav7k.png

What's the main stat people use to compare Carcass Jacks? Found one last night with 150% Evasion/Energy Shield and 62 to Max Life. Wondering if I should try to 6 socket/link it myself and sell it lol

Top Bottom