• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Ryan denies GOP would try to impeach Dem accused of same actions as Trump

Allard

I mean...after the fallout that was trying to impeach clinton, he's probably right. There's a reason why dems haven't moved forward with actual impeachment yet.

How would you expect them to 'move forward' with impeachment? They don't run the house where it ultimately starts, its literally all on Ryan to start the impeachment process.

I love how the GOP is clinging to the idea that Comey told Trump he wasn't under direct investigation, as if that means that Trump couldn't be at some point.

If a democrat prezzy did the same actions, I would call for impeachment. Its a two way street, man. But Rebublicans would be in the impeachment process long ago.

KingV

The best part of this is that Trump denies it happened. Ryan is basically calling him a liar while defending him.

That's why this whole situation is completely unsustainable. Are all of the republicans just going to avoid talking to the media for 2 years?

bebop242

If this was Obama or Clinton instead of Trump, they would be peeling thier faces off trying to impeach.

Fucking fuck fuckers.

We had Republicans calling for the imprisonment and even death of Hillary Clinton over the 'emails'. Somehow I doubt Paul Ryan's statement here.

They'll impeach Bill Clinton for lying about a blowjob, but not Donald Trump for obstructing justice and committing treason with Russians.
But did Clinton really lie about blowjob? He said he did not have sex as in sexual intercourse (Kenn Starr explicitly asked about Sexual Intercourse in order to nail him). Slick Willy didn't.

Tigress

And if anyone including any republicans believe that I have a bridge to sell ya. And if you are republican I flat out don't believe you are being honest if you claim you believe that (I also don't trust the people I know who are republican to not lie and claim they believe. Particularly my parents).

Just comically bold lying. No effort to make it believable because he doesn't have to. These guys could piss on our faces, call it rain, and a significant plurality of those getting drenched would believe them.

Articles of impeachment were being drawn up before Hillary won the primary. Fuck you Paul Ryan you lacking sack of shit. And fuck the GOP and Republicans, you all are terrorists.

“No. I don’t think we would, actually. I don’t think that’s at all the case,” Ryan said.
3o7aTlEXp3xLg0kGfm.webp

It's going to take a lot more than what we've got to get the GOP to turn in on themselves fully. Perhaps statutory rape, live in person.

You know, if the woman wasn't asking for it.

Surfinn

The president's new at this. I'm not using it as an excuse. I'm just letting you know. He's new. But I really wanted to let you know. It's not an excuse.

Effect

How easily it is for this guy to lie is insane. He's not alone though. Seen so many republicans lie and excuse such obviously and objectively vile shit over the last year.

These assholes spent the last 8 years demonizing Obama for every single thing he did and I'm supposed to believe that? Fuck off, Ryan, you spineless piece of shit. Enjoy being Donald's punk.

snacknuts

we all knew her
This guy would sink like a stone in the Dead Sea. You can't fit so much shit into such a small package without a tremendous level of density.

Surfinn

There would be a literal witch hunt if Hillary did one percent of the shit Trump has done and will inevitably do.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Paul! Get your spineless ass over here to Kenosha and do a town hall! Otherwise you're going to lose next year!

And most democrats wouldn't be calling for Hillary's impeachment if she was accused of the same.

No they wouldn't. If Clinton was doing all that shit, the entirety of congress would be stringing her up. Democrats are quick to turn on their own.

mcarlie

Banned
Paul! Get your spineless ass over here to Kenosha and do a town hall! Otherwise you're going to lose next year!

No they wouldn't. If Clinton was doing all that shit, the entirety of congress would be stringing her up. Democrats are quick to turn on their own.

I doubt it. There's nothing surprising about party members having these double standards.

Dehnus

But where else is Ryan going to find someone willing to grind the poor into "Anti Itching Powder for the Rich Person's Crotch".

I mean Trump steals from Cancer Victims for crying out loud! He is the dream husband for Ryan.

Pbae

I hope Trump gets a blowjob from an intern just so we can put that to the test.

"It wasn't a "Blowjob" in a traditional sense, it was a physical loyalty pledge."

"The problem isn't the blowjob, the problem is that the intern should have known better. Let's be clear, the President is new to all this. It's only natural that he would accept all forms of admiration as the leader of the free world."

"It's not illegal if he didn't enjoy it...much."

"Listen, I can suck my own dick, which believe me is huuuuge. Why would I need someone to do it for me. It's like that time during inauguration, which by the way was the largest modern inauguration ever, but hey, only FAKE news comes out from the FAILING media who wants nothing more than lie lie lie about my involvement in Russia."

I doubt it. There's nothing surprising about party members having these double standards.

It's easy to make these accusations when your source is whatever the hell you want to think. Here's some food for thought though. Maybe the reason the republicans are in this situation right now is because they are the party that is willing to put party before country.

mcarlie

Banned
It's easy to make these accusations when your source is whatever the hell you want to think. Here's some food for thought though. Maybe the reason the republicans are in this situation right now is because they are the party that is willing to put party before country.

You're incredibly naive if you think that this is something unique to republicans. This is something that occurs in every party in the world. These people are going to have double standards when it comes to their own party. Paul Ryan is clearly lying either to us or to himself but it's dumb to pretend that this would be unique to him and his colleagues.

I guess this is emblematic of the current political fragmentation of media where depending on where you get your sources there is this one completely evil side and this other perfect side that does no wrong.

Come the fuck on.

Good argument.

Top Bottom