• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAY2WIN: COD microtransactions keep getting worse - IW gives stat boosts to guns

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
So why aren't big gaming sites making a big fuss about this? I'd expect IGN, Eurogamer etc. to tell people to avoid buying COD this year but let's be real, Activision still gives those sites the big money.

They're not Bethesda- who only wants people to experience the game at the same time. But of course all the sites jumped on Bethesda's ass because they saw their free ride ending if other companies followed suit.

Maybe because we're under embargo about review stuff and can't talk about it? And what money? Not sure with small sites, and I can't speak for everyone, but most of the sites I worked for, and the one I'm working for now (PlayStation LifeStyle), the editorial team and advertising/marketing team NEVER even talk to each other. Like, if I see an ad about a game, I don't even know it's going up until it's actually up.

But yeah, keep saying that stuff since it's bound to be true, right? Also, I even called out this BS practice in this very thread and even mentioned that we are factoring it in our review: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=222128351&postcount=343 Unless, of course, you only see "media sites" as GameSpot, IGN, Polygon and Eurogamer. I mean, we're not as big as them, but we're big enough that we employ people full-time, and have millions of visitors.

Getting tricked into paying $80 for a decade old game is nothing to celebrate.

Yep. It's the same; Activision wins. I mean, people who do this, I know you want MWR so bad, but you are really sending the wrong message here.

As I said in an earlier post and possibly a different thread, wait until Christmas/January time and there will be a whole host of weapons added to the game that are only obtainable via this method.

Tip of the iceberg.

A whole 20 salvage a day, hahahaha.

Yep, I expect it, too. Pretty sure we'll see the same things we saw in BO3. Shame, really. I LOVED BO3 MP but stopped when they started putting actual guns in Supply Drops. I master prestiged it and never touched it after.

Where the reviews at?

12mn ET. We attended the review event, and played MP on home consoles this week on real world servers. Might hold off on the review to check how the game is with actual people.

Certain weapon varients are ONLY available through Supply Drops

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/794162255143256064

Disgusting.

WTF?? Really?

The media should absolutely 100% be dragging Activision through a bed of nails for this. Not merely because it's unfair or because it's greedy for a full priced game to also adopt a free to play model. They need to step up because these features are intentionally designed to prey on individuals with weak will and addictive tendencies who end up hurting themselves and their families by contributing a disproportionate share of the revenue from this.

Can't speak for everyone, but we will take a deeper look into it and will cover it without any bias.

CjTiSTnW0AAbb_-.jpg

713BeGNIS4L._SX522_.jpg

I second and third this! My "Call of Duty" game this year is TF2. So much fun (just level 34)! Fantastic SP, amazing MP (seriously, progression system in TF2 is very well done for those who like that carrot-on-a-stick thing) AND it's giving out free maps and modes.

And for those wondering, Respawn told us that anything "affecting balance" will be free. That's a "fuck yeah" moment there, no? :)

Top Bottom