• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Magazine rumor: PS4 event in April-May

VanWinkle

This could actually be a brilliant move on their part, with not showing the console yet and whatnot. They have two events. One well before Microsoft to build up hype, and one right around the same time as Microsoft, so as not to diminish the hype.

You know how when you jerk off a few times in quick succession you come less each time? Yeah, Microsoft is holding their load. You just wait.

jaypah

i hope it's real just so Microsoft can go into panic mode LOL

Sony: Announce PS4

MS: Sit motionless and remain quiet.

Gamers: "Oh shit, MS in panic mode!!1!"

Sony: Further briefing on PS4.

MS: Stick to planned announcement date.

Gamers: "Oh shit, dat MS panic mode!1!!1"

lol, wut? I'll never understand the logic. Anyway, just tell me the damn price so that retail can start taking preorders Sony. I know it gets a lil hate but I need that Knack in my life!

"Both the PS4 and the unnamed Xbox 360 successor are rumored to be slated for release later this year, in time for the holidays."

from the end of the piece.

Yeah, the bit about launching in April/May was "according to their source." Kind of weird that they just mentioned that little tidbit so briefly and nonchalantly when its kind of a massively big deal if true. (I don't think it is).

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Obviously not launching in April/May but I am getting the feeling PS4 is closer than we seem to think. Maybe a September launch isn't out of the question.

You know how when you jerk off a few times in quick succession you come less each time? Yeah, Microsoft is holding their load. You just wait.

Truth be told Microsoft will try to live up to their giant session and run into performance anxiety problems and leave everyone disappointed.

Sony on the other hand is doing a more tantric method where they ALMOST show it all but don't. When they finally do, EVERYONE has a great time.

tumblr_mklu70kIai1qjm4z5o1_250.png

Sony are going to jackrabbit us over the next few weeks and months, pumping away at us to Mark Cerny's Grinch like smile...

Microsoft are gonna come along when we least expect it and give us a long, deep... Unveiling. A proper mandingoing.

Who has the motion in the ocean?

Radec

That's a great way to counter the xbox event.

Make MS do their event, then the next day or two, show the ps4 and price. Gamers and Blogs will be divided on the coverage and attention. Not like when the PS4 was announced which has grabbed it by itself and is massive.

Banned
i hope it's real just so Microsoft can go into panic mode LOL

Why would Microsoft panic?

Sony: Announce PS4

MS: Sit motionless and remain quiet.

Gamers: "Oh shit, MS in panic mode!!1!"

Sony: Further briefing on PS4.

MS: Stick to planned announcement date.

Gamers: "Oh shit, dat MS panic mode!1!!1"

lol, wut? I'll never understand the logic. Anyway, just tell me the damn price so that retail can start taking preorders Sony. I know it gets a lil hate but I need that Knack in my life!

I know. So silly.

QP3

In a perfect world, such an event would show:

• System design
  • Pricing
  • Upcoming software at a more advanced stage of development

However, to expect too much is to set up oneself for disappointment.

Meh, at the least we will see this by E3....right?...

...Right?

THE:MILKMAN

Obviously not launching in April/May but I am getting the feeling PS4 is closer than we seem to think. Maybe a September launch isn't out of the question.

I'm thinking best of all world's for all regions and Sony. Sept-NA Oct-Japan Nov-EU.

That way Sony don't have to do a worldwide launch but all regions get it this year. Probably wishful thinking..be nice though.

jaypah

Thankfully businesses don't work like dicks. They're only run by them.

Why thankfully? I think It'd be cool to have MS wait and have a big showing. Since I potentially want both (barring MS shitting the bed) it's cool to have a trickle of info from one to keep me occupied and a blow out from the other for maximum hype. Your punchline got a chuckle out of me though!

Seems a little strange to release anything big before E3.

I dunno, I kind of like big E3 announcement/surprises....Sony tends to reveal a lot beforehand.

Alebrije

PRE E3 Sony event to show PS4 , price and online strategy.

E3 : PS4 games ( hype momentum )

MS E3 : Shows 720.

NINTENDO E3 : WiiU games to save the year.

Good times come ... : )

Banned
Microsoft is so LTTP.

Party doesn't start till one of them is on sale.

That's a great way to counter the xbox event.

Make MS do their event, then the next day or two, show the ps4 and price. Gamers and Blogs will be divided on the coverage and attention. Not like when the PS4 was announced which has grabbed it by itself and is massive.

What Microsoft event?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I highly doubt we get price that early.

Meh, at the least we will see this by E3....right?...

...Right?

for a rumored oct/nov launch, they pretty much have to. they'll have plenty of time between now and E3 to stick out their feelers and see what kind of price people are willing to pay based on feedback from their events. sony is playing things really smart right now, and i highly doubt they're going to reveal all their big news bits before E3. they won't run out of steam.

i've said it before and i'll say it again, even as a sony fan: MS and Sony are both playing their cards how they need to based on their current positions. MS is doing fine financially and has enjoyed a lead this generation and good mind share, so it makes sense that they can be relaxed on releasing news. Sony has been recovering from a pricey launch, PLENTY of memes and consumer laughter at a lot of their gaffes, the PSN hack, and then aggressively clawing back consumer trust and mindshare through price cuts, PS+ service, great game releases, and now the Sony restructuring and SCEJ restructuring. they NEED to keep PS4 on people's minds, and space out their news bits to keep people excited and communicating to their fans that they're listening. (and by that i mean with little things like: included headset, real XMB, listening to the game devs needs for once, and tactically eliminating other annoyances and inconveniences PS3 was plagued with this gen)

that turned into a rant. /sorry

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Strange. Can't see why or what they'd exhibit here instead of saving for E3. But maybe they really do have THAT much to show, in which case, bring it on.

Party doesn't start till one of them is on sale.

What Microsoft event?
The April 26 one that was heavily rumoured and now rumoured further to being pushed back into May.

Pennywise

Seems a little strange to release anything big before E3.

I dunno, I kind of like big E3 announcement/surprises....Sony tends to reveal a lot beforehand.

Maybe they just have alot to show.
Apart from the hardware there are so much rumors floating around the software.
And for big suprises they will surely take their time, for example the Versus rumor.

Majine

Banned
I always thought it would be smart to have some event in between the Feb 20th one and E3, to keep people talking about it. The hype will amp up enough during the fall for it to take care of itself.

Top Bottom