• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Magazine rumor: PS4 event in April-May

Well in the process of blowing loads on us gamers, just hope Sony doesn't turn around at E3 and pinch off a big fat loaf on our chests spoiling the celebration somehow.

Damn...I like Sony right now...they certainly aren't playing around with the ps4, the hype from devs and what they've shown so far have convinced me to pick up a ps4 day one

komaruR

my guess would be the console form but no pricing.
then little more detail on the ui with some more indie game announcement.
maybe the new camera?

pricing and date will be at e3
premium subscription pricing
with more major game annoucement

sflufan

Banned
IF this is true -- and this is a big IF -- it appears that Sony really is treating this launch with quite a bit more gravitas than it did the PS3.

I certainly don't want to use the ridiculous cliche of "life and death", but I really do think Sony acknowledges the seriousness with which it must approach this generation for the overall financial health of the company.

Reiko

Banned
So right now... In regards to blowing their load on info:

peter-north3el12.jpg

Sony: In huge amounts. Continuously pumping out more info.

5167315206_aeae8393e3delhj.jpg

Microsoft: Waiting for one event to blow a huge load of Xbox info.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Polyphony sounds like E3 tbh if they have presence at all yet with we having Driveclub and everything.
The same way I don't expect PGR and Forza to overlap, I don't expect Driveclub and GT6 to overlap.

At least a year apart. GT6 probably more.

ReaperXL7

Maybe the Gaikai team wae able to get more done sooner than expected and sony will use this to show off those features in depth, and the hardware.

Then as some suspected they could use E3 for games, talk about Vita, and im sure the PS3 will also get sometime at E3 aswell.

I know some will scoff at any chance of Vita talk, but if Sony is planning on making it a strong companion to the PS4 as they seem to, I would not be surprised by a relaunch of sorts.

IF this is true -- and this is a big IF -- it appears that Sony really is treating this launch with quite a bit more gravitas than it did the PS3.

I certainly don't want to use the ridiculous cliche of "life and death", but I really do think Sony acknowledges the seriousness with which it must approach this generation for the overall financial health of the company.

Cerny already commented how PS4 launch would be better than PS3 (I mean OBVIOUSLY but still, they have entirely different mindset and resources).

There are still quite a few 1st party stuff ect they could reveal. I expect most to be saved for E3 of course but would be cool to get one more reveal before E3 hits. There is still Guerillas RPG, GT6, Singularity, Naughty Dog game, Ready at Dawn game to be revealed from the top of my head. Also Last Guardian (lol).

It might not be wise to have too much at E3, they want to give 3rd parties room too.

This event makes sense. Think about it, maybe Sony will release the console during E3. It's a very smart strategy. Imagine during the conference: "Available right now in stores!" supported by close to 6 launch titles.

That would be the ultimate...

statham

Sony: Announce PS4

MS: Sit motionless and remain quiet.

Gamers: "Oh shit, MS in panic mode!!1!"

Sony: Further briefing on PS4.

MS: Stick to planned announcement date.

Gamers: "Oh shit, dat MS panic mode!1!!1"

lol, wut? I'll never understand the logic. Anyway, just tell me the damn price so that retail can start taking preorders Sony. I know it gets a lil hate but I need that Knack in my life!
MS seems very confident in what they have.

BlazinAm

Price + preorder details I bet. Hopefully the actual console gets shown too.
Doubtful.
Every day without the announcement of the next Xbox is a PS4 event.
There's a joke in here.
So right now... In regards to blowing their load on info:

peter-north3el12.jpg

Sony: In huge amounts. Continuously pumping out more info.

5167315206_aeae8393e3delhj.jpg

Microsoft: Waiting for one event to blow a huge load of Xbox info.

... That man's shirt is tacky as fuck.

artist

Banned
Sony: Announce PS4

MS: Sit motionless and remain quiet.

Gamers: "Oh shit, MS in panic mode!!1!"

Sony: Further briefing on PS4.

MS: Stick to planned announcement date.

Gamers: "Oh shit, dat MS panic mode!1!!1"

lol, wut? I'll never understand the logic. Anyway, just tell me the damn price so that retail can start taking preorders Sony. I know it gets a lil hate but I need that Knack in my life!
Typical defensive post from you, thanks for the lulz.

Alebrije

Seems for some people whatever Sony do it must make Microsoft in panic mode

The only fact that we have is that SONY is doing so much better with the PS4 than PS3 , this wont put MS on panic mode but I bet they are more concerned now than before.

"A war is coming and nobody can avoid it"

UberTag

Love Sony's aggressive approach to fueling the PS4 hype machine.

The more details they can throw out before MSFT says a peep... details they can deliver on... the better it will be for them in terms of fuelling a momentum shift in North America this fall.

Truth be told Microsoft will try to live up to their giant session and run into performance anxiety problems and leave everyone disappointed.

Sony on the other hand is doing a more tantric method where they ALMOST show it all but don't. When they finally do, EVERYONE has a great time.

These posts are killing me as i read through the thread. Funny shit.

Banned
The April 26 one that was heavily rumoured and now rumoured further to being pushed back into May.

There's a rumored MS event in May. WAS scheduled in april, supposedly, and now rumored to be moved to May.

So Sony is countering an event that Microsoft has not said one word about? I dont think so.

Typical defensive post from you, thanks for the lulz.

His post was right on point. So thanks for the lulz.

maltrain

Price will be THE LAST thing we'll know... two months before the launch at best or, at least, after Microsoft give their price. It's a key info...

Jack_AG

Banned
Hmmm... makes sense if they plan to focus E3 on games. Would be a smart move to show how much support the PS4 has by focusing on launch titles. Showcase the PS4 before E3 so during it they can show developer support.

Top Bottom