• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Magazine rumor: PS4 event in April-May

The only fact that we have is that SONY is doing so much better with the PS4 than PS3 , this wont put MS on panic mode but I bet they are more concerned now than before.

"A war is coming and nobody can avoid it"

late May(rumored)-early June(E3)-late June(Microsoft Build,rumored also have something for Xbox)-maybe MS back to gamescom-maybe MS back to TGS

Is that not enough?

Sony or MS,both would and should concerned their competitors,but won't in panic mode because their competitors show something first

sunnz

I have a feeling it will be about the social features and such, like an in depth reveal.

so they can focus E3 more on games, which would be awesome.

Sony: Announce PS4

MS: Sit motionless and remain quiet. Make remarks to the media about how nobody will watch the PS4 reveal and the world won't even take notice of the PS4

Gamers: "Oh shit, MS in panic mode!!1!"

Sony: Further briefing on PS4. PS4 reveal vid goes viral with 25million+ views.

MS: Stick to planned announcement date. Total silence. Xbox event web domain registered shortly after. Rumoured reveal date pushed back.

Gamers: "Oh shit, dat MS panic mode!1!!1"

lol, wut? I'll never understand the logic. Anyway, just tell me the damn price so that retail can start taking preorders Sony. I know it gets a lil hate but I need that Knack in my life!

Fixed for factual accuracy ;)

Alebrije

late May(rumored)-early June(E3)-late June(Microsoft Build,rumored also have something for Xbox)-maybe MS back to gamescom-maybe MS back to TGS

Is that not enough?

Sony or MS,both would and should concerned their competitors,but won't in panic mode because their competitors show something first

Yea I know , the only way MS could enter in panic mode is if the console showed by Sony is far beyond what they expected and I dos not see that happen.

Naughty Dog has two teams.

I'm pretty sure they are working on a new title.

I really don't think they would do a second new IP before UC4. Sony has few big 1st party games and God of War just released and who knows how long till GT6 is out. SOMEBODY must be working on UC4 and I would be very surprised if it isn't Naughty Dog.

Fixed for factual accuracy ;)

1.http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47705854&postcount=231
lol.. people are going too much into a ripoff article. He's just doing PR sales speak. People should know that the original article is about the X360 catching up the Wii and turning into the market leader in UK.

Original article:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-overtakes-wii-in-uk-we-ve-won-this-round/0110895

Full Interview:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/the-...ey-eagle-on-a-successful-year-for-360/0110897

There will be a lot of attention on PlayStation next week. Is there anything Microsoft needs to do to ensure it has share of voice?

Eagle: All we know that there is an event planned on February 20th. So we can only wait and see what is announced. We are very happy with our offering at the moment. Our software market share in value was 55 per cent. So we are pretty happy.

Grimes: The reason why I love this industry is because there’s always new things happening. But we are also fantastic at creating stories that may or may not happen. The key thing for my team is to focus on who is buying today. Whatever gets announced on February 20th, the majority of consumers in the UK won’t know. They’ll still want to buy the devices out there. So in terms of noise our job will be to ensure that the consumers that are going into stores, going online, still see and experience Xbox, rather than get lost in the industry chatter. Whatever is announced is important from an industry perspective, but we must remember who is buying right now.

2.Rumored news and rumored news and rumored news make them become panic mode?well

Raonak

Banned
Im guessing they're doing this, so then they can spend some time showcasing Vita, and possibly even PS3. Im guessing maybe vita and ps3 pricecuts. ?

Event1 -> PS4 reveal
Event2 -> Box, More games, more features?
E3 -> PS4 + Vita + PS3

I love the new balls-deep Sony. Not even wrappin' it up. Sony is sticking it in 2013. I'm loving it.

There is no such thing.

No such thing.

This would be cool. Expecting them to save megatons for E3 but this would allow them to showcase some smaller games that would get lost in the crowd at E3, show the console, and show the OS features in action.

It's a great strategy. Get all the technical information out there, get the system specs, design and features out there, show a few games, all before E3. And then, E3 comes and you just GO AT IT. So good.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This would be cool. Expecting them to save megatons for E3 but this would allow them to showcase some smaller games that would get lost in the crowd at E3, show the console, and show the OS features in action.

E3 is more irrelevant with every passing year.

cdtl3nbecbni.jpg

Stream starts.
Walk on
"It isn't region locked"
Walk off.
Stream goes black.

I'll be more than happy.

I can almost guarantee Microsoft's event will be huge and surprising. Aggressive MS is no joke.

It'll be huge all right. But huge MTV teen choice awards huge or huge gaming huge? That remains to be seen.

it'd be awesome for them not to show the design... it is building such hype. but the longer they hold off the better that design better effing be. maybe leak a few different images and get see some reactions.

Gorillaz

The more I think about it, this might be more gaikai stuff and UI info. seems best to let that have it's own thing as well.

LuuKyK

Wow, Sony is on a roll. Im so excited for all these events to begin. It will be such an overwhelming part of the year. I can already feel the hype.

You know how when you jerk off a few times in quick succession you come less each time? Yeah, Microsoft is holding their load. You just wait.

help.gif
What a weird analogy.

BadWolf

If true then it sounds like Sony doesn't want to give MS any breathing room, a second conference pre-E3 would clearly be a counter to MS's reveal.

Top Bottom