• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PCSX2 1.2.0 released! Emulate your PS2 games at high resolution and frame rates.

Sorry guys I am a complete noob when it comes to emulation. Been reading through the step by step guides and I have been having trouble understanding what I need to do in order to get the bios of my ps2.

My mind goes completley blank and I am just getting confused.

Before I can play my ps2 games on my pc I would greatly appreciate any help in obtaining whatever I need in order to get this working...

mclem

Has anyone done any experimentation into combining PCSX2 with Steam Home Streaming? My laptop is nice but it does struggle with the more demanding titles; my upstairs PC ought to handle it better (Although that said, laptop is an i7, desktop an i5, so there might be an advantage there)

Noob question but I have both a capable PC and a 360 and want to replay MGS3 and DMC3. Am I better off buying the hd collections or emulating the original PS2 games?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Noob question but I have both a capable PC and a 360 and want to replay MGS3 and DMC3. Am I better off buying the hd collections or emulating the original PS2 games?

DmC3 has a PC port that if I remember correctly, modders spruced up pretty nicely.

meanspartan

According to their compatibility list, Jak X is now working, but with version 1.3.0.

However, their downloads only have 1.2.0 and 1.2.1.

What gives?

Sentenza

Hey, so there is no way to get a dev build later than March 23rd? They said they switched bots or something and i havent been able to find an actual download link to the newest stuff.
While I would be interested in a good option as well, in the meantime you can try to check this:
http://www.emucr.com/

The site is a bit shitty to navigate, but they tend to release regularly the updated versions for a lot of different emulators.

Sakujou

Banned
Hi there, i have a macbook pro i5,8gb ram(late2013). Can i play ffxii international in a playable framerate? Can i plug my ps3 controller to it?

Hi there, i have a macbook pro i5,8gb ram(late2013). Can i play ffxii international in a playable framerate? Can i plug my ps3 controller to it?

Depends if you have bootcamp and windows installed. The Mac version of PCSX2 is currently in a state of garbage. The linux version is making great strides for parity with Windows, but mac is still going no where. No mention of video card, but the i5's built in one should be fine for native resolution (same as PS2) maybe even 2x if you're lucky.

Seik

Banned
Oh shit. 1.3.0?!

I'm in!

Will someone make a new thread for this or it would be better asking a mod to change the title?

Oh shit. 1.3.0?!

I'm in!

Will someone make a new thread for this or it would be better asking a mod to change the title?

No reason to... 1.3.0 is a beta release (there was 1.3.0 the moment 1.2.0 was released).

All odd numbered entries are betas. Even numbers are the actual releases (So say that 1.3.0 is builds 7000-9000, 1.4.0 is build 9001, 1.5.0 is builds 9002-12000, etc etc build numbers were just random to give an example)

Seik

Banned
No reason to... 1.3.0 is a beta release (there was 1.3.0 the moment 1.2.0 was released).

All odd numbered entries are betas. Even numbers are the actual releases (So say that 1.3.0 is builds 7000-9000, 1.4.0 is build 9001, 1.5.0 is builds 9002-12000, etc etc build numbers were just random to give an example)

Oh, I see, thanks for clarifying. :)

Sentenza

I realize it may sound whiny, but damn, PCSX2 people should definitely consider to put some work in updating the interface.
The emulator itself is great, but stuff like Dolphin or PPSSPP puts it in shame when it comes to UI.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Same with the MGS series. I would say that I hope to see a 360/ps3 emulator but with the amount of remasterings and PC ports that won't even be an issue.

I realize it may sound whiny, but damn, PCSX2 people should definitely consider to put some work in updating the interface.
The emulator itself is great, but stuff like Dolphin or PPSSPP puts it in shame when it comes to UI.

The thing is, that UI is a relatively new one... the older UI was garbage... That said, the PCSX2 team is running on about half as many people as they had 2-3 years ago. And those remaining members aren't the scarily god tier ones like Jake and Cottonvibes who both ended up with some really high paying jobs that took their focus away.

EvaUnit02

Neo Member
Has anyone tried Drakengard? Videos and menus really stutter and I'm not sure what settings, if any, I can change to resolve that.

Sakujou

Banned
now i have win8 on my macbook running.

i want to run ff12izjs as smooth as possible.

what are the best options? i dont know anything about the emulation.

also when i start the game, a few minutes later the fan in my macbook goes batshit. never heard the fan before so i was shocked... so any advice? is this normal? wont it kill my macbook?

s_mirage

Is anyone else worried about the future of this emulator? It's progression seems to have more or less stopped, there are serious bugs that have been around for years, and the bitchfest between some of the PCSX2 and Dolphin authors can't exactly be encouraging for anyone wanting to get involved (and personally I thought the Dolphin guys had some good points that were dismissed).

Sentenza

Is anyone else worried about the future of this emulator? It's progression seems to have more or less stopped, there are serious bugs that have been around for years, and the bitchfest between some of the PCSX2 and Dolphin authors can't exactly be encouraging for anyone wanting to get involved (and personally I thought the Dolphin guys had some good points that were dismissed).
Can't say I know a thing about this bitchfest you are referring about, but I read even PCSX2 developers admitting quite openly that all the talented coders who made the emulator what it is today are gone and the project is stalling.
Just out of curiosity, do you have any more details to share?

s_mirage

Just out of curiosity, do you have any more details to share?

I'm probably overdramatising it. It's mainly in this thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-In-l...hes-full-speed-on-the-Tegra-K1-Jetson?page=21

Basically the main objection of the Dolphin developers to working on PCSX2 was that bundling a toolbar with the PCSX2 installer was a bit scummy. That's now gone but not because of dev concerns. A bit of a row ensued.

I do think they had some good points though: it does seem daft to still be using a plugin system when same plugins are used by virtually everyone, and since the plugins are treated as separate the bug reporting system is a total mess.

Dmax3901

So it seems there's a ghosting issue with God of War II. I did some searching and it looks like the half-pixel offset hack is supposed to be fix it, but I'm not having any luck.

Anyone able to offer any tips?

This is kinda off topic but, man, are they ever gonna release the upgrading emulation feature for PS1 games on PS4 as was rumored a while ago (with the patents or whatever).

Using an emulator on PC is a great way to do it, obviously, but I'd love for the feature to be available in an official channel.

spons

Gold Member
Gabest is back with a huge commit - an OpenCL-accelerated renderer for GSDX. If only I were smart enough to know what this will mean for PS2 emulation... but judging from his previous work it's probably something good, although he's critical about the entire thing himself.

Gabest is back with a huge commit - an OpenCL-accelerated renderer for GSDX. If only I were smart enough to know what this will mean for PS2 emulation... but judging from his previous work it's probably something good, although he's critical about the entire thing himself.

My guess is that he's basically trying to do software rendering on the GPU's shader units instead of the CPU, which should lead to better performance and could at least enable proper anti-aliasing (according to his post). Current HW mode suffers from glitches in quite a few games that are apparently hard to fix.

s_mirage

Unfortunately he's committed it to the old SVN rather than the current GIT repository. Hopefully that will get sorted pretty shortly.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I tried to go to pad configuration on PCSX2, but the sensitivity settings is darkened for me.

Bump for help!

I just started using this, and I have the same problem.

I have a 360 wired pad connected, and for some reason the sensitivity settings are darkened for me as well.

Anyone know how to fix this? I have awful analog drift in the game I'm emulating...

Pachimari

Edit:

Is it normal that I am seeing some form of ghosting in Final Fantasy X?

7Rok94k.jpg

Ploid 3.0

Oh my goodness, I decided to try this out again since I haven't tried in a long time. This baby is now running my FFXIII at 60fps and 1080p (i've upgraded to gtx 760 from 460 since I last tried. Also they had a new version). Finally I will finish Persona 3 and 4, I really FFXIII international released in the US. Bring on the HD Remake and on PC and I'll grab it SE!

So many old PS2 games to mess with, too bad I gave so so many away.

Mairu

Has anyone played Amplitude or other rhythm games on PCSX2? I'm curious if it's worth it to rip the games and set it up on my PC or if timing/input lag is going to make it unplayable

Top Bottom