• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 was the #1 most downloaded game at the US PS Store in April, #13 in EU

FelipeMGM

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/05/05/playstation-store-aprils-top-downloads/

The long-awaited Persona 5 rocked the PlayStation 4 charts with a stellar debut last month, followed by long-standing fan favorite Grand Theft Auto V and Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

US Top 10 PS4

1 Persona 5
2 Grand Theft Auto V
3 UNCHARTED The Nathan Drake Collection
4 The Last Of Us Remastered
5 MLB The Show 17
6 Rocket League
7 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
8 Outlast 2
9 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
10 ARK: Survivor's Pack
11 KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 +2.5 ReMIX
12 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
13 Horizon Zero Dawn
14 The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
15 Mass Effect: Andromeda
16 Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor – Game of the Year Edition
17 Dishonored Definitive Edition
18 Need for Speed
19 EA SPORTS FIFA 17
20 EA SPORTS UFC 2

EU

PS4:

1. FIFA 17 (4)
  2. Grand Theft Auto V (Re-entry)
  3. ARK: Survival Evolved (9)
  4. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (RE)
  5. Sniper Elite 3 (RE)
  6. Dragon Age: Inquisition (RE)
  7. Rocket League (3)
  8. Battlefield 1 (11)
  9. EA Sports UFC 2 (18)
  10. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (2)
  11. Batman: Arkham Knight (RE)
  12. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (10)
  13. Persona 5 (New)
  14. Overwatch: Origins Edition (RE)
  15. Minecraft (14)
  16. Outlast 2 (New)
  17. Dying Light (RE)
  18. Rise of the Tomb Raider (RE)
  19. Star Wars Battlefront (20)
  20. Horizon Zero Dawn (1)

Recall

Incredible game. Granted it's my first Persona title (sorry) but I've had a real hard time putting down the controller. It's one of those games that I know will leave a massive void once I've finished it.

GeeTeeCee

Well yeah, the game is onlyavailable in english, it was never going to do amazing here because of that. UK PSN numbers would be interesting tho.

Plus there's also the ridiculous digital pricing for new games on UK PSN (not sure about the rest of Europe's pricing) that make buying physical a way more attractive proposition than going digital. I think most if not all of the older games in that chart were on sale during that month.

And you gotta get that P5 steelbook...

OléGunner;235815205 said:
It's 54.99 on UK PSN.
That's very high.

But there's lack of physical stock so I thought more people would plump for digital.

Lack of localization probably hurt it a lot in most of continental Europe. Pretty much only Nordics and Dutch are used on playing games in english. In some places like Italy and Spain game is dead on arrival without localization as average english proficiency is pretty low.

So if I didn't enjoy 4, is this game better? I couldn't even finish 4, it just wasn't a fun game.

It's largely the same with quality of life improvements. If you didn't the like the flow of the game, social sim aspects, combat ect. then you probably won't. I'd say it's a better more polished version of P4.

Very cool. Looks like the Persona franchise has officially entered the big leagues with 5.

So if I didn't enjoy 4, is this game better? I couldn't even finish 4, it just wasn't a fun game.

A relevant anecdote - I absolutely hated Persona 3, so much so that I completely gave up on it halfway through. Despite that, I decided to give 4 Golden a try nonetheless because of the relentless fawning for it and because it happened to be on sale on PSN. I ended up loving it. It fixed a lot of the issues that made 3 such a slog. And 5 is even better for 4. So it might be worth giving the franchise a second shot.

Stanng243

It's largely the same with quality of life improvements. If you didn't the like the flow of the game, social sim aspects, combat ect. then you probably won't. I'd say it's a better more polished version of P4.

Thank you. I didn't like the flow or the combat. The story wasn't that intriguing either.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I didnt see it coming

Styles

It debuted higher than Horizon
clap3.gif

Arkeband

Banned
Really odd to see an Atlus JRPG, one of the genres and publishers most known for collectibility, leading digital sales on anything.

Top Bottom