• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 was the #1 most downloaded game at the US PS Store in April, #13 in EU

NastyBook

Well deserved sales. They need to patch this fucking cat, though. Went to a museum art show in the afternoon and this fucker forces me to go to sleep when I get back home. I feel like less of a damn prisoner if the Velvet Room...

Oreiller

What? I thought it wasn't even legally possible to release a console game nowadays in Europe without it being at least subtitled into the EFIGS languages!

Did Persona 5 really only come in English or did you mean just English dub but does have text and subtitles in other languages?

Most RPGs that release in Europe are only available in english. As far as I know, the only Atlus games that were translated in any other language were Nocturne, Catherine and the first Etrian Odyssey.

Lunar15

It's awesome and well deserved for the game. P-Studio put out a worthy successor to the franchise and continues to do stuff no one else is doing.

Now Atlus just needs to get their heads out of their asses and go back to being a little bit cooler with their fans. Back when P4 came out all those years ago, they had a pretty good relationship with fans (unless you're in the EU). Now I feel like there's just so many gaffes: streaming/screenshot restrictions, mixed marketing messages, bad DLC practices, etc.

Still making great games, just not always doing the right thing as a company.

Good. Japanese gaming has had an amazing resurgence in the first part of this year between Zelda, RE7, Persona 5, etc. I want to pick up P5, but I'm holding off until I can go through my backlog a bit more. It would be awesome on Switch since I spend a lot of time on the train, but I'm not holding my breath there.

Niks

I'm one of those digital sales. Great game, deserved sales.

Now excuse me, I have to go sleep early.

the west is eating up jrpgs like theres no tomorrow
between persona doing great and ff actually handily overtaking 13's us sales , i couldnt be happier.
finally devs can see people outside japan actually like to buy japanese games and they no longer need 200 low budget jrpgs with the moeblob waifu schlock to sustain the devs

Unknown?

Good. Japanese gaming has had an amazing resurgence in the first part of this year between Zelda, RE7, Persona 5, etc. I want to pick up P5, but I'm holding off until I can go through my backlog a bit more. It would be awesome on Switch since I spend a lot of time on the train, but I'm not holding my breath there.
If there's wifi on the train you can remote play it on Vita or a laptop/android tablet.

What's amazing is that unlike Uncharted or Zelda it doesn't have one single bad or mixed review. It's baseline is 80/100.

ethomaz

Banned
https://blog.br.playstation.com/2017/05/05/ps-store-os-mais-vendidos-de-abril/

Brazil list
Its not on the top20 for PS4
For PS3 its the 16th

Thats quite a surprise to even appear for PS3, but i can guess why the ps4 version is not on top20

- persona physical Edition is only available for PS4
- PS3 version is cheaper, and PS4 New games on ps store is Very expensive for Brazil standards,
- physical Edition is cheaper than digital, so who purchased for PS4, bought the physical edition probably, ps store top 20 is generally games that are on Sale or CoD or Fifa/Pes
PS3 userbase is way bigger than PS4 here... and most early adopter (these that bought PS4 in the first or second year) uses US PSN account.

Surprised to see it so low in Europe. But then that's a much more diverse audience, and maybe it's not as big in some countries.

https://blog.br.playstation.com/2017/05/05/ps-store-os-mais-vendidos-de-abril/

Brazil list
Its not on the top20 for PS4
For PS3 its the 16th

Thats quite a surprise to even appear for PS3, but i can guess why the ps4 version is not on top20

- persona physical Edition is only available for PS4
- PS3 version is cheaper, and PS4 New games on ps store is Very expensive for Brazil standards,
- physical Edition is cheaper than digital, so who purchased for PS4, bought the physical edition probably, ps store top 20 is generally games that are on Sale or CoD or Fifa/Pes

Cant forget that a sizeable chunk of the PS4 Userbase here uses an US account

Fake edit: Beaten

Nimby

Banned
We going pass a million sold, baby!

It's at 1.5 million worldwide. That was two weeks after it launched in NA/EU. It should have sold more than Street Fighter V at this point.

One of my favorite games ever made. The dungeons in P5 really elevated the game much more compared to 3/4.

Zafir

Surprised to see it so low in Europe. But then that's a much more diverse audience, and maybe it's not as big in some countries.
Well, not really. The prices are pretty rubbish on the EU PSN store. Persona is probably a game that appeals more to dedicated gamers, gamers who probably know how to make a US account, buy credit and get the digital copy from there. I think that's doubly true when you consider ATLUS have been screwing fans in Europe over for years, I think most people probably had to learn about that stuff if they didn't want to wait an age to play one of their games.

Furthermore, no other languages besides English probably puts a lot of people off too, since not everyone is going to have a good enough grasp at the language to play through an 100 hour text heavy RPG. Especially in countries which are used to having things localised.

There couldn't be a better game that deserved it more than P5. Seriously, it's a masterpiece. I can definitely say that here in the UK the game's been sold out since launch. Only recently did they replenish stocks. It sold like hotcakes.

Luckily I pre-ordered and got my Take Your Heart Edition. Awesome collector's edition.

FDC1

There was a huge Easter sale in Europe, basically all the top spots are occupied by games being part of this sale.

farisr

Nice!

In other news, EU as usual:

PS one & PS2 Classics--
1.Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (1)
2.Crash Bandicoot (4)
3.Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (2)
4.CTR: Crash Team Racing (3)

It'd be pretty Nsane if the remaster manages to chart high in June with only one day of release.

Loris146

Nice!

In other news, EU as usual:

PS one & PS2 Classics--
1.Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (1)
2.Crash Bandicoot (4)
3.Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (2)
4.CTR: Crash Team Racing (3)

It'd be pretty Nsane if the remaster manages to chart high in June with only one day of release.

Crash is going to sell a lot. Marketing push has been good so far and the price point is perfect.

Considering how some European countries are particularly fond of jrpgs and Japanese media in general, this gap really demonstrates the terrible job that Atlus has done in trying to establish their brand over here.

I bought it digitally in US because Bestbuy/UPS couldn't get their delivery together on time. Still making my way through, but enjoying it.

It's such a great game. It even makes me happy to think about the game and hum the music while I'm going out/at work etc. I feel like I am a Persona wielder too.

Hopefully the big sales encourage a sooner than not SMT game on PS4. Whether a spin off or Persona based or whatever. Don't want to wait another 5 years before the next release.

I know it's old news but GTAV still being second in both the EU and NA is an incredible achievement. Likewise it feels like minecraft is a permanent feature on lists like this for essentially every platform on he market. The legs on both of those games is fucking outstanding.

Impressive from persona 5 as well. It just always gets me seeing those games forever selling.

13th in EU makes some sense, every customer I've spoken to at work that was trying to buy Persona 5 has all said they didn't want to purchase a digital version even with it being the only option. They have instead all been waiting for the physical restock, which, at least at our store, was a whole 2 copies that sold within an hour. Deep Silver and Atlus seriously underestimated demand both on launch and after.

Trace

Banned
EU continues to give Sega reasons not to release at the same time over there. Get your shit together EU.

Reknoc

EU continues to give Sega reasons not to release at the same time over there. Get your shit together EU.

I'd say they have their shit together by not being press ganged into the ludicrously priced PSN edition because of abysmal stock.

Rather Dashing

Neo Member
Well deserved sales. They need to patch this fucking cat, though. Went to a museum art show in the afternoon and this fucker forces me to go to sleep when I get back home. I feel like less of a damn prisoner if the Velvet Room...
The cat decides you need to sleep at the same times that the protagonist of Persona 4 decides he needs to sleep of his own volition. There are even a couple times when Morgana isn't around, but the main character decides he needs to sleep anyway, just as though Morgana was there.

If the cat was patched, it'd just be replacing "You must be tired" with "I'm tired".

Top Bottom