• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5's requirement players must agree to before playing is absolute nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-flux

Hardly flavor text if the game kicks you back to the title screen for not agreeing. I'd say that's stuff that matters.

Seems like Atlus sure is fizzling away a lot of good will they've earned over the years on a completely pointless endeavor.

Have you actually played the game? By agreeing to the conditions your character agrees to igors contract that he has made for you, just like in the others but this time you can actually decline it, and what do you know, the adventure doesn't start if you don't agree to his supernatural contract.

If atlus loses anybody because of this then it is probably for the best..

3N5iuKlFr.gif

Hardly flavor text if the game kicks you back to the title screen for not agreeing. I'd say that's stuff that matters.

Seems like Atlus sure is fizzling away a lot of good will they've earned over the years on a completely pointless endeavor.

Arrogant Atlus is back.

mdubs

Banned

How do you function on a day to day basis? You agree to all sorts of implied terms of agreement simply by going about your life

shanafan

The narrator continues, "Then unfortunately I cannot allow you to partake in this game" and kicks me back to the title screen.

What? That is absolute nonsense. Why didn't the box have this disclaimer and requirement on it when I purchased it? Why wasn't there some sort of warning I had to agree to this unheard of requirement before I could play the game? Atlus was happy to take my money without first disclosing this mandatory agreement. Nowhere did I see it on the box or in any product descriptions.

Ha, this is actually a pretty interesting point. If I do not agree with the terms and conditions, I should be able to return the game for a full refund, right?

Amir0x

Banned
I've seen some shit on GAF, and I refuse to believe this complaint is serious. It's such an absurd, pointless complaint that the time he wasted making this thread was more of an inconvenience than the silly fourth wall breaking that occurred for all of two seconds in Persona 5.

I'm going to pretend this was an ace troll and Kotaku got trolled hard too.

I boot Persona 5 up and immediately upon starting a new game, it informs you the game is a work of fiction; that any resemblance to real life is purely coincidental. That's fine, I guess. It's nothing I haven't seen before. But then -- then -- it asks you to actually agree to the above garbage. It says "Only those who have agreed to the above have the privilege of partaking in this game." Of course I hit I do not agree. The game then completely mischaracterizes your answer by saying, "Everything that happens from here on is real..." No, that's not what I said. I said I don't agree everything in the game is purely a work of fiction. I find that incredibly hard to believe.

The narrator continues, "Then unfortunately I cannot allow you to partake in this game" and kicks me back to the title screen.

What? That is absolute nonsense. Why didn't the box have this disclaimer and requirement on it when I purchased it? Why wasn't there some sort of warning I had to agree to this unheard of requirement before I could play the game? Atlus was happy to take my money without first disclosing this mandatory agreement. Nowhere did I see it on the box or in any product descriptions. Between this ridiculousness and banning of streaming, totally absurd. I can't think of any other games that have this requirement. If they just put that disclaimer, fine. But to actually have the player select to agree before playing? That's over the top.

For those that automatically hit yes: http://twinfinite.net/2017/04/persona-5-agree-disagree-work-fiction/

Looks like someone found the hidden GAF Gold for Traffic by Posting Useless Crap button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom