• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES series - "The Return of the King"

inky

PES 2015 Preview code - Manchester United vs Chelsea

http://youtu.be/l1b4YgUWMac

Looks like crap. Flat lighting, some terrible models, OK animations. Commentary is beyond terrible, but always turned that shit off anyway, UI is like PS1 era.

Seems to play fine I guess, but I wouldn't know because there's no PC demo because PC version is most likely garbage.

Another year, another "missing" king.

inky

No worries. If "gameplay is king" I'll just go back and play with the king's corpse, i.e. WE9. Fuck everything else, amirite...

Hasney

That's what I've been doing outside of the occasional misguided dabbles of FIFA. Although probably more WE6 FE since it emulates a lot nicer, all we play local mutiplayer sports game wise
unless you count wrestling as a sport

Shin

Banned
Looks like crap. Flat lighting, some terrible models, OK animations. Commentary is beyond terrible, but always turned that shit off anyway, UI is like PS1 era.

Seems to play fine I guess, but I wouldn't know because there's no PC demo because PC version is most likely garbage.

I have to agree with this, I honestly thought that the vid was from the PS3 version.

Robso

Who the fuck is this? Honestly, someone tell me
rEsuSWw.png

Ivanovic, lol.

After reading a bunch of the previews from that winningelevenblog, I think i'm going to give this game a miss this year. It sounds like most of the big PES modes have been stripped down quite a bit. The only thing the previewer didn't really seem disappointed in was the actual gameplay itself. I really like the demo, but without some interesting modes to mix it up, i'm not sure how much i'll get out of it.
Maybe next years will finally have the whole PES package.

LAM09

After reading a bunch of the previews from that winningelevenblog, I think i'm going to give this game a miss this year. It sounds like most of the big PES modes have been stripped down quite a bit. The only thing the previewer didn't really seem disappointed in was the actual gameplay itself. I really like the demo, but without some interesting modes to mix it up, i'm not sure how much i'll get out of it.

They seem to have put all their eggs in the MyClub basket.

spwolf

you mean ML but MyClub introduced?

Not sure if thats good or bad, never liked ML myself. I play a lot of 1vs1 and BAL... a lot is several hundred hours or more :)

Alej

Banned
I didn't play/buy any PES since PES2008 happened. For me the best FIFA I've played is the WC2010 and I prefer to play FIFA in full manual rather than on assisted controls.

So, about that demo, the gameplay is so addictive and good I'm nuts. Preordered. Goodbye FIFA.

Meneses

Man, I really enjoyed the demo but if BAL is gimped, no way i'm gonna buy it since that's what I play the most.

feel

Is there a stripped down League mode? That's all I care about. I mean the one where you just play home league matches (and the occasional cup and european matches) one after another without worrying about managing shit.

sweet

Robso

That's great news about the OF.

From videos the commentary still seems dire, unfortunately. Shame about Master League's advancing time nonsense as well.

Honome

I bet you're someone from evoweb or wenb, right?

:p

Bumhead

Banned
Can't believe how much I'm enjoying the demo. Usually I only ever download the football game demo's to get a quick feel for them and delete them after a few matches. This is the first time in what feels like years that I'm still playing this purely for the joy of playing it.

Also, Master League looks fine to me. I guess mileage will vary depending on what you want out of it, but the WEB guys complaints about "logic" are an irrelevance personally. To me the joy of Master League is starting with Ximenez, Huylens etc and building the best team you can from that as quick as you can. Realism isn't and never has been why I play PES and it's never been what's made Master League so compelling in the past. I've never sought a Football Manager or FIFA (which he honestly gives way too much credit there) level of career mode depth from Master League, even in it's glory days on PS2. The UI looks nice and quick and simple and if the gameplay holds up, which it sounds like it does, then I think it'll be on to a winner.

Very excited now. Absolutely itching to get started in Master League.

Datschge

As it stands, anything that involves a .PNG won't work (Emblems, league badges, sponsors, etc). Having said that, we shall know the full picture on Tuesday (PS4 2.0 update).
I see. I can live with that, the other stuff is far more important.

Sykra

Playing it for the last few days, it's solid, and feels more like football than fifa imo.
Though it's quite easy to score, shots rarely miss but I have to tinker with the settings a bit I guess, haven't played pes seriously since 5 on ps2.

Top Bottom