• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Moore leaving EA to be Liverpool Football Club CEO in June

ViciousDS

Banned
Thanks for everything peter

I actually thought he was cool. Seemed to be at most companies when they hit their stride

360 Moore was epic era

What an upgrade though, damn

The_Dama

Never forget

peter_moore_halo_2_tattoo_2.jpg

Ahasverus

Is this good or bad for EA? sounds bad, guy was passionate.

Edit: Oh, he was in charge of the sports division, carry on then, congratz on the job!

Pandy

Does Peter read GAF? I know he's acknowledged reader comments on the likes of Eurogamer, but wasn't sure how deep down the rabbit hole he went.

Anyway, best of luck Peter. I guess it's pretty much a dream job for you, so congrats on getting it. You were always one of the good ones. :)

Pennywise

Well lol I guess there's gotta be people doing the shit jobs. Welcome to midtable mediocrity.

Seriously, though, is this a good choice? Having a fan of the club at the helm? It doesn't sound like such a good idea, but I guess Liverpool is sort of a big club so they don't take this decisions lightly. It's going to be really interesting to see what effect this has on the club itself.

Why not ?
Just take a look at other CEOs, not everyone necessarily worked in the market and yet, they're still bringing the clubs forward.
Moore got more than enough managment experience.

Secret best post in the thread.

Sounds more like a dream, while in the end you'll sign some Southhampton player.

Wedzi

Banned
I have no idea how soccer works but I'm guessing being team CEO is like being a franchise president in American sports? If so that's kind of a crazy jump?

At first I thought this was just someone being funny on Twitter and this was some other guy with the same name.

This man will eventually have run the entire world.

Justinh

Good luck to him, and congratulations.

Gonna feel weird knowing that the video game industry is Peter Moore-less now...

Woooowww, how bizarre. Guess he's ticking off one huge life goal there. Will miss seeing him around to be honest. He was like a guiding light.

Steroyd

They just got embarrassed & lost to relegation candidates/managerless Leicester though.

Good luck to him though ;)

Liverpool have not won about 15 out of 17 Monday matches, or some shocking statistic like that, the result should surprise no-one.

At least he ain't Ian Ayle.

Yen

Fenway Sports Group have been really underwhelming owners, in our most barren decade since the 50s. Hopefully Moore can somehow help. I doubt it.

Nydius

Good luck Peter.

Please spend some fucking money in the summer will you.

Yeah, good luck. Already seeing fellow LFC fans trashing him as a proxy of Fenway Sports Group.

I second the spending money comment. Also break Klopp of his stubbornness about getting mid-season players. So fucking annoyed that the transfer window came and went with FSG offering up to 40 million pounds for mid-season moves and Klopp said "nope" as they went along losing all but one match in all comps in January and are now back to their losing ways.... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Feorax

Fenway Sports Group have been really underwhelming owners, in our most barren decade since the 50s. Hopefully Moore can somehow help. I doubt it.

Depends how much influence he has. I can't imagine he's going to buy into the whole "buy young, nurture, sell high" model if he wants to bring the club success.

Top Bottom