• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pewdiepie just can't help himself with the N word...the 4th time

Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

Ok, he's a racist.

However that doesn't negate that I can't fathom that a public figure, a guy who's constantly in the spotlight would create such a shitstorm without ulterior motives.
He could just keep his mouth shut and be the "nice little screaming Felix" like he always was before he started changing his direction.

You're still babying him. In the stream labelled 2 and 3 in the OP, he lays it out quite clearly. He says that he knows that no one watching the stream cares. What does that mean? It means that he thinks that he doesn't think he'll be affected when he does things like this.

We know how sincere he is about his apologies - I'd link the joke he made about Charlottesville if he hadn't deleted the tweet since the last thread, a joke about the same Charlottesville riot that he claimed made him realize that Nazis were a real thing and that he should care about the jokes he makes. He's been flagrant in showing how unapologetic he was for his Nazi jokes, and it's for the same reason.

So it's not surprisingly that he specifically says in his apology that it's not that he thinks he can get away with anything. He believes that his fake apology will satisfy the people who don't watch his videos and take the attention off, which will leave him free to continue his behaviour where only the fans are watching because the fans don't care.

Septimius

The guy who said "nigger", uses "Hitler did nothing wrong"-memes, sells Hitler beard T-Shirts and made a "social experiment" asking Indians to write "Death to all Jews" is just doing it for shockvalue?

I doubt it.

I don't know which is worse: PDP actually being a racist, or PDP seeing that his "shock value" bullshit racist stuff creates a lot of media attention, and is a way for him to remain relevant.

The way the racist part of YouTube like Thunderf00t rushed to his side was more than telling, though. Sorry, the "not to be racist, but.." part of YouTube.

The guy who said "nigger", uses "Hitler did nothing wrong"-memes, sells Hitler beard T-Shirts and made a "social experiment" asking Indians to write "Death to all Jews" is just doing it for shockvalue?

I doubt it.
Well you learn something new everyday.
Hitler beard shirts, really! People defend this!

Well you learn something new everyday.
Hitler beard shirts, really! People defend this!

PewDiePie-Context-Matters-Shirt.jpg

kliklik

Banned
I will continue to not watch him. Take that.

Out of curiosity, did he use this kind of language back when he was getting big, or is this something new he picked up? I'm wondering if cancerous chat in mp games can metastasize and spread to other people listening, just from repeated exposure.

I miss the good old, pre-fucking internet days, when white supremacists, pedophiles, and other degenerates at least had to put in some actual effort to find like minded trashy people to associate with/influence. It's way too easy for them now.

The only remotely good thing is that it's forced people to realize that the world and especially the US is still full of racist assholes. I always laughed whenever I heard people say that racism in the States is basically a non-issue in 2017.

If anything the problem is only getting worse because we're seeing a whole new generation being indoctrinated right before our eyes on a massive scale by loads of these racist white youtubers.

L Thammy

Reminder: These are what PewDiePie posts on Twitter. After he makes his token apologies to save face, here's what he sends out to his followers when he feels safe again.

This is a guy who has decided that he is rich and popular and so shouldn't need to pretend to care anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom