• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pewdiepie just can't help himself with the N word...the 4th time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozigizo

H3H3 out here being mealy mouthed and asking the important questions:

- Are white people the only ones getting offended by the N word?

- Are fire watch Devs being petty by DMCA? Is this an illegal vendetta?

- Is pewdiepie REALLY racist?

Ugh, they're just running interference for him again and saying it's disappointing. Ugh

It's really funny they are doing this. Pdp has the potential to fuck up their livelihood and everyone else's on YouTube, so continuing to do this makes no sense. I don't think Ethan is very smart.

Clefargle

It's really funny they are doing this. Pdp has the potential to fuck up their livelihood and everyone else's on YouTube, so continuing to do this makes no sense. I don't think Ethan is very smart.

They just called the fire watch dev a "real piece of shit", and sat around saying that Felix "isn't a racist". Now they're calling in a black guy like Fox News. Ethan just literally said "It's our first black guest in the studio".... and had an intro graphic for "Ask a black man". Christ

G-Fex

If he wasn't punished for his anti Semitic crap or the first time he did this he just gets off Scott free and won't lose a single viewer.

gogosox82

h3h3 is just trash.

Don't expect any youtubers to be decent people. They are either fence sitting cowards like Boogie or they are like H3H3 complete with their whataboutisms, why can't i say it, and let me bring in my dipshit black friend who just happens to agree with everything I say.

Oh Pewdiepie is totally going to fuck it up for everyone and kill the Wild West era of LPs, he's too dumb and conceited not to. Once hard reality eventually comes a knocking this YouTube house of cards is gonna topple.

Honestly while it does suck that it will affect the not human garbage LPers, some real measure of regulation needs to happen.

And when PDP is the reason why long time YouTubers can no longer afford a living they will continue to defend him.

Smaller YouTubers should be extremely pissed.

horkrux

They just called the fire watch dev a "real piece of shit", and sat around saying that Felix "isn't a racist". Now they're calling in a black guy like Fox News. Ethan just literally said "It's our first black guest in the studio".... and had an intro graphic for "Ask a black man". Christ

Well, if one black man is not offended, then clearly no black man is offended.
Wrap it up folks. PDP did nothing wrong.

tenor.gif

Ugh, they're just running interference for him again and saying it's disappointing. Ugh

Pretty much.

LotusHD

Banned
Well, if one black man is not offended, then clearly no black man is offended.
Wrap it up folks. PDP did nothing wrong.

Didn't you know? One PoC agreeing with you = 100 PoC disagreeing with you

As long as you can find that one person, it's all good.

I knew H3H3, Ethan is particular, was trash when he pushed that "both sides" rhetoric during last election cycle.

His intellectual dishonesty was highlighted when his comparison always included the worst of one side and the best of another.

In this situation he will discuss PDP's best qualities while attacking the worst of devs that are pursuing actions through DCMA.

AND THEN WSJ happened. AND THEN Jon Tron happened.

This guy is a joke.

Ozigizo

I remember the H3H3 guy calling out prank bros for their racist bullshit, but he can't call out PDP and his overt racism?

I suspect it has to do with subscriber amounts. Plus h3h3 probably has more crossover viewers with pdp. The 10-16 crowd love YouTube drama and the people who cover it.

Wamb0wneD

On the recent Easy Allies podcast they talked about this, which is kinda unusual for them and I was relieved that they were relatively on point with it.

atr0cious

What I said about him in another topic
Because sticking your head in the sand is how we got Nazis in the white House. We have to tell these people openly, as one voice, that it's not okay. There's a reason cigarette smoking isn't as publicly prevalent as it used to be, and it's because society decided that shit was bad. If we put in half the amount of effort to combat racism, we'd have more progress than MLK managed.

Ebris

Hilarious thing is that despite H3H3 basically coming down on PDP with all the force of a down pillow thrown by a three year old, his alt-right fanbase is crucifying him for even remotely saying that PDP shouldn't have said the n-word. CAN'T WIN, EH?

Hilarious thing is that despite H3H3 basically coming down on PDP with all the force of a down pillow thrown by a three year old, his alt-right fanbase is crucifying him for even remotely saying that PDP shouldn't have said the n-word. CAN'T WIN, EH?
Turns out if you keep sitting on that fence for too long both sides will hate your guts.

The copyright claims are like a red flag for Youtubers it seems. Once someone tries to (rightfully and fully legally) claim their copyright on some content, they go straight into fighting mode. Same when something gets demonetized or something, as if they just magically deserve to make money. It's really pathetic to see.

Of course because of that, they are missing that all this stuff is the actual danger to their income, because of this is in the news every month all your advertisers are going to pull out. Good luck then.

Celebrities were a mistake. YouTube celebrities are basically an amplified version of that stupidity.
At least most celebrities have some kind of filter between them and the public. Managers, journalists, editorial oversight, etc, etc. On Youtube it is just - literally - screaming at a camera with whatever enters your mind. And apparently for Pewdiepie that is racial slurs a lot of times.

Nokterian

I hate ethan so much right now, he didn't call out jontron either..

At least most celebrities have some kind of filter between them and the public. Managers, journalists, editorial oversight, etc, etc. On Youtube it is just - literally - screaming at a camera with whatever enters your mind. And apparently for Pewdiepie that is racial slurs a lot of times.
Celebs also tend to have life experience and understand how the real world works because most of them had to work hard to be where there are while a bunch of these big name YouTubers haven't had any real job other than being a YouTube star because they lucked into it at a young age.

These specific YouTubers want all of the pros of being a professional with none of the cons.

Literally none.

My hope is this racist nonsense is the thing that bubbles it all over and has a third party step in between the youtubers and viewers and finally puts a proper regulation system in. Heck if I know how it would be implemented given the scale of youtube, but if you can't behave like the standards other non-youtube celebrities are required to, you don't deserve to make money off it, at least.

Nabs

😐😐😐😐😐😐

Hey remember when PewDiePie nearly killed Machinima because advertisers pulled out because he constantly screamed "rape!"

Oh hey remember when H3H3 literally lied about the Wall Street Journal fabricating a story to support his bullshit "MSM is killing Youtube" narrative while ignoring the irony that Youtubers and the complete lack of standards are killing Youtube?

Seventy70

They think everything revolves around them and their friends. Campo Santos decision wasn't about them. I guess that's a really hard thing to understand. It's not as if there are consequences to actions or anything. If you fuck up and realize your mistake, you should be happy to pay the consequences. That's how it works. But, they are so fragile because their stupid friend can't say a specific word.

These idiots are massive hypocrites. They like to talk about echo chambers and playing victim, but they do the exact same thing. I really like how they thought having a black guy on would give them some kind of authority over the matter.

H3H3 is a disappointment. I thought Hila might be the voice of reason since Ethan is so caught up in bromances at this point.

Edit: Now I'm actually remembering a video in which Ethan's mom was telling a story about how massive of a dick he was when he was younger. I guess times haven't changed...

Compbros

And when PDP is the reason why long time YouTubers can no longer afford a living they will continue to defend him.

Smaller YouTubers should be extremely pissed.

Right here. About a third of my almost 1000 videos have been hit with "ad-unfriendly" claims even though most are just me playing Injustice or Mortal Kombat with no commentary. I have bids with 20,000 views that I can't appeal because they don't get 1,000 views in 7 days anymore but still get hundreds a week. Used to make an okay amount, nothing exorbitant but enough to go to the movies and treat myself and a couple friends at the concession stand. Now I'm lucky to make double digits.

As far as PDP, how people can defend this guy shows how awful people's morals can be. No one wants to alienate their or his fan base so there's a ton of fence sitting or outright defending just to keep the status quo at the cost of looking morally reprehensive. He should be vilified at this point. It's not "sad", it's not "disappointing", it's gross and he should be called out on it from every direction not excusing him for a "moment of weakness".

This is ridiculous. A lot of youtubers aren't afraid of taking sides, a lot of youtubers are talented, a lot of youtubers are god people.

And a lot of youtubers are going to have their hobby, career, and livelihood ruined if they don't speak up greater against trash like PDP and what he's doing to their image.

TheSun

Man, the most popular youtube guy ever just had to be racist.

He couldn't be like mister Rogers, or not shit, but a racist.

And predictably H3H3 are shit about it too.

kmax

Much like YouTube, prolific YouTubers like Boogie and h3h3 won't distance themselves since they're pocketing from that crowd.

It's all about the money. Always has been.

Nabs

Dunno why not. They ban people just for using twitch already.

They ban people for using Twitch to harass and kill people in their game. They can't police what people do or say outside of the game. Youtube needs to ban or limit his streaming ability, not PUBG.

Gestault

If these come across as actual unintended slip-ups, in the sense that he's catching himself before saying it, and immediately commenting on it self-critically, and most importantly it doesn't come across as a nod-nod-wink-wink playful game, I think the process of self-improvement might be good for some people to see.

That's a lot of "if"s, but I'd like to see a process of this guy changing himself and his audience seeing it happen along with him. That would be the ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom