• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie reached 10 Billion YouTube views

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
When I was much younger, I despised PewDiePie. How could someone so talentless luck into so much money?

Now, I can only applaud a then-teen who found his own niche and took advantage of that as best as he could.

Still haven't watched a single video of his.

Hoo-doo

Banned
No, just no. Not in the slightest is he the hardest working person on Youtube.

Erm, he's a youtuber not a pop/movie star. He's not making THAT much money.

He made 7.4 million in 2014 alone and that number is only going up.
You have some weird standards.

User1608

Banned
Congrats. Not my thing but he clearly has an audience, enjoys himself, and is bringing in the dough. Good for him!

OCD Guy

Erm, he's a youtuber not a pop/movie star. He's not making THAT much money.

You've either got a strange definition of what qualifies as "THAT much money", or you really have underestimated the potential earnings on YouTube.

There are YouTube stars who are rolling in cash and they've got far less subscribers and channel views than PewDiePie. The top YouTube stars get more than just ad revenue, they receive sponsorship deals, money for product placements in their videos etc.

Bear in mind PewDiePie has about 40 million subscribers, there are YouTube "stars" with "only" 2 million subscribers who are doing VERY well for themselves.

The UK FIFA players who do nothing but scream at the camera while playing have earnt enough to buy themselves property in the UK and L.A and are driving about in Lamborghinis, I wouldn't mind having their "not THAT much cash".

Look at KSI who has 10 million subscribers, he paid the mortgage for his parents, bought himself a house, fancy cars etc. he's living good. There are doctors, solicitors etc who would be classed as earning good money and they aren't able to live the lifestyle these YouTube guys are.

Bold One

I dont understand the appeal at all,

fair dues

Black-REDGAME-4.jpg

diamount

Banned
He's no Refbatch but he does work hard.

Plenty of people work hard who do not even have 1/10th of his subscribers, regardless he plays games - lets not even categorise youtube as 'hard work.

He's rich by any reasonable person's definition of the word. He's no billionaire, but he's definitely set for life at this point.

Just not that rich to fund the sort of lifestyle in the other industries I mentioned.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Why are people offended this guy? Kids like him, right? You don't go around hating barney

Barney's schtick is not in the same realm as he is, not in the slightest.

PDP is like Fred for videogames to me...just pandering to a certain audience.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Plenty of people work hard who do not even have 1/10th of his subscribers, regardless he plays games - lets not even categorise youtube as 'hard work.

lol you ain't shit

Wilsongt

Do you, pew. Mad respect for people like him and streamers who bring in that cash. A lot of youtubers like him, also.

diamount

Banned
You've either got a strange definition of what qualifies as "THAT much money", or you really have underestimated the potential earnings on YouTube.

There are YouTube stars who are rolling in cash and they've got far less subscribers and channel views than PewDiePie. The top YouTube stars get more than just ad revenue, they receive sponsorship deals, money for product placements in their videos etc.

Bear in mind PewDiePie has about 40 million subscribers, there are YouTube "stars" with "only" 2 million subscribers who are doing VERY well for themselves.

The UK FIFA players who do nothing but scream at the camera while playing have earnt enough to buy themselves property in the UK and L.A and are driving about in Lamborghinis, I wouldn't mind having their "not THAT much cash".

Look at KSI who has 10 million subscribers, he paid the mortgage for his parents, bought himself a house, fancy cars etc. he's living good. There are doctors, solicitors etc who would be classed as earning good money and they aren't able to live the lifestyle these YouTube guys are.

Why are you comparing them to middle-class and upper middle class professions? I mean in other entertainment industries, they might as well be earning peanuts. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

lol you ain't shit

Speak English please.

OCD Guy

Just not that rich to fund the sort of lifestyle in the other industries I mentioned.

But you can apply that logic to anything.

I could compare "movie stars" to footballers and in comparison they don't earn that much money.

The top footballers are earning obscene amounts of cash.

Let's not get it twisted, the top YouTube earners have earnt a HUGE amount of money. We're talking millions here.

iNvid02

it must be a combination of the money, the love of doing it, and the mountains of salt that sustains him now. its great.

OCD Guy

Why are you comparing them to middle-class and upper middle class professions? I mean in other entertainment industries, they might as well be earning peanuts. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

It's not hard to grasp. You stated that PewDiePie pie doesn't have "that much money" as he's not a movie star, he's only on YouTube.

I've simply disagreed, as you're clearly not aware of how much money the high end Youtubers are earning.

Also not sure how old you are but the media industry is changing, the new generation spend more time watching YouTube than "movie stars".

Their idols are Internet personalities, not action stars etc in the latest movies.

Neol

Not my crowd but congrats to him.

From what I've seen and heard about him he's a pretty nice/chill guy.

BibiMaghoo

Why are people offended this guy? Kids like him, right? You don't go around hating barney

I do, who does that guy think he is walking around with his stubby arms and green chest, squaring off to everyone. Guy needs a beating, someone gonna jump him one day.

Orbis

I can't be offended by this, he clearly entertains people and people have done a lot less to earn millions. He's also used some of the fame for charitable purposes. That number is absurd though, more than 1 view per person on the entire planet.

Velcro Fly

This caused me to check on chuggaaconroy to see his stats. Almost to a million subs and at about 975 million video views.

PewDiePie is just off the charts. Not my cup of tea but I can't hate the guy.

diamount

Banned
He made 7.4 million in 2014 alone and that number is only going up.
You have some weird standards.

But you can apply that logic to anything.

I could compare "movie stars" to footballers and in comparison they don't earn that much money.

The top footballers are earning obscene amounts of cash.

Let's not get it twisted, the top YouTube earners have earnt a HUGE amount of money. We're talking millions here.

Jesus fucking Christ, can you scroll back to the original post I quoted? That is not enough money to fuck someone up, it's not like he got 9 million dollars overnight, it was a gradual thing. Not like the NFL players who were on the poverty one year, and on a multi-million year contract the next, hence I'm not comparing him to perceived professions that earn a lot of money.

I'm clearly aware how much they are making, just disagree with your gauge of wealth. Anyone can buy houses and 'lamborghinis - you do know there are multiple classes of lamboghinis right'. You can be worth millions on paper but not have a penny in your bank account.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Congrats to him. I personally don't find him funny or interesting at all, but people apparently do and he has a huge audience who enjoy his work so that's great for them. Amazing, this revolution of streaming/watching people play games. :)

Armadilo

Banned

On Gaf their is people that hate Esports, people that hate twitch streamers, people that hate YouTubers and these people probably hate all of them, "I Don't understand " is what these people always say. They just don't understand

Lol no one's jealous man, pewdiepie is garbage.

Yup, the ability to dislike something or someone does not necessarily have anything to do with being jealous of them. Lot of people tend to forget that in these threads.

Also, neat. Not sure if thread worthy, but good for him.

Top Bottom