• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: "Minecraft is a perfect fit for the Nintendo Switch"

I dont think anyone dislikes myamoto, but he seems to meddle alot in games at nintendo some times for worse, some times for better.

Talk to Paper Mario fans, they arent too happy that he pretty much destroyed their favorite franchise.

As a guy who grew up with Paper Mario 64 and TTYD, I will never forgive him for that. I still appreciate how much he influenced in modern gaming, but his mistakes deserve attention as well.

Crayon

Shit is all off topic but I want to say that there is a close relationship between the bullying and the general reaction it gets. Just putting that out there.

On topic: I think I will try minecraft on switch. I remember looking at it when it was very first catching on and I thought "well Ill be damned" as I looked at the sales. But I never really played it but for a few minutes. Now I have switch fever and all of a sudden I want minecraft. Derp.

He is right, though. Literally RIGHT after those posts they came flooding in. I mean, it didn't even make it to the second page. IMHO, it's more sad that it's such a common occurrence here, so much so that people predict it correctly seconds/minutes before it actually happens.

Like, that's fucking pathetic. A topic about Minecraft on Nintendo Switch has people talking about Xbox having no games, Phil Spencer is shilling, and Xbox exclusives should be on Playstation on the first page.

Why talk about a couple of pre-emptive (and ironically 100% correct) posts when there is a much bigger problem here?

Anyways, we should get off this subject as it's going to further derail the thread. :p

So let them post first and then just PM a mod. No need to assist them in derailing and giving them the attention they desire. Last thing I'll say about it.

I wonder if it'll be possible to play multiplayer on the go with multiple controllers. That'll be pretty cool for the kids.

How can anybody actually dislike Miyamoto, though? He is an awesome human being. :p

There are those who don't subscribe entirely to his philosophy of what constitutes a great game and those principles are reflected (allegedly) on every game Nintendo produces. Personally speaking, I think he's a genius and the only thing I really disagree with him on is his dismissive attitude toward narrative-driven games (e.g., Paper Mario series).

xbos-retro-hor.jpg

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Can this thread be restarted. Literally every post is off topic, or talking about how quick it will derail.

Talk to Paper Mario fans, they arent too happy that he pretty much destroyed their favorite franchise.

As a guy who grew up with Paper Mario 64 and TTYD, I will never forgive him for that. I still appreciate how much he influenced in modern gaming, but his mistakes deserve attention as well.

Hm, Paper Mario Color Splash is a great game, so I don't see the franchise "destroyed" but just moving forward, perhaps in a direction some don't like, but that is just a matter of opinion.

@thread: MS will make tons of money with the Switch version.

Maximus P

I've been around long enough to know the drill when it comes to Phil Spencer threads on here,but, I've got to say, the responses on here still surprised me. The guy didn't even say anything and he's still getting berated.

There are those who don't subscribe entirely to his philosophy of what constitutes a great game and those principles are reflected (allegedly) on every game Nintendo produces. Personally speaking, I think he's a genius and the only thing I really disagree with him on is his dismissive attitude toward narrative-driven games (e.g., Paper Mario series).
I wonder how he felt about Super Mario RPG. Did he see it as a harmless one off instead of a series like Paper Mario that challenged what a Mario game could/should be?

Some of you guys are really annoying.

"He didn't say it directly."

He still meant what the Verge printed as a headline. I mean, he had to have if he tweeted the article.

Top Bottom