• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: "Minecraft is a perfect fit for the Nintendo Switch"

Septic360

Banned
All those 1st party franchises...

Halo? Dead in the water.

Gears? Past its prime.

Forza? Eh, it's pretty good I guess

Edit: I'd perk up for multiplat Sunset Overdrive

Ahahah what a load of fucking bullshit. Forza pretty good I guess.....

Dwight-Schrute-LOL.gif

Slythe

What a mess.

First of all, regardless of whether sharing the article automatically copies the title, Phil is very much saying/agreeing that the Switch is perfect for Minecraft.

Second of all, yes he is a salesman repping his product, but it is still interesting to me to see the head of Xbox directly (or indirectly) repping the hot new console of a competitor.

My biggest takeaway is Phil must have balls of steel or he has very good job security because he never seems scared to show support for Sony and Nintendo. Whoever he answers to must have a lot of confidence in his ability to grow the Xbox brand because he breaks a lot of the traditional rules for developing brand identity in the console space

Complimenting the competition, porting owned IPs to competitors consoles, repping games like Uncharted 4 and Horizon on Twitter, talking in interviews about owning and playing non Microsoft consoles, talking in interviews about moving away from exclusivity.. these are all very different choices for a head of a brand to make. You would (probably) not see Reggie doing many of the things on this list, not that there's nothing wrong with that.

Whether you dislike Phil, or Microsoft, or the Switch, or everybody, you've got to admit... Phil Spencer is interesting.

leeh

Wut?
Miyamoto is loved here, sure we take the piss but still love the guy.

Phil just comes across as a smug prick with that forced ass smile through gritted teeth he does all the time.
Did he take a shit and set it on fire outside of your door or something?

My lawd.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
How in the hell are you so sure of what's on her toast?

EDIT: Or even what she's drinking?
Dude. The print has white and black.

Nobody drinks tea out of that cup.
(Propper beverage while having toast)
If the glass was white it would be milk.
If the top of the glass was filled with dots it was soda.

It is clear so it must me water.

What else do you put on a toast? Besides butter and marmelade?

Dude hit the share button on the article. Isn't exactly the same thing as saying it himself.

Also, does Minecraft hace co op? I could see it being a good Switch game if it does

Not really though.

Spencer should just give up and go full evil so everyone can hate him for an actual reason other than his stupid face.

With those lips and teeth.

So stupid.

Also I wish MC was $20 on switch...but I'll give in and buy it at $30 at some point to play with my niece.

Synth

Dude. The print has white and black.

Nobody drinks tea out of that cup.
(Propper beverage while having toast)
If the glass was white it would be milk.
If the top of the glass was filled with dots it was soda.

It is clear so it must me water.

What else do you put on a toast? Besides butter and marmelade?

It could be juice though... none of your conditions account for juice.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Nah, that's just jpg compression.

I think you are mistaken this is jpg compression.

WU6lfw4h.png

she the strange wiggle rainbow like artifacts around this black font?

07CRIzTh.png

If you look closely in the right corner on the upper book you can see they are using some kind of gradient.

and it is by fact no compression artifact AT ALL.

If the glass on the table contained juice they could have used gradients,
So this girl was drinking water and that makes her a stupid bitch.

Platy

Reminds of a tumblr post I saw once

All that stuff about Sony and Microsoft “respecting their elders” when they make positive social media posts about Nintendo or actively encourage people to buy the latest Nintendo platform as their backup console really cracks me up, because that’s not what’s happening at all.

What’s happening is that Nintendo is the only console manufacturer that’s willing to experiment and take risks with the hardware, and Sony and Microsoft are waiting to see if they’ll come up with anything worth copying. All that “support” is basically the corporate equivalent of going “hold on - let’s see where they’re going with this”.

I mean, of course they “support” Nintendo. Without them, they might have to actually take a chance on trying something original!
http://prokopetz.tumblr.com/post/159847438127/all-that-stuff-about-sony-and-microsoft

Falchion

It's still wild to me that Microsoft owns one of the most popular, multi platform franchises that's on every system.

Synth

I think you are mistaken this is jpg compression.

WU6lfw4h.png

she the strange wiggle rainbow like artifacts around this black font?

07CRIzTh.png

If you look closely in the right corner on the upper book you can see they are using some kind of gradient.

and it is by fact no compression artifact AT ALL.

If the glass on the table contained juice they could have used gradients,
So this girl was drinking water and that makes her a stupid bitch.

What!? No...

That shit's everywhere on the image (as would be expected, considering the entire image is compressed), not just in the book's corner. Even in the cropped section you provided you can see almost the exact same thing on the outside where the book meets her dress. Everything in the image is either black, white or pink with no subtlety in between. She could be drinking a whole bunch of different things for all we know.

Plus, I've ignored the whole "butter and marmalade" thing only because it seems that any suggestion otherwise would be likely to piss you off royally.

Topic went full circle, now branched off to a different multiverse where we talk about what she is really drinking and whether or not she has butter/marmalade on her toast that is/isn't a cracker.

Jesus Christ lol

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I agree with Phil (or rather his own agreeing with the verge) since it seems like best way to play it portable.

So this is what happens when combine an xbox thread shit show with a switches. I would say I'm surprised but I'm not. Still a sight to behold.

I agree with Phil (or rather his own agreeing with the verge) since it seems like best way to play it portable.

So this is what happens when combine an xbox thread shit show with a switches. I would say I'm surprised but I'm not. Still a sight to behold.

I agree as well. I'm not sure why so many people have taken offense to it, like at all.

Top Bottom